Current requirements for extending visa exempt entry

33 minutes ago, arminbkk said:

Does one only need a photograph and copy of passport

It requires a TM7 form with photo.

Copy of your identity page passport.

Copy of visa if any.

Your most recent entry stamp.

Copy of your TM6 (arrival card) 

You should not require a TM30 but take one along if your hotel can provide receipt..

Fee 1900baht.

If applying in Bangkok you will apply at Mueang Thong Thani immigration office. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Copy of visa if any.

You should not require a TM30 but take one along if your hotel can provide receipt..

Fee 1900baht.

Thanks DrJack.

What again is a TM30?

28 minutes ago, arminbkk said:

What again is a TM30?

It's an address report called a TM30. 

Normally when you check into a hotel or whatever the owner makes a TM30 report.

Done online and generates a receipt. The hotel can do a copy for you. 

Might not be asked for. These things vary from office to office.

Do you know which office you will be applying at? 

Edited by DrJack54

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Copy of visa if any.

Fee 1900baht.

What is form TM7? ( with photo?) 

I thought copy of application form which used to be in hallway area of CW in Bangkok ( maybe that's what you are calling TM 7?

I thought 2 copies of main passport page

2 passport photos 

2 copies of entry stamp that is in passport 

2 copies of TM 6 ( both sides) 

if arriving visa exempt how would he ( or I) have a copy of a visa? 
I also bring a copy of my return flight to my next destination: home ( is this necessary?) 

maybe I've done 2 copies of everything just to have one for me and one for them.  
I don't do TM 30 so if they fuss about this wouldn't he or I possibly need 1000 baht more for potential fine? 
sorry but I just have not had to do a 30 day extension of Visa exempt in at least 8 years and need to do before April 9

Thanks! 

Edited by alex8912

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

What is form TM7? ( with photo?) 

I thought copy of application form which used to be in hallway area of CW in Bangkok ( maybe that's what you are calling TM 7?

I thought 2 copies of main passport page

2 passport photos 

2 copies of entry stamp that is in passport 

2 copies of TM 6 ( both sides) 

if arriving visa exempt how would he ( or I) have a copy of a visa? 
I also bring a copy of my return flight to my next destination: home ( is this necessary?) 

maybe I've done 2 copies of everything just to have one for me and one for them.  
I don't do TM 30 so if they fuss about this wouldn't he or I possibly need 1000 baht more for potential fine? 
sorry but I just have not had to do a 30 day extension of Visa exempt in at least 8 years and need to do before April 9

Thanks! 

Not in order but....

I stated "copy of visa if any" just to make it more general.

Don't know why you made 2 copies.

The TM7 is extension form.

It's available when you attend immigration or you can download and pre fill out and attach photo.

BTW you mentioned CW.

If your obtaining a 30 day extension to visa exempt entry you will attend Mueang Thong Thani. Same for covid extension (if they continue) 

You do not require outbound flight.

A TM30 could be asked for.

Your hotel should be able to provide copy of receipt. 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not in order but....

I stated "copy of visa if any" just to make it more general.

Don't know why you made 2 copies.

The TM7 is extension form.

It's available when you attend immigration or you can download and pre fill out and attach photo.

BTW you mentioned CW.

If your obtaining a 30 day extension to visa exempt entry you will attend Mueang Thong Thani. Same for covid extension (if they continue) 

You do not require outbound flight.

A TM30 could be asked for.

Your hotel should be able to provide copy of receipt. 

Oh so Mueng Thon Thani is where I have to go. I'll google it. That is really good to know I thought CW ( chaeng wattana) was for 30 day extension, that shows how long it's been since I went. Thanks I stay in condo that's part mine and a friends but I won't have a TM 30

Edited by alex8912

8 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Thanks I stay in condo that's part mine and a friends but I won't have a TM 30

Hopefully someone with first hand experience of 30 day extension at MTT can give you a heads up.

Pretty sure it was being asked for covid extensions. 

You could always check into a hotel for one night that does TM30 and give you receipt. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Hopefully someone with first hand experience of 30 day extension at MTT can give you a heads up.

Pretty sure it was being asked for covid extensions. 

You could always check into a hotel for one night that does TM30 and give you receipt. 

But there should be no problem with just paying the 1000 baht fee I hope.   

24 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

But there should be no problem with just paying the 1000 baht fee I hope.   

I have looked at past threads.

Even our go to guy ubonjoe stated in one thread "it may be required".

