Spending habits over the years. Young, middle aged to older. Changes?

Grecian

Not much to spend it on, either in Mex or Bible-belt land. We have a lovely home back in the states that is well done up that we air B+B and we like to go out to eat in a 4* restaurant about twice a week. Will def go out traveling for a year when Mama dies. When we travel, we want a 3* room and a 5* dinner.

After that, I'll be living the life of Henry David Thoreau. It costs a fortune to lead a minimalist life. We have a little garden. I am convinced that home grow tomatoes costs about $5 each when everything is factored in.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grecian said:

I just seem contented to live simply. Drink less, chase women way less, buy less stuff.

Lots of entertainment is free these days too. (Downloads)

Going out now is a 60bht iced coffee while reading my ebook (free download lol) in a cafe or two leos while watching premier league in a reasonably priced bar!!!! 

Less hookers and drinking in bars, no coffee ships at all (Typhoo tea is much cheaper, 1bht/cup).

More beer and drugs (purely medicinal) at home.

Books, movies, music, TV shows all downloaded free (apart from internet fees).

7 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I see a lot of people wearing diving watches well inland in Thailand.

I respect people who are up for a cave rescue at the drop of a hat.

I did a bit of cave diving when I was younger, Florida fresh water caves, Malta, Gozo and the Algarve sea caves.

Too old for all that now.

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Get a grip man......you're letting the side down.

My pals used to visit from the UK and always wanted to go bar hopping to look at the girls.

I'd go with them, but COVID stopped all that, seems a bit pointless on my own.

Not even sure Loi Krow is still there.

Not been in a bar since March 2020, Siem Reap the day before Thailand closed it's borders. I was just about their last western tourist, it was a really odd night.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

My pals used to visit from the UK and always wanted to go bar hopping to look at the girls.

I'd go with them, but COVID stopped all that, seems a bit pointless on my own.

Not even sure Loi Krow is still there.

Got some friends chomping at the bit to come over this summer.......they've not been before........555

• Like 1

Mex flea markets are great. Lots of lurid movie posters with busty women writhing in chains and seriously bleeding Jesus's. Jesus takes more of a beating here than Stallone in Rambo III. My wife says we have to wait to go home to hang them up together.

In case a Mexican person pops in and gets offended.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You have group sex with mates? Supposed to be on own

We worked out (early on) the ladies liked to see you drinking beer with your pals (and a table full of food for them to graze), and then they would try to cut you out of the herd. Maybe different if you only use gogos, but from my experiences in bars they don't like loners.

The Thai restaurants/live music venues behind the shooting range (Rama IX Lanna Park) round the lake at Chang Puak were always really wild. Santitham Plaza was also always a good night out (Rajabhat university girls).

Edited by BritManToo