Updated measures for entering the Kingdom of Thailand announced, starting April 1st

snoop1130

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Airlines already struggling to stay in business would not put extra obstacles in the way of getting customers back on board. The airlines simply enforce the arrival country's rules. They have nothing to gain from adding their own PCR test rules. 

Hopefully they're all on the ball enough to update their websites etc for Bangkok flights. I haven't checked

OK, let's hope so

• Like 1

Here's how the smart people do it.

In NZ you are told NOT to test having recovered from Covid for up to THREE MONTHS, as a PCR test will still return a (false) positive up to that time after full recovery. 

They even suggest recovered persons get an EXEMPTION letter from their Doctor to the effect that a Travel test is pointless, as they will falsely register infectious as the viral remnants stay in our bodies for up to three months. 

https://www.health.govt.nz/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-health-advice-public/covid-19-information-household-and-close-contacts

A lot of long since recovered tourists are going to be very <deleted> off on arrival I guess.

It's time Thailand got a one-sixteenth competent government before it completely implodes economically. 

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 9:28 AM, possum1931 said:

So you think that these generals, particularly the one who is posing as the PM are well educated enough from their Military Academy to run a country??

Prayut is not posing as the PM. He IS the PM. If you want to say that he is posing as a competent PM, that is another matter.

On 3/31/2022 at 5:49 PM, TheScience said:

So, nothing has changed.

I said it before. Thailand is utterly confusing it's hopeful tourist base to the point that the only sane thing to do is just wait a year or two unless you have family or are a desperate sex-pest.

This tells me that the people controlling the covid money machine simply can't let go. The nation be damned.

Sex pest? A judgemental, loaded term for a fun loving sensualist.  Such  views are usually held by smug puritans but im sure you are an open minded liberal funster. However,  Interestingly enough I have never heard Thais opining on sex pats or sex tourists because they know such people are generous big spenders who want fun which the Thais like. Of course sex tourists, as well as being repeat visitors, carry out many wealth producing activities and do exist outside of the sexual interaction. Wining and dining, clubbing and travelling and in general interacting with Thais on a more genuine human level than 'straight' hit and run tourists.  The perjorative term sex pest is neither or appropriate or accurate.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2022 at 5:49 PM, TheScience said:

So, nothing has changed.

I said it before. Thailand is utterly confusing it's hopeful tourist base to the point that the only sane thing to do is just wait a year or two unless you have family or are a desperate sex-pest.

This tells me that the people controlling the covid money machine simply can't let go. The nation be damned.

Sex-Pest agree they really are a creepy PEST!

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2022 at 11:51 AM, ukrules said:

It's far too much compared to plenty of other places.

Nobody will come and the rules will change, the only unknown is how long it will take for them to catch on.

Sorry to tell you I arrived on the 1st April, returning after 3 years and loosing my wife's Father some months ago, and not being able to get here I had a FULL flight and Hundreds of people with NO social distancing trying to find a Hotel Rep outside the arrivals area on level 2 at swampy. 

5 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Prayut is not posing as the PM. He IS the PM. If you want to say that he is posing as a competent PM, that is another matter.

Look at it anyway you want but he is running the country under false pretences. No need to go into how he got into office.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

Sorry to tell you I arrived on the 1st April, returning after 3 years and loosing my wife's Father some months ago, and not being able to get here I had a FULL flight and Hundreds of people with NO social distancing trying to find a Hotel Rep outside the arrivals area on level 2 at swampy. 

That is interesting, which airline did you fly in on?

9 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Look at it anyway you want but he is running the country under false pretences. No need to go into how he got into office.

There is only one way to look at it. Either he is the PM or he is not the PM. If he is not the PM, then who is?

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Sex pest? A judgemental, loaded term for a fun loving sensualist.  Such  views are usually held by smug puritans but im sure you are an open minded liberal funster. However,  Interestingly enough I have never heard Thais opining on sex pats or sex tourists because they know such people are generous big spenders who want fun which the Thais like. Of course sex tourists, as well as being repeat visitors, carry out many wealth producing activities and do exist outside of the sexual interaction. Wining and dining, clubbing and travelling and in general interacting with Thais on a more genuine human level than 'straight' hit and run tourists.  The perjorative term sex pest is neither or appropriate or accurate.

I think it is the prefect term as many tend to be drunken pests to the Thais.

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

I think it is the prefect term as many tend to be drunken pests to the Thais.

The farang is just mad someone is stating he is exploiting the standard of living in Thailand.  The farang doesn't realize the Thais would rather not participate in sex trafficking but only do so due to being from a poor family and not having much opportunity compared to a basic farang.