Think what would happen at MTT is at doc check someone might reject and tell you to come back with a TM30. 

When they were fining people it was 800baht.

Can't give any guaranteed advice. 

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I have looked at past threads.

Even our go to guy ubonjoe stated in one thread "it may be required".

Think what would happen at MTT is at doc check someone might reject and tell you to come back with a TM30. 

When they were fining people it was 800baht.

Can't give any guaranteed advice. 

Oh wow. That's the first time I ever heard of this. I knew about TM 30 but never thought of it as possibly mandatory.  It's a 1/2 day usually up there already.  Well anyways thanks again. I'll figure it out.  Seems strange you can drive up to BKK in the morning from a small hotel in Ko Samed or somewhere that doesn't do a TM 30 and then arrive at an immigration office and get rejected. I'd say 90% of tourists have no idea what a TM 30 even is.   But TIT 

Am I correct that The Immigration Bureau has changed the reporting frequency of TM30 to only when foreigners arrive?  Property or hotel owners do not need to file the reports again if the guests leave the premises only temporarily and then return, or when they have multiple-entry visas or re-entry permits.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I asked for a TM30 at the place where I stay, which operates both as a hotel and apartment for rent.

What I got does not look like a TM30 to me, but more like a printscreen of some system input.

It has my passport number and name, but the date shown is incorrect (I did not arrive on that day, a week later actually), and the country is also incorrect.

See the attached.

Someone have an example of a TM30 form?

Thanks.

TM30ornot.png

25 minutes ago, arminbkk said:

I asked for a TM30 at the place where I stay, which operates both as a hotel and apartment for rent.

What I got does not look like a TM30 to me, but more like a printscreen of some system input.

The online report is not the same as a TM30 form.

That appears to one done on the mobile app for doing it online.

Probably a drop down menu error for your country.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The online report is not the same as a TM30 form.

That appears to one done on the mobile app for doing it online.

Probably a drop down menu error for your country.

Thanks Ubonjoe.

So I take it that I cannot use this for extension of visa exempt entry, right?

4 minutes ago, arminbkk said:

Thanks Ubonjoe.

So I take it that I cannot use this for extension of visa exempt entry, right?

I see not reason for it not to be accepted.

The arrival date is not important now since it was done long before the day you go to immigration.

Perhaps, but they will notice that the country is not the same as on my passport,

which should be Netherlands, not Netherlands Antilles.

Could they still obtain an actual TM30?

Or should I try with this?

Thanks and regards.

A bit off topic, but I read earlier that there was consideration to make the 30-day visa free entry extended to 45 days. This was to be discussed at last weeks' CCSA meeting. A lot of details came out of the meeting, but not this. Anyone heard anything about it? I am planning a 6 week trip in the summer and it would make my life easier for sure. Otherwise, I need a throwaway flight out of the country, plus a border run or trip to immigration for an extension...

13 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

A bit off topic, but I read earlier that there was consideration to make the 30-day visa free entry extended to 45 days.

I have not seen anything about it since it was first mentioned as a possibility.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You should try using what you have.

I don't think the nationality on it will be a problem.

Thanks.

But I just noticed that the passport number is incorrect: they put a "Z" instead of a "2".

Aside from the above: is it possible to get a 30-day extension on a 30-day extension of a visa exempt entry?

5 minutes ago, arminbkk said:

Aside from the above: is it possible to get a 30-day extension on a 30-day extension of a visa exempt entry?

Only one 30 day extension per entry.

So not possible to obtain 2.

You could obtain a covid extension prior to July 25. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, arminbkk said:

But I just noticed that the passport number is incorrect: they put a "Z" instead of a "2".

They really got a lot of things wrong when they did the report. Maybe ask them to do another one.

2 minutes ago, arminbkk said:

No

You can only apply for one 30 day extension per entry of the country.

You may be able to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension near the end of your 30 day extension.

Was worth a try ????

Thanks for the advices.

I'll ask the staff here if they can do a new one.

Why would they still give Covid-19 extensions come August?

Would one not need a good reason for that, for instance, Thailand is in lockdown, or your homecountry is in lockdown?

24 minutes ago, arminbkk said:

Why would they still give Covid-19 extensions come August?

If you were to get a 30 day extension it would probably be ending early enough to apply for the covid 19 extension on or before July 24th when the current order for them ends. The order for theme could possibley be extended again for another 60 days.

At this time you only tick a few boxes on a blank affidavit immigration has you complete and sign. Only the covid 19 pandemic is enough to get the extension.