Bhumjaithai ‘should stop using marijuana policy to promote their party’ as it ‘confuses the public,’ former Democrat spokesman says

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Members from Bhumjaithai Party (BJT) should stop confusing the public

well there is no confusion in that photo - Anutin in his back garden which is 1000 rai lol

lets legalise the weed so I can own the market, that is not going to work if people are growing their own in a (pot) but I guess there is always the export market where Mr Anutin will very quickly become a person of interest in the drug export market around the world - oh but wait it is legal in Thailand we made it so - I have news for you Mr Anutin - you will be arrested in the west and your assets will be siezed - keep on dreaming Mr Anubung

• Haha 1

I haven't read up much on this, but I have the impression that this is a con trick by BJP using the confusion between marijuana or pot which is smoked for it's high THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) content that gets you high and which is massively illegal now and will remain so.

Cannabis products come from the cannabis sativa plants. The plants have either high concentrations of THC (the stuff that gets you high) or high concentrations of CBD (cannabidiol) which usually comes from plants high in CBD and low in THC and is known as hemp. Such plants used to be used to make rope and other products thousands of years ago.

So THC is illegal still and will remain so. CBD is slowly going through the process of becoming legal, but there are restrictions on growers such as the number of plants and the amount of THC (which should be under 2%) the plant contains. In typical Thai confusion created by the government we have a system where growing the wrong plant can put you in jail (like the two grandmas rescued by Anutin). I mean how do you know before you grow the plant how much THC it is likely to contain.

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

If it is legal it is legal and if not yet legal they can't talks about it too.. They breaking the law for illegal marijuana grow/use.... Ban the party for it because it is worse than media shares

They should stop using the word Marijuana false stop! and IMO stop using the word Cannabis, Marijuana is a completely different strain of HEMP  and only HEMP will be allowed if registered and sell the flowers to with no more than 0.2 THC that wouldn't get a fly high, you are left with leaves and stalks that are of no use to get high.