LMAO at him acting like he is providing such wealth to Thailand.  Definitely not the type of person I would want around children.  Weird guy.

• Like 1

Reported post with unsupported claims has been removed.

If you are going to make claims please support it with a credible source (link) as to where that information came from, otherwise its hearsay and as such will be removed.

On 4/2/2022 at 1:01 PM, chalawaan said:

Here's how the smart people do it.

In NZ you are told NOT to test having recovered from Covid for up to THREE MONTHS, as a PCR test will still return a (false) positive up to that time after full recovery. 

They even suggest recovered persons get an EXEMPTION letter from their Doctor to the effect that a Travel test is pointless, as they will falsely register infectious as the viral remnants stay in our bodies for up to three months. 

https://www.health.govt.nz/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-health-advice-public/covid-19-information-household-and-close-contacts

A lot of long since recovered tourists are going to be very <deleted> off on arrival I guess.

It's time Thailand got a one-sixteenth competent government before it completely implodes economically. 

I have a Covid Recovery Certificate and will see how it is received when I came back on 25th April.

I am hoping it will not be a problem as on the Thailand Pass application site it states it can be used.

Edited by mlkik

13 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

There is only one way to look at it. Either he is the PM or he is not the PM. If he is not the PM, then who is?

He is not because he was not voted in by the electorate, so as I said, he is only posing as a PM. That is my last word on this.

10 hours ago, mlkik said:

I have a Covid Recovery Certificate and will see how it is received when I came back on 25th April.

I am hoping it will not be a problem as on the Thailand Pass application site it states it can be used.

The Covid Recovery Certificate comes into play only if your PCR test on arrival is positive, in which case the certificate must not be older than 30 days.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Puccini said:

The Covid Recovery Certificate comes into play only if your PCR test on arrival is positive, in which case the certificate must not be older than 30 days.

Correction: The issue date of the Covid-19 Recovery Certificate is immaterial; it is the "first date of infection" that matters. An infographic issued by the Department of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs used on tp.consular.go.th but which is now outdated and no longer there used the following English text regarding the validity of the certificate:

If tested positive, a medical certificate indicating that your first date of infection is at least 14 days but no more than 90 days before your date of departure is required.

Source: https://assets.aseannow.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2022_04/16487777407613516411176011423200.jpg.3b2fdf65dde64b6396b84a15b642301f.jpg

Whether this still applies under the new rules that took effect on 1 April 2022, I do not know. I have not seen an English translation of them and for anyone interested, the Thai text as published in the Royal Gazette can be found here:

https://ratchakitcha2.soc.go.th/pdfdownload/?id=139D075S0000000004900 

• Sad 1

On 4/3/2022 at 6:20 PM, ukrules said:

That is interesting, which airline did you fly in on?

Finnair arrived @ 16:30, admittedly the crush was just outside door 8 which I believe is the only door your allowed out of.

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No need for sex  pests in Thailand. There's a wholesome healthy industry dedicated to meeting the needs of normal adults. Sexual repression is not  an issue here. Thankfully

You do mean the new and Improved Family destination of Pattaya, correct?

On 4/2/2022 at 1:31 AM, jacko45k said:

All as the highest number of infections ever in the UK persisted.....In England, around one in 13 people were likely to test positive for COVID last week, or 4.1 million people - up from one in 16, or 3.5 million people, in the week to 19 March.

Thailand does right insisting on a test on people coming from there!

How many people in Thailand would test positive if they test huge numbers? It’s endemic, live with it and move on, by the way I was in the hospital for something else and not busy and certainly not full of Covid cases! Check your news source and you might get a different perspective.

On 3/31/2022 at 7:29 PM, falang07 said:

And you apparently have not died so the question is why even bother to test and all this <deleted> around it.

It's extremely contagious and 10X more deadly than the flu, even with all the mitigating factors such as lockdowns, social distancing, sanitizers, testing, masks....

2 hours ago, LarrySR said:

It's extremely contagious and 10X more deadly than the flu, even with all the mitigating factors such as lockdowns, social distancing, sanitizers, testing, masks....

what is the absolute death rate for flu and covid?  Give me the percent by age group instead of saying "10x".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

what is the absolute death rate for flu and covid?  Give me the percent by age group instead of saying "10x".

In the USA, years past, as many as 1,150 people died weekly from respiratory viruses like flu.

Covid’s death toll remains about 10 times higher with 12,000 people succumbing to the virus some weeks.

As of April 10 the Covid deaths in the USA =1,012,131

Now you know.

LINK

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/07/us-far-from-normal-with-covid-deaths-10-times-higher-than-flu-rsv-report.html

Edited by LarrySR