Updated measures for entering the Kingdom of Thailand announced, starting April 1st

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

IMO. I believe that the protesters/students are the main reason the poorly educated soldiers will not open up the country like Cambodia and The Philippines.

What has the laws fir people entering the country for to do with protesters in country? 

The current government is as well educated as others, I can't see why you think they  are uneducated, many are very well educated. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

What is the purpose of the PCR test?  It does not protect the passengers, it does not seem to protect Thailand except for a small minority of edge cases.  Meanwhile, the uncertainty these tests add definitely does put me off from leaving California in the Springtime to visit Bangkok and Phuket in the hot rainy seasons and clearly I'm not alone.  So who is benefitting here?  The same people that profited from the submarines?  

Do I need a pcr test to enter california? 

If I do, it certainly won't stop me from going. 

I don't understand, some people just like to moan, methinks. 

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks, interesting you are in the high risk group but weren't very sick. 

How do you think you caught it? 

I live in a large village,everyone it seems has omicron here.2 weeks ago I put on a party and later on the ladies decided to join a street party,banging of gongs,temple money tree etc.5 days later they came down with symptoms,including my lady.And 5 days after, I  started showing same symptoms....fever,cough,sore throat and general fatigue.I took anti biotics for the sore throat which worked out ok.paracetamol fixed the fever after 24 hours....now just left with a cough.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do I need a pcr test to enter california? 

If I do, it certainly won't stop me from going. 

I don't understand, some people just like to moan, methinks. 

How about if you had to take the test in the airport, and if you failed to pass, you were hospitalized at a hospital of the government's choosing for an unclear amount of time in the middle of a vacation?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

How about if you had to take the test in the airport, and if you failed to pass, you were hospitalized at a hospital of the government's choosing for an unclear amount of time in the middle of a vacation?  

If I thought I had covid, I wouldn't travel. 

If I was found to have covid, I'd be OK with getting hospitalzed for a few days. 

Middle of vacation? Isn't it at the start? 

5 minutes ago, thasoss said:

I live in a large village,everyone it seems has omicron here.2 weeks ago I put on a party and later on the ladies decided to join a street party,banging of gongs,temple money tree etc.5 days later they came down with symptoms,including my lady.And 5 days after, I  started showing same symptoms....fever,cough,sore throat and general fatigue.I took anti biotics for the sore throat which worked out ok.paracetamol fixed the fever after 24 hours....now just left with a cough.

Good opportunity to quit smoking ????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not true, they are indeed real vaccines. No vaccine has ever been 100% for any  disease and many also require 2 or 3 doses

I dont remember having to go back time and again for polio,smallpox,german measles etc...1 jab was all that was necessary and stop quoting reuters...their CEO just happens to sit on the board of director at Pfizer and has a vested interest.

• Like 1

Can somebody please advise. I know a person needs Covid insurance for entry into Thailand. Is ordinary travel insurance also required?  I am over 75 years of age and I find it difficult to obtain travel insurance. I would be on a 30 day tourist visa. 

1 minute ago, Jack Hammer said:

Can somebody please advise. I know a person needs Covid insurance for entry into Thailand. Is ordinary travel insurance also required?  I am over 75 years of age and I find it difficult to obtain travel insurance. I would be on a 30 day tourist visa. 

Only if arriving on a type of Visa that obligates medical insurance. An O-A, or O-X is an example. 

1 minute ago, thasoss said:

Seriously why would I bother with a flu jab?...I said in my original reply "that's what we have an immune system for"..

Yet "polio,smallpox,german measles" concerns you enough to get vaccinated....you have an immune system do you not!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thasoss said:

I dont remember having to go back time and again for polio,smallpox,german measles etc...1 jab was all that was necessary and stop quoting reuters...their CEO just happens to sit on the board of director at Pfizer and has a vested interest.

