Thai cabinet rejects same sex marriage bill, pending parliamentary review

webfact

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXcJNKHpXtHVEn4BJH89TCFslYRbN4fCymJAZD.jpg

The LGBTQ community in Thailand was dealt a serious setback today (Tuesday), when the cabinet rejected the Move Forward Party’s draft Marriage Equality Bill, which sought to legalise same-sex marriage in the country.

This, however, does not mean that the draft will be completely rejected, explained the non-profit Internet Law Reform Dialogue (iLaw), because it can still enter Parliament for a first reading.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Deputy Government Spokesperson Rachada Dhnadirek told the media, after the weekly cabinet meeting today, that the draft Marriage Equality Bill is similar to the government’s draft Civil Partnership Bill, which has already been approved by the cabinet.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-cabinet-rejects-same-sex-marriage-bill-pending-parliamentary-review/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-03-30

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 3

I think it is high time to rid ourselves of this stupid marriage idea....whether same sex or different sexes. Marriage is meaningless. All laws should be changed to reflect that there is no difference or privilege between married or single status.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Why do other people give a flying ........, what other people do in their private lives?

I don't think most people do give a flying ____.  It is those pushing for the legislation that have this insecurity on their decisions that they feel compelled to share their sexual proclivities with the world. 

I doubt that anyone in this world cares to know my sex life, and I am baffled as to why anyone would think that the vast majority of people care to hear about theirs. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I don't think most people do give a flying ____.  It is those pushing for the legislation that have this insecurity on their decisions that they feel compelled to share their sexual proclivities with the world. 

I doubt that anyone in this world cares to know my sex life, and I am baffled as to why anyone would think that the vast majority of people care to hear about theirs. 

This is not about sex, it's about marriage.

Two completely separate issues IME????

• Like 2