Recommend health insurance required for Thailand Pass?

So far the best price I've found is the Luma Asean Pass. About 3600 Baht for someone 53, duration 2 months. Last time I bought AXA but now they are charging about 4,500 baht for just 2 months, when it was 3500 for 3 months before.

I'm assuming that USD 20,000 health insurance is the only insurance that is required.

I have had three COVID vaccinations and will be getting a 4th in about 2 months.  The chances of me contracting COVID at all are very small and hospitalization is virtually never necessary. 

The recommended policies noted above are NOT available to people over 74.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Balance said:

I have had three COVID vaccinations and will be getting a 4th in about 2 months.  The chances of me contracting COVID at all are very small and hospitalization is virtually never necessary. 

The recommended policies noted above are NOT available to people over 74.

There is supposed to be policies for ages up to 99, so what if you are 80, have underlying medical issues, I believe that would apply to the biggest majority of people in that age group.

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
political comment removed

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

People with u underlying medical conditions can also often get travel policies. Some will even cover acute exacerbations of existing chronic conditions. 

Wow, really? I didn't know it. I thought pre-existing to be hardly covered and very expensive premium in any case.

So maybe there is a travel insurance covering my pre-existing heart condition (1 stent)?

I'm from EU, near 60 yo.

7 hours ago, pub2022 said:

Wow, really? I didn't know it. I thought pre-existing to be hardly covered and very expensive premium in any case.

So maybe there is a travel insurance covering my pre-existing heart condition (1 stent)?

I'm from EU, near 60 yo.

Yes there might be. But only for acute exacerbation. Note that travel  insurance covers only emergent care and that the insurer has the option of requiring you to obtain care in your home country rather than paying for you to get it in Thailand (if necessary they will pay added travel costs for this e.g. upgrade to Business class if medically  necessary -- you are assumed to already have a return flight ticket and health care cover in your home country). This is why travel policies cost less than general health insurance, and also why not a good substitute for it.

• Like 1

I don't think that any of the "covid" insurance plans cover anything but covid.  The issue is that covid does not kill you; in is not the cause of your death.  pneumonia, kidney failure, liver failure, among others are the causes of death.  So what happens if you die of pneumonia, and you had asthma, an underlying condition?  Three guesses and the first two don't count. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 10:15 AM, ubonjoe said:

Check the ones here that is shown on the Thailand Pass site. https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html

The website says that insurance cover is required for the entire duration of your stay in Thailand. Yet it seems that in practice those coming in with a reentry permit, with many months still valid, can get away with cover for 30 days.

This dichotomy needs to be resolved.  Having rules saying one thing and practice saying something else might be OK for a short while, but not for the long term. Any sudden move by authorities to enforce the rule could cause a lot of people problems.

25 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

The website says that insurance cover is required for the entire duration of your stay in Thailand. Yet it seems that in practice those coming in with a reentry permit, with many months still valid, can get away with cover for 30 days.

It depends upon where you read the info. Some say required and others state it should cover your length of stay.

The FAQ's on this site does not mention how long the insurance must be valid for.

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

• Thanks 1