Bar owners are finding it hard to recruit Thai girls

webfact

25 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Just because you think its wrong definitely doesn't mean squat.

Prostitution, the oldest profession in the world, should be legalized worldwide.

Conservative righteousnos should be outