Lawyer or Agency to register a Marriage in Bangkok and crazy quotes.

Eaglekott

On 4/4/2022 at 8:00 PM, Photoguy21 said:

Have the ceremony first then go to your local Ampur who will ask if you have had the ceremony. Assuming you say you have had it they will issue a marriage certificate

??????????????

I never had a ceremony before or after the legal part. It's not necessary. Perhaps that ampur was making up their own rules.

On 4/5/2022 at 10:05 PM, MikeyIdea said:

Marriage doesn't need a lawyer but you should bring an interpretor (so that you don't sign any other papers "by mistake"). Doesn't have to be much, but must be someone that ONLY YOU know. The to-be wife should meet the interpretor the first time 1-2 hours before going to the amphur.  

If one doesn't trust the wife to be, should one even be marrying her?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

??????????????

I never had a ceremony before or after the legal part. It's not necessary. Perhaps that ampur was making up their own rules.

They ask if you have had the religious ceremony or at least they did for us and also for friends of ours

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have to ask, how many times have you got Married here in Thailand? Your statement make it sound like many.

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:42 PM, Photoguy21 said:

They ask if you have had the religious ceremony or at least they did for us and also for friends of ours

I wasn't asked. No reason to do so as any religious ceremony is nothing to do with being legally married in Thailand. Only the amphur is relevant to being legally married.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 3:00 PM, Photoguy21 said:

Have the ceremony first then go to your local Ampur who will ask if you have had the ceremony. Assuming you say you have had it they will issue a marriage certificate

Ask them what documents they require and their fees will probably be in the hundreds, not tens of thousands.