Non-o-visa

I’m literally running down the very last 90 days of my utilized and voided Non-O-Visa in a temporary passport. My new regular passport, which I think to exchange against the temporary one just before I leave this country, is waiting at Swiss Embassy already.

Arrangements are made as well that I get a new Non-O-Visa in Europe. I do not live in vicinity of an immigration office and I would just hate that new passport gets cluttered with transfer stamp and especially with whatever other scribble they might put into that new document.

Therefore my intention is to check in at Suvarnabhumi and show immigration there my present stamp in the voided temporary passport along with the new passport that has to be provided with the farewell stamp.

Feaseable? Your thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

I recently got a new passport from the english embassy in bkok,i have a non O,my paaport was nealy out of date,i had to go to cambodia 4 days after i got new passport and was told to take both the old and new with me,at the border they used up one page transferring the visa o details,they said i would have to use the 2 passports until i have a new visa in the new passport,if you are leaving by air they might only stamp your new passport with the exit stamp if you tell them you wont be re-entering until you have the new visa,not sure but hope this helps....

Feeling guilty about having started an off-topic discussion on US visa requirements for Swiss nationals, I have split the relevant posts to a new topic, but now I see that this part of a post of mine relevant to the topic at hand would be missing here:

I think you would have some problem at the airport. I remember reading a post within the last four weeks – can’t find it now – where a man was chastised at a land border post for not having had the last entry stamp transferred to the new passport. The border official then made the transfer with a lot more scribbling than the immigration office would have done. One can ask the embassy not to cancel the page with a valid visa stamp, but pages with entry stamps get cancelled.

There have been other reports, I believe, of people leaving the country with the last entry stamp in the old passport but it appears that there is no uniform practice by immigration officials to accept this.

It is commendable that you wish to keep your new passport in as close a pristine condition as possible but look at it this way: with the transfer of the stamp you will have an entry in your passport that few others have.