IKEA to open the fourth store in Thailand

webfact

276117188_5255464734515162_2354249977531153651_n-scaled.jpg

IKEA Thailand via Facebook

by Gregers Møller

Last week, the Swedish furniture giant announced the opening of its fourth store in Thailand. Posting on Facebook, IKEA said:

“Get ready to meet the 4th IKEA store in Thailand! on Sukhumvit Road In the heart of Bangkok at Emsphere”.

IKEA did not include details of an opening date or details of the concept for its new store at Emsphere, the project mall being constructed next to the Emporium shopping mall by BTS Phrom Phong.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://scandasia.com/ikea-to-open-the-fourth-store-in-thailand/

sca.jpg

-- © Copyright ScandAsia 2022-03-29

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Sofa vaguely resembles a pedestrian crosswalk.

Amazed no one plowed into it.

2 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

I trust the parking will be available ‘in the heart of Bangkok’.

Why? Customers can shop online or visit the store using public transportation, place orders for delivery.

That said, Emsphere looks to be quite large, and assume it will have parking similar to the nearby EM's (porium, quartier).

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Even Udon Thani.  I bet it would do great.  The garbage furniture stores scattered around selling overpriced junk with the same with imitation leather.

Never happen

Most furniture is junk, only if you like teakwood you still can find some decent stuff at local chops  like in Baan Tawai. I used IKEA for our (student) condo in Bangna, perfect and better than the local brands.

Strange wanted to quote Burma Bill but get J2U?????

Edited by SomchaiCNX

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Who needs IKEA?? Certainly not me. When I lived in Lanna, Northern Thailand, there were plenty of local family carpenters and furnishers, who I supported, offering quality products at affordable prices.

Evidently large portion of the population.  Seems their parking and stores are always packed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Most furniture is junk, only if you like teakwood you still can find some decent stuff at local chops  like in Baan Tawai. I used IKEA for our (student) condo in Bangna, perfect and better than the local brands.

Strange wanted to quote Burma Bill but get J2U?????

Lucky day I guess!

• Haha 1