Wife needs to join when picking up marriage extension/visa?

Hey

Your wife needs to be with you when you apply for the 1 year extension based on marriage. But, does she need to join you when you go back to get the extension stamped in your passport? 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

Even better idea have your wife go to immigration on your behalf

Quite. Immigration specifically told my wife I didn't need to go back and she should come and pick up the passport.

Not sure if it is a temporary age/covid thing.

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Not sure if it is a temporary age/covid thing.

I think there is a well know fella in forum that once had his daughter pick it up. 

Dont quote me on that. 

But seriously think this is sensible especially if age/mobility comes into it. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I think there is a well know fella in forum that once had his daughter pick it up. 

Dont quote me on that. 

But seriously think this is sensible especially if age/mobility comes into it. 

At Sri Ratcha they are quite covid conscious, everyone has to wait outside and you are called in by ticket number. Once inside only my wife went to the desk, I had to sit at the back on my own. The only time I had to go to the desk was to have my photo taken, my wife brought the forms for me to sign and get the money.

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Only fly in the ointment might be if you want a multiple entry visa???

You cannot apply for a multiple entry visa at immigration.

I assume you mean a re-entry permit that you can apply for at immigration. It can be a single or multiple re-entry permit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot apply for a multiple entry visa at immigration.

I assume you mean a re-entry permit that you can apply for at immigration. It can be a single or multiple re-entry permit.

I did indeed......thank you....

3 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

No to collect the passport with visa I have never been there to collect it. I do my application through a visa company who are very good. I get a multiple entry visa at the same time.

I think you mean a multiple re-entry permit.

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Is it easy to do at the airport? I always go for the multiple one at immigration.

I deal with CW and the process would be to obtain new que ticket for reentry permit AFTER obtaining annual extension. 

This thread is about returning for stamp, so yes makes sense to obtain reentry permit at immigration

However it's so simple at the airports I obtain them there. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sandyf said:

At Sri Ratcha they are quite covid conscious, everyone has to wait outside and you are called in by ticket number. Once inside only my wife went to the desk, I had to sit at the back on my own. The only time I had to go to the desk was to have my photo taken, my wife brought the forms for me to sign and get the money.

Eehh...uuuhh??? Do you always let people do how they want with you? It´s your extension, it´s your passport and your money.

57 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Eehh...uuuhh??? Do you always let people do how they want with you? It´s your extension, it´s your passport and your money.

Strong words from the lounge room.

I'm guessing that the fella you quoted was comfortable with the process at the very least he didn't seem putout.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Strong words from the lounge room.

I'm guessing that the fella you quoted was comfortable with the process at the very least he didn't seem putout.

So, what was strong words? According to me they were true. Also it was my opinion, and my question to the OP.

Just another question. How did you know I was in the lounge room? Are you spying on me?

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Also it was my opinion, and my question to the OP.

Wasn't the OP you quoted.

In any event the OP had his answer first post. ....Yes he can send wife. 

I do agree that sometimes imm can be rude. 

I've been lucky dealing with CW.

Always pleasant. 

As the original question seems to have been resolved, I thought I would piggy back on this thread with another question about marriage extensions.

(I hope my fan boys who like to call me out for being off topic won't get too incensed!)

I converted to a marriage extension last year and the next extension is nearly due. Do I need to supply all the same proofs as last year, particularly regarding fresh photos of the two of us posing around the house and in front of the letterbox? Not being a millennial influencer I'm not in the habit of taking selfies all the time - in fact, not at all.  If new ones are required it will need a forced photo session.

Would a rehash of old pics, the presence of the girlie, and a bit of paper from the district office attesting to non-divorce, suffice?.

16 hours ago, sandyf said:

This is about picking up your extension when it has been granted, not when applying.

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I converted to a marriage extension last year and the next extension is nearly due. Do I need to supply all the same proofs as last year, particularly regarding fresh photos of the two of us posing around the house and in front of the letterbox? Not being a millennial influencer I'm not in the habit of taking selfies all the time - in fact, not at all.  If new ones are required it will need a forced photo session.

Everything will be the same. Photos and all the supporting documents.

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

As the original question seems to have been resolved, I thought I would piggy back on this thread with another question about marriage extensions.

(I hope my fan boys who like to call me out for being off topic won't get too incensed!)

Would a rehash of old pics, the presence of the girlie, and a bit of paper from the district office attesting to non-divorce, suffice?.

I would take new photos, we get a friend to take those forced photos, last year when we gave in the photos the officer said "Oh you have new fridge'' eagle eyed they are.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

I would take new photos, we get a friend to take those forced photos, last year when we gave in the photos the officer said "Oh you have new fridge'' eagle eyed they are.

Thanks for answering the question. I thought that would probably be the case. One ludicrous photo session upcoming.

16 hours ago, sandyf said:

Meaning, quite correctly, that your Wife CANNOT have Covid, but you CAN.   LOL

21 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Everyone that wants the extension stamp put in their passport does what immigration requires, you included.

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

This is about picking up your extension when it has been granted, not when applying.

Try reading the thread before making out of context comments, I had already posted regarding the OP..

The post you quoted was a response to the poster that made this comment.

"But seriously think this is sensible especially if age/mobility comes into it."