Thai eVisa Supporting Documents for Non-O Application based on marriage

Just going through the Thai eVisa application process for a new non O visa single entry application based on marriage under my renewed UK passport from London and it is asking for a residence permit in the country of application as being mandatory even though I am a UK citizen. The exact wording is "Residence permit in a country in which visa application is submitted (In case that applicant is not a national of the country in which visa application is submitted.)". It doesn't let me submit my application without it.

Anyone else encounter this and if so what supporting document did you provide (another reupload of your passport or anything else?)? Really strange question.

On the same subject, is there a prescribed template anyone has used when getting a spouse letter is written for supporting documentation and accommodation invitation letter from friends/family? This is for the "Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand" and "The letter from your spouse indicated that you both are still married and he/she acknowledges of your visit." requirements.

I applied from Ireland as a British passport holder but as we own a house in Ireland I now have an Irish driving license that has photo and shows my Irish address and they accepted this as residency. For the letter of invite I did not require this as I own my apartment in Bangkok but I did include a copy if title deed/blue book so perhaps your girlfriend could write a letter stating she is the owner/renter of your accommodation inviting you to stay and attach either the title deed/yellow book or the contract rental agreement in her name.

14 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Similar situation on a recent Non Imm OA E-Visa application.  I uploaded my passport data page to prove that i am entitled to apply for the Visa in the USA.  This worked in my case.

In late 2020, that is also what I supplied to the London embassy - copy of my UK passport page.

21 hours ago, mezpow said:

Anyone else encounter this and if so what supporting document did you provide (another reupload of your passport or anything else?)? Really strange question.

I did another re-upload of my passport. Worked fine. This was a few weeks ago.

As for "letter from spouse":

"To Royal Thai embassy in xxxxx. I confirm I am married to xxxxx and support his visa application" Signed with place/date. That's all.

For proof of accommodation i uploaded my wife's house book.

Hi, 

As a UK national, you don’t have to provide a residence permit but a prove of your residence inside your kingdom. An electric or telephone bill is enough.
As for the garantie letter from your spouse, there’s no templates but a simple signed letter from her stating that you’re still married and that she supports your visa application is enough.  For the proof of the residence in Thailand, copy of her house  book (Tabien baan) or yellow book is acceptable. 

I provided these documents and got the visa within 10 days in France. 

19 minutes ago, DomiCollins said:

As a UK national, you don’t have to provide a residence permit but a prove of your residence inside your kingdom. An electric or telephone bill is enough.

I don't think that's necessary. If you have a UK passport you should not need to prove address or residence in that country.

Hence: "Residence permit in a country in which visa application is submitted (In case that applicant is not a national of the country in which visa application is submitted.)"

What can be a bit confusing is that the Thai e-visa websites list of documents required seems to be a bit generic. You will still need to upload something under that "residence" post.

1 hour ago, MajorTom said:

I don't think that's necessary. If you have a UK passport you should not need to prove address or residence in that country.

Correct, you don't.

That only applies if say you are in the UK and present a passport from a different country to have the Visa linked to.