UK Passport Full - Can I Extend Visa?

Thoughts ?

Don't think about it or talk about it or ask about it , get down to BKK VFS ASAP and try and get a new PP . 

Had you applied for a new PP today, you may have had the time to receive a new PP and get an extension , and now you will lose three days if you apply on Monday , 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thoughts ?

Don't think about it or talk about it or ask about it , get down to BKK VFS ASAP and try and get a new PP . 

Had you applied for a new PP today, you may have had the time to receive a new PP and get an extension , and now you will lose three days if you apply on Monday , 

With VFS is it possible to obtain emergency service?

I know with applying for Oz pp at embassy you can pay an extra fee for a rush job..

Edit: my post is incorrect.

I was thinking of "emergency pp" .....yes possible but I don't think immigration are happy to put extension stamps in emergency passport.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Really!? I do not want to bash on you, but for Chrissake! You know that your passport is 100 % full. You know that you need extension to stay. You are also aware of that they put stamps or stickers in passports for visa, or on entry as well as together with extension.

Why have you not applied for a new passport? Is there any reason, or are you just shooting yourself in the foot for fun? ????

I understand that it might be fun to go home and visit friends. However, that is an expensive thing if you do not need. Maybe money is no problem, and then you can go for that option. 

In all other cases, apply for a new passport, as quick as you can. You might get it in time. Depending on what visa you entered the country with, it might be ok with a temporary emergency passport if your country issue such.

Apply for passport, if getting close and you see it´s not coming in time. Depending on where you are, it might be wise to inform immigration about that it will take a week more and you will pay the overstay. Some are nice to you, while others not. That´s a kind of gamble, though.

As I read, it seems like you do not worry too much about your situation as it looks you have options. Wish you luck and hope everything turns out good for your. ???? 

The OP is bollocksed.

VfS do not provide an 'express service' and the processing time is down to UKPO in Liverpool.

The passport is 100% full so Immigration cannot help.

He cannot fly out on that passport unless an IO can squeeze in a departure stamp. Assuming that there is no reentry permit any existing extension would be lost.

The lesser of the available evils would seem to be as Mac Mickmanus suggested - get down to VfS asap, get the renewal underway and take it on the chin for the costs of overstay and arranging a new extension.

OP, have you carefully checked your pp.

I fly often and just now checked my pp.

Yes most pages are full, up to 4 pairs of exit and enter stamps.

However there are few as per pics attached. 

A helpful io could maybe squeeze in extension. 

Just a thought as not many options.

IMG_20220402_073051_524.jpgIMG_20220402_073113_282.jpg

Express service has been suspended by VFS a friend applied for his Uk passport  in Jan took 7 weeks.

They are saying 11 weeks on the HMPO website ( Even UK based nationals are having renewal problems apparently)

An emergency document can be applied for ( Due to expired passport whilst abroad)

(BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO HAVE AN INTERVIEW IF ITS TO STAY IN THAILAND RATHER THAN TRAVEL ) 

The above was successful last year for an expat i know stating the reason for the temporary passport being stipulated in the new passport so as to show the immigration pending a extension of stay. ( If memory serves me right he used the Covid excuse and backlog )

Anyhow it worked to my surprise .

( There is a  walk in service at VFS around 1500 b in think)

HOPE THIS HELPS

Good luck

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sharp said:

(BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO HAVE AN INTERVIEW IF ITS TO STAY IN THAILAND RATHER THAN TRAVEL )

First up excellent post.

I mentioned emergency pp earlier, however then vaguely recall that immigration do not like to place extension stamps in emergency pp? 

That could be incorrect. 

Edited by DrJack54