Updated measures for entering the Kingdom of Thailand announced, starting April 1st

snoop1130

Maybe all this also ties into emergency decrees on assembly, etc.

When all covid restrictions lifted what might be the public health basis and legal argument for keeping these more or less extrajudicial laws in place ?

Hmmmmmmmm...

Can we surmise when the next government is firmly entrenched that all will return to normal? Possible.

Edited by TheScience

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I was pretty sick for 10 days.  Just before I cleared covid with a negative test I ended up with a sinus infection and now have an eye infection above the same impacted sinus.....worse than the nastiest flu I ever had, laid me up in bed for several days, had the breathing gotten worse then I would have taken myself to the hospital.  So you say I should not have tested and then just gone about my business and walked around infecting others, is that your plan.....

I think the plan is to stay home and take care of yourself. When you are feeling strong enough and we'll enough to rejoin society. Best for you and us. No different than if you were in US not only by common sense but that seems to be the CDC common dictate.

My two nieces, sil, mil, fil all had covid all entirely recovered. Nieces, sil enjoyed ten day hospitel. Dad was a bit more I'll in hospital. All well. Family made 500k of the enterprise. Best investment I'll ever make here.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BayArea said:

I'm in Danang right now.  Quite empty since they only re-opened 2 weeks ago.  It wasn't  exactly easy to get in but easier than Thailand because no quarantine.  I still needed to buy health insurance and get an Antigen test 24 hours before flying.  Had to show vax card, insurance, Covid test and E visa (I'm American) at the check in in BKK.  Before you could get in line for immigration in Saigon, you had to download an app and show the QR code to an officer before proceeding.  It was a bit of a bottleneck but they had a couple of ladies helping you to fill out the idiot form on your phone.  Took an extra 10-15 minutes and you could go stand on line and get stamped into the country.  Only one time did anyone ever ask to see my  QR code and that was when I went into the upscale Saigon Center mall.

Just now, TheScience said:

I think the plan is to stay home and take care of yourself. When you are feeling strong enough and we'll enough to rejoin society. Best for you and us. No different than if you were in US not only by common sense but that seems to be the CDC common dictate.

My two nieces, sil, mil, fil all had covid all entirely recovered. Nieces, sil enjoyed ten day hospitel. Dad was a bit more I'll in hospital. All well. Family made 500k of the enterprise. Best investment I'll ever make here.

Exactly what I did and always have done if feeling ill. 

13 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

Will they ever learn? Apparently not.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...the Thai government is insane. 

The soldiers in government with only a Military Academy education and an IQ as low as an ordinary Thai citizen, will never learn, they just haven't got the brains, you need well educated politicians to run a country, not a circus full of clowns and midgets from the army.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

Will they ever learn? Apparently not.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...the Thai government is insane. 

That's not the definition of insanity. 

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's far too much compared to plenty of other places.

Nobody will come and the rules will change, the only unknown is how long it will take for them to catch on.

I hate to tell you this but people are coming. I see them walking around the old city in Chiang Mai every day. Not in big numbers but they are here. Your statement that no one will come is so ill informed and clueless. 

Two weeks ago in Bangkok I stayed at a SHA hotel and there was a steady stream of folks coming in after their test to get their rooms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The quarantine period for Alternative Quarantine (AQ) will be reduced to 5 days for travelers who are not fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination is no longer required."

can anyone explain this part? If no need proof of vaccination who has to quarantine for 5 days?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, LukKrueng said:

"The quarantine period for Alternative Quarantine (AQ) will be reduced to 5 days for travelers who are not fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination is no longer required."

can anyone explain this part? If no need proof of vaccination who has to quarantine for 5 days?

Show your vaccinated and there is no need to stay in an AQ.   Do not show your vaccinated or show you are only partially vaccinated then it is a 5 day stay in AQ, simple really.

• Like 1

Just now, thasoss said:

then how come after being double vaxxed you ended up being so poorly

Vaccines do not keep you from being infected, they just reduce the severity.  As a diabetic with an immunocompromised system had I not been vaccinated, I would have suffered more severely etc....Stop with the misinformation and conspiracy drivel.  You have bought into the BS spouted by false prophets.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Many replies seem worried about tourists not coming. I don't want tourists yet, unless they have been quarantined and tested and vaccinated. There is enough Covid here, don't want any more strains. 

Tourist are already coming, as Thailand is so much better than Vietnam,  Cambodia and other neighbours. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Many replies seem worried about tourists not coming. I don't want tourists yet, unless they have been quarantined and tested and vaccinated. There is enough Covid here, don't want any more strains. 

Tourist are already coming, as Thailand is so much better than Vietnam,  Cambodia and other neighbours. 

Better in what way?  Quality of life, or the way they spin the Covid case count.....

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, clokwise said:

These idiotic changes won't affect the scam my wife and I fell into earlier this week. We just returned to Thailand and passed our PCR tests overseas, but on arrival in BKK my wife "failed" her test and was told she had "dead covid" in the test results (she had had COVID in August last year) , therefore she must be locked up for 10 days. We said fine whatever, we'll just fly home to Chiang Mai and she can stay at home there. They said, no, we must accompany her to her home, and since she doesn't live in BKK she must stay in the hotel for another 10 days. Oddly, I was free to go, however. After some lengthy and heated conversations, were were allowed to leave because the hotel booking was in my name, not my wife's name, therefore she was technically never staying there - we were advised to not talk publicly about her "early release" LOL. I'm not a conspiracy kinda person, but I really wonder what kind of scam they are trying to pull.

Unbelievable, you got out early and are still moaning. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, mania said:

After they win the next fixed election

Till then all these things will remain to keep protesters/students etc off the streets

IMO. I believe that the protesters/students are the main reason the poorly educated soldiers will not open up the country like Cambodia and The Philippines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dutchweller said:

So won't be on my list of places to got to..

It will get a better quality of tourist, ie the ones that like it here. What's so bad about taking a covid test on arrival and one night in a hotel ? 

I bet you will come. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, champers said:

Comparing Covid deaths in my home country (UK) to here, I would say that Thailand have done a far better job.

The majority of UK deaths was at the beginning of the pandemic when there was no vaxxes and no medical understanding of what treatment would save lives. In contrast, for whatever reason, Thailand had managed to restrict the number of foreigners entering the country - or had simply not counted or released the death numbers.

Which brings us to the current situation where the UK are opening up while Thailand isn't.

So it's like comparing apples with pears, both are fruits but not the same.

1 minute ago, thasoss said:

73 , I do take BP meds,and smoke like a trooper,some weed too.I put a mask on when in close proximity to other folks.

Thanks, interesting you are in the high risk group but weren't very sick. 

How do you think you caught it? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thasoss said:

then they are n't really vaccines in the true sense of the word,thankfully people still have a choice.

Not true, they are indeed real vaccines. No vaccine has ever been 100% for any  disease and many also require 2 or 3 doses

• Thanks 1