Bangkok Bank Profiteering from Ukraine War?

I doubt this is the Bangkok Bank position on freaky sanctions. Rather some girl/agent/manager found the way to reap hefty commissions by selling insurance. And account at the Bank is the side dish. Good for her. 

Thailand didn't join the anti-Russia's sanctions, however Tony "the coce-head" Blinken were cruising in Asia to sow some of his <deleted> to locals against Russia and (Ooopsie!) China. 

26 minutes ago, Whale said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There are no Russian sanctions imposed by Thailand.  Don't see what a Chinese subsidiary of Bangkok Bank Ltd, Thailand has to do with it.

But SWIFT cannot be used so if you are in China you have full access to CIPS. 

This thread is about Bangkok Bank and Russian financial transactions, not China.    SWIFT has only sanctioned seven Russian banks, so far, not all of them.

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

This thread is about Bangkok Bank and Russian financial transactions, not China.    SWIFT has only sanctioned seven Russian banks, so far, not all of them.

Forget it, if you did not get my point you did not get, I can't help you anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the other hand russians should be happy they could get a bank account at all. By the way this is policy of most thai banks to push that useless expensive insurance. But most of them will refuse even to open any account if you are on tourist visa. It is better to go to  agents as they charge 5000 baht  for asistance with bank account which is better. I still wonder russians cry about not working cards, airplanes, but still keep coming to Thailand, after applying for extentions to stay

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Side note, nothing wrong with child labor, as I worked from age 10.  Builds character.

Maybe for you, for others not so much.

A statistical sample of one proves nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

My understanding is that SWIFT transfers are totally blocked internationally but only to SOME Russian banks. So I'm not aware of any reason why any Thai bank couldn't do a SWIFT transfer to the still not blocked Russian banks (if they wanted to). There may be other workarounds. Additional (or all) Russian banks might eventually be added to the no SWIFT list. 

There are over 300 banks in Russia, for the most part, the top 5 have most of the banking business, those are the sanctioned banks, not all of them. Not having access to the SWIFT transfer messaging system, makes international transfers cumbersome for the rest.

Of course they will be, look at the list of people who are profiteering from the Cvirus. I don't think I need to name them.

The people who are doing the profiteering before the Cvirus are much the same who are getting much more profit now.

The Cvirus and the war, anything to make these capitalists richer. They have no shame. I hope karma gets these people and they rot in hell.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Whale said:
On 4/7/2022 at 11:49 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Forget it, if you did not get my point you did not get, I can't help you anymore.

You can't help me "anymore"?   You haven't been able to "help me" at all!