e-visa (first go at it) - UK Applicant for TR visa - some questions

https://thaievisa.go.th/applyindividual/

First thing to confirm, it is a Single entry TR visa for 60 days that is asked for. 

It seemed to be working fine, until section 4. If anyone can offer any insight to  Section 4 - supporting documents. Is the site showing the wrong template?

image.png.32c690043be31ee1034cd5e07913e950.png

Can't proceed as no file added to 8 or 9.!

"Required Document

(Please check relevant embassy/ consulate's website for specifically required documents)

• 1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months.
  • 2. Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months.
  • 3. Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full).
  • 4. Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)."

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84451-tourist-visa

For tourism and leisure activities

For Single Entry (stay up to 60 days) 

• A current passport with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages. Applicants must fill in online visa application with their given name(s) and surname as appear in their passports.
  • Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code
  • Travel booking confirmation
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand
  • Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

Compared with the actual page on the e-visa application

Q - "5" . "Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand" 

The accommodation room is maintained by someone in Thailand who receives occasional bank transfer and pays a holding amount for the room in cash.  will we need a email from the hotel? Currently uploaded the header from a previous payment receipt?

Q "8" & "9" how are these even relevant? what to upload?

1 . Biodata page of Passport or Travel Document 

Document-1.JPG
view-document-icon
2 . Photograph *taken within the last six months. If the photograph does not reflect your current appearance you may be refused to enter the Kingdom of Thailand 
Document-10.jpg
view-document-icon
3 . Declaration 
Document-3.jpg 
view-document-iconupload-document-icon
4 . Travel booking confirmation 
Document-9.JPG (e-ticket)
view-document-icon5 . Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand 
Document-54.jpg
6 . Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter 
Document-62.jpg (bank statement)
7 . Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.) 
Document-70.JPG  (Passport)
8 . A confirmation letter from employer, School, Self-assessment, Pension statement 
Drag and drop file or browse from computer
9 . Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport 
Drag and drop file or browse from computer
10 . Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip. 
Document-1394.jpg (Holding passport with blank pages, not travel last 12 months)
11 . Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency. 
Document-1395.jpg(Local authority council tax bill)
12 . Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport. 
(dad holding his photo page of passport open)

image.png.466eab988d5287739264ea8d975a9e5e.png

I looked at this also only yesterday and had the exact same questions as yourself... Pre covid Just went to London got 60 day TV (in good old days it was Hull, a breeze) well done Thailand for making access easy to spend money in the country

Hope someone can answer Op

• Like 1

For number 9, I thought of inserting a Tourist authority of Thailand logo? It just seems odd. Question 9 is what I would expect if I were applying to visit the wife.

This application  I'm doing, is for my Father who is 89, who up until 2019 went to Thailand 177 days a year (three trips) for about 2 decades.  firstly on tourist visas, getting two at a time, then on non-O ME (easiest to plan and book flights in advance)m and then back to Tourist visas in 2019 from Glasgow. Now this!  thought the application was working ok, but section 4 ????.  

Anyway will try and get some sort of booking slip from the accom. in Thailand, can do a pension letter perhaps, but No 9??

I can't see Dad using this system himself, thankfully I have a small home office set-up with scanners etc,

Hopefully someone will be along that has done a successful TR application, with this template..

• Like 1

I believe those 2 sections are activated by your selection earlier in the e-visa application under employment type and accommodation type.  I just finished the evisa last week and those 2 sections werent required on my application. I'm retired and provided a hotel reservation for my earlier sections. Not sure what you selected in those sections   you can go back and try editing those a see if those sections still show up. 

• Like 1

Here got the answers, basically its a generic form for both single entry & Multiple so Q8 & Q9 only apply to Multiple entry, Write a note stating does not apply for Single entry, sign /date & upload it, all covered here, this lady gives easy to follow good advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYSEuy9ipDE

Edited by Lokie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I experienced the same pain in the <deleted> palava last year - I bypassed everything with a simple 30 days visa exempt entry from the UK, which you can extend for a further 30 days within Thailand.

Due respect post is about a SETV giving min 60days with 30 day extension if required Visa exempt + extension just dont cut it (too short)

2 hours ago, Lokie said:

Due respect post is about a SETV giving min 60days with 30 day extension if required Visa exempt + extension just dont cut it (too short)

Due respect, i know what the post is about, just offered an alternative solution if having a headache with the application.

Visa exempt + extension + 60 day covid extension - Long enough for you ?

On 3/30/2022 at 9:11 PM, Lokie said:

Here got the answers, basically its a generic form for both single entry & Multiple so Q8 & Q9 only apply to Multiple entry, Write a note stating does not apply for Single entry, sign /date & upload it, all covered here, this lady gives easy to follow good advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYSEuy9ipDE

Just watched the entire video and i have more questions now than before. Letter from employer? Invitation ID? Bank statements? for a Tourist visa? Multiple or single entry, either case this makes no sense.

Actually, that list of requirements looks just as complicated as the one i did for my Multiple Non-O.

And good luck uploading 12 months travel history if you travel a lot.. I got as far as the front page. Visa still approved though????

Well, dad has not been anywhere in the last twelve months so at least that was simple.

(I remember applying for the son's UK passport via trendy in Bangkok, had to scan every page of one of his passports, took ages).

As far as the Visa exempt+Extension, interaction with immigration with possible stress is not part of the Trip Plan. The plan is always to have everything in place and known before leaving the UK.

MajorTom, the Multi-non O would be worthy of some effort, as at least that was  it done for the year (I only had two of those), as far as I know non-O still unavailable from UK since June 2019. But I havn't looked at that again on the current system. 

The next thing is trying to find Thailand pass $20k certified insurance, that covers the isolation in a Thai Hospital, even though not symptomatic. The AXA policy does, but does, but only up to 75years old, and Dad is 89. It looks like about 8K Baht for that, then he will have is UK based travel insurance that was circa 24000 THB in March 2020 (but cancelled along with one of the flights). 

Doing this for the first time on these new systems, is definitely not relaxing..

I will consult with the Youtube poster again as well....

Thanks for the responses.

21 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Well, dad has not been anywhere in the last twelve months so at least that was simple.

(I remember applying for the son's UK passport via trendy in Bangkok, had to scan every page of one of his passports, took ages).

As far as the Visa exempt+Extension, interaction with immigration with possible stress is not part of the Trip Plan. The plan is always to have everything in place and known before leaving the UK.

MajorTom, the Multi-non O would be worthy of some effort, as at least that was  it done for the year (I only had two of those), as far as I know non-O still unavailable from UK since June 2019. But I havn't looked at that again on the current system. 

The next thing is trying to find Thailand pass $20k certified insurance, that covers the isolation in a Thai Hospital, even though not symptomatic. The AXA policy does, but does, but only up to 75years old, and Dad is 89. It looks like about 8K Baht for that, then he will have is UK based travel insurance that was circa 24000 THB in March 2020 (but cancelled along with one of the flights). 

Doing this for the first time on these new systems, is definitely not relaxing..

I will consult with the Youtube poster again as well....

Thanks for the responses.

The young lady has a few vids on YT and makes it all clear, for peace of mind SETV is the way to go for your old man, as you said you know its done then. Any covid extensions could change at anytime in the near future so can not be relied on.

• Like 1

Just a quick update;-

Got through to payment / Submission of the TR SE application on the 3rd April, approved on the 4th April, I picked it up on the e-mail when I got up on the 5th April.

So no fear of the e-Visa system now, and a big thanks to e-visa/London Embassy for really quick processing.????

The Thailand pass, mmm,  don't really want to learn that, so as unfamiliar, we will get someone to do that, it may not be complicated, but hopefully TP will be discontinued by the next trip.  Or rather the next trip shall be most likely after it is discontinued ????. .

5 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Just a quick update;-

Got through to payment / Submission of the TR SE application on the 3rd April, approved on the 4th April, I picked it up on the e-mail when I got up on the 5th April.

So no fear of the e-Visa system now, and a big thanks to e-visa/London Embassy for really quick processing.????

The Thailand pass, mmm,  don't really want to learn that, so as unfamiliar, we will get someone to do that, it may not be complicated, but hopefully TP will be discontinued by the next trip.  Or rather the next trip shall be most likely after it is discontinued ????. .

Be useful if you share how you got past your sticking points that caused you to post originally...

How did you get past stage 8 + 9 ?

By uploading "not applicable screenshot" and they were fine with that ?

Who the frik who is not computer savvy or can think of that workaround will get past this shared requirement steps 8+9 of METV and SETV steps.

Maybe THAT is why millions are not coming..haha.

Thai IT numbskullery.