3BB ONT_GPON ROUTER

Negita43

I have just changed to 3BB and I have their ont-Gpon 6 router (HG8145X6)

I’ve changed the password and I ran a “weakness check” on my network and it came up with the answer that the SSH on port 22 was vulnerable to attack and advised to set a password (I assume for the SSH).

When I look at the LAN and WAN services I can see that it’s possible to de-activate the service (along with others) but I cannot figure out how you can change the port or set a password. I’m sure I’m overlooking something can anyone advise me how to do either of the above?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Zaphod said:

Best just to disable SSH. It's only used for remote access,  and you don't want anyone to have that capability. 

Exactly I don't want anyone access but I want  to have remote access when I am away

I don't have access to this router type right now, but I think this is baked into the ISPs custom firmware - it is on most of the AIS Fibre Huawei kit - and allows the ISP to remotely troubleshoot the CPE.

There is also an firmware update feature, but no clue how that works (FTP? SSH?).

Personally I'd ring 3BB, or search thai forums, for more options which satisfy your requirements?