Nan Expected to Attract Over 700,000 Visitors This Year: TAT

webfact

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Nan provincial office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has said it expects the province to be able to attract 700,000 visitors this year.

I was wondering about the facts behind the prediction, but it seems like they used the TAT-calculator...:whistling:

• Haha 1

I like Nan.  Used to fly there with Kan Airways and PB Air, but they closed down.  Also closed down are the routes with Thai Airways, Air Andaman, Nok Mini, Solar Air, Happy Air and WIsdom Airways.  Getting their by bus involves a long journey over twisty roads and intermittent bouts of vomiting.

Very few decent restaurants.

Can't see its becoming a major tourist attraction.

• Haha 1

Can we drive to Nan without the covid control post near Wiang Sa ?

Love to drive the 101 to Nan (if they are working on it) and walk around . It's nicer than my city. But now with our own immi office and covid , not eager to go.

Nan is not so boring unless you make it that way. Many things to see and do inside the city as well as a short drive outside. 

But if you're just looking for go-go bars and special massage parlors with the likes of Chiang Mai then Nan is not the place for you.

Of course Nan doesn't have the big fancy and expensive malls however it doesn't have the traffic that comes with them.

I lived in CM for over 10 years and started to find it comfortable. However I moved to Nan over 2 months ago and enjoy living here.

I have found some nice restaurants that satisfy my western cravings as well as some very good Thai ones.....  and then there's some good local markets.

Lastly, I prefer to deal with the Immigration here in Nan any day before using the one in CM. That alone is a big plus!