There were indeed boosters and still are CDC recommendations in the US. Perhaps a memory booster would be in order 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, thasoss said:

Not many people remember things from when they were a baby or toddler...........................by the way. I never quoted Reuters in any post

CDC recommends that children get four doses of polio vaccine. They should get one dose at each of the following ages: 2 months old, 4 months old, 6 through 18 months old, and 4 through 6 years old.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/polio/public/index.html#:~:text=CDC recommends that children get four doses of polio vaccine,4 through 6 years old.

CDC recommends children get two doses of MMR vaccine

https://www.cdc.gov/rubella/vaccination.html#:~:text=CDC recommends children get two,through 6 years of age.

Smallpox is administered subcutaneously as two doses separated by 4 weeks (one dose at week 0 and a second dose at week 4) for primary vaccinees (individuals who have never been vaccinated against smallpox or do not recall receiving a smallpox vaccination in the past).

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/clinicians/vaccines.html#:~:text=Unlike ACAM2000® and APSV%2C JYNNEOSTM is administered subcutaneously,smallpox vaccination in the past).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Yet "polio,smallpox,german measles" concerns you enough to get vaccinated....you have an immune system do you not!

Am thinking I would have been in the 5-10 year old age bracket at the time,I'm now 73,never had any of the above mentioned ailments,so those vaccines(unlike covid)did the trick,a 1 time jab.

1 minute ago, thasoss said:

Am thinking I would have been in the 5-10 year old age bracket at the time,I'm now 73,never had any of the above mentioned ailments,so those vaccines(unlike covid)did the trick,a 1 time jab.

Hope you do not get the Shingles which is the adult version of Chicken Pox.....

5 minutes ago, thasoss said:

Your thinking is not factual however

7 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Maybe they complain because they removed a restriction that makes zero difference to a holidaymaker who wants to go to Thailand. 

You do realise that as long as they test arriving tourists, tourists won't come, and all those people who rely on tourism continue to suffer? Entire towns remain ghost towns.

That's why I complain. 

If the majority of the Thai population are not concerned about foreign tourists why should it bother you.

What makes you think those that used to work in the ghost towns are not living and working somewhere else. Our nearest village has doubled in size since the pandemic started, new filling stations, car showrooms, supermarkets etc etc.

it will make absolutely no difference!! The same ridiculous rules of forcing passengers to pay for a night just to get results is absurd. What is the aim ? to force out more money from those who get a 2 day flu? so they get quarantine and  fork out 100,000 thb for 5 nights in the hospital? no thank you!! there are plenty other options to spend my money!!

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your thinking is not factual however

too long ago to remember if boosters were given. Quoting the CDC is hardly a good recommendation for making a decision regarding to be vaxxed or not.They sing from the same hymn sheet as WHO.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, razino said:

Malaysia - Singapore border open today at midnight, no covid test, no need insurance, but must be fully vaccinated.... vehicle can cross too .... 

Which im sure is great if you live in Malayasia or Singapore and omly intend on travel between the 2. Great news.

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Protecting the passengers is surely the responsibility of the airline.  Local government and the people believe it protects Thailand..... , do you have a better way to prevent Covid coming in other than zero tourists? With new infections in Thailand at an all time high, locals would be quite perplexed at any easing of entry requirements. Thais still take Covid seriously, fear it even. 

You can reduce tourists to zero and covid is still going to rampage through Thailand unabated. There is talk of declaring CoVid endemic.  So if it's going to be endemic or already is, then why are we trying to stop it?  Makes no sense to me.  I understand not wanting to get sick but this does not do that for anyone.  More people are getting sick in Thailand from people already in Thailand than from people entering, am I correct?  If so, what are we doing here?  I don't have those numbers by the way and would like to know them.  Seems to me intuitively obvious. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thasoss said:

When I joined the RAF in 1964 I had to have them all over again irrespective. We were then notified after the appropriate time for each vaccine to go to sick quarters for renewal. If I remember right, yellow fever was the longest at 10 years.