AQ.in.th SIMPLIFIES AND SPEEDS UP THE PROCESS OF ENTERING THAILAND FOR TOURISTS

ASEAN NOW Sales

8 hours ago, ASEAN NOW Sales said:

AQ.in.th and all hotel partners also join forces with Ksher, a leading payment gateway certified by the Ministry of Finance and the Bank of Thailand

Ksher based out of China. Makes payment for Russians much easier.  I could easily be wrong. 

1 hour ago, Robin said:

I have talked to friend in UK, pre-Covid tourists to Thailand, and none would consider coming to Thailand while these restrictions apply. 

When they visited Thailand it was simple:-

book flight, book hotel, fly, get visa on arrival, enjoy holiday.  

Now there are holiday places in Europe that offer this, they are not considering Thailand. Nor will they until all restrictions are lifted for all vaccinated travellers.   

When is Thailand going to wake up and realise that it is not the only holiday destination in a competitive world?

Why would anyone consider a tropical holiday in Europe right now LMAO 

Edited by whereyougo

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:

You have to accept the covid test result from before the flight and not test people once they get here.........

As a tourist i would not come because of the risk of failing the covid test once here......holiday ruined....gone. 

Whats stopping worried people such as yourself from doing a pre-flight PCR test? Not making it mandatory anymore shouldn't make a difference.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:

You have to accept the covid test result from before the flight and not test people once they get here.........

As a tourist i would not come because of the risk of failing the covid test once here......holiday ruined....gone. 

you could always do your own test before departure

• Like 1

This is my 1st time hearing about this site. It's not that I'm an oracle of knowledge, but if this was an established site Asean Now would have reported it sooner. It makes me very suspicious of the below claim. I think I would never use this site, unless respected members could advise otherwise.

"it has already processed more than 500,000,000 THB worth of transactions."

2 hours ago, it is what it is said:

close, but no cigar. keep trying thailand.

The hoops and paperwork to come and stay in Thailand can be daunting. The expensive insurance and PCR test is a deterrent for tourists coming from other southeast Asian countries like Malaysia or Vietnam. in some cases, it is even more expensive than the air ticket pre-covid. The PCR test on arrival and the mandatory stay in a hotel, has nothing to do with controlling the spread of Covid-19, however, it does have a lot to do with extracting money from foreigners whether it be tourists, business people or returning foreign residents. Of course this infantile process needs to be eliminated for good. There is a better chance of contracting Covid just by a visiting a 7-11!

Lastly, tourism will not rebound to any significant degree until Prayut assumes the responsibility to scrap all restrictions associated with tourism.  Continuing to leave regulations up to the Thai version of the CDC will result in the demise a large portion of the tourist industry, regardless of Chinese covid policies or Putin's war of aggression.

8 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

Whats stopping worried people such as yourself from doing a pre-flight PCR test? Not making it mandatory anymore shouldn't make a difference.

??? I am not worried......I would prefer to be found positive before flying and have the opportunity to rearrange my holidays rather than test positive when I get here and then it is too late.......????

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, Will B Good said:

??? I am not worried......I would prefer to be found positive before flying and have the opportunity to rearrange my holidays rather than test positive when I get here and then it is too late.......????

So again: what is stopping you from doing a preflight pcr test? As I said it shouldn't matter that it's not mandatory anymore in your case.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 12:15 AM, farangnomore said:

The world doesn't care about your T&G, sandbox and other BS acronyms for scams.  The earth does not revolve around Thailand.   Tons of other countries with just as (or more) beautiful beaches/weather/people and no scams to get in.

Yet here you are on forum designed specifically about Thailand.....  somewhat contradicting yourself !!

Strange that you are not on Tenerifenow, or Mexiconow.com.... 

These comments are so ridiculously out of balance, they need comment. 

On 3/30/2022 at 12:21 AM, BayArea said:
The hoops and paperwork to come and stay in Thailand can be daunting. 

The ‘hoops’ took me 10 mins to apply - Daunting for those who are not very computer literate perhaps. 

The expensive insurance and PCR test is a deterrent for tourists coming from other southeast Asian countries like Malaysia or Vietnam.

The insurance is no more expensive now than it was pre-covid. 

The issue is with those who want to visit Thailand and take a chance without any medical insurance (this has always been an issue, topic involving a gofundme campaign always have the same comments). 

in some cases, it is even more expensive than the air ticket pre-covid

And in some not. In my experience flights I’ve not noticed any difference in flights.

The PCR test on arrival and the mandatory stay in a hotel, has nothing to do with controlling the spread of Covid-19, however, it does have a lot to do with extracting money from foreigners whether it be tourists, business people or returning foreign residents.

Yawn.. more barstool bumf... Do you really think that they authorities are ‘running this scam’ thinking they can extract more money from foreigners than if they simply removed all restrictions ??? - Duh.. think a little !

And wrong... The MoPH is concerned about controlling the spread of ‘potential new and harmful’ variants from entering Thailand (I disagree with their policy, but thats what they have stated). 

Of course this infantile process needs to be eliminated for good. There is a better chance of contracting Covid just by a visiting a 7-11!

Agreed... but read above....

Lastly, tourism will not rebound to any significant degree until Prayut assumes the responsibility to scrap all restrictions associated with tourism. 

Agreed...  even the Thai’s know this. 

Continuing to leave regulations up to the Thai version of the CDC will result in the demise a large portion of the tourist industry, regardless of Chinese covid policies or Putin's war of aggression.

Agreed...  I suspect they are ’taking baby’ steps as a political measure - the public don’t like sudden change.  All restrictions likely to be removed by July - I think thats the road map anyway. 

On 3/31/2022 at 11:28 PM, AgentSmith said:

So again: what is stopping you from doing a preflight pcr test? As I said it shouldn't matter that it's not mandatory anymore in your case.

Nothing....pure genius.....just the risk of still testing positive through an enforced test on arrival.......wouldn't take the chance as a tourist.

On 4/4/2022 at 9:28 AM, Will B Good said:

Nothing....pure genius.....just the risk of still testing positive through an enforced test on arrival.......wouldn't take the chance as a tourist.

I totally get that. I have the same feeling which is why I haven't left Thailand for over 2 years. But it's also why scrapping the pre-flight pcr test doesn't make a difference to me.

• Like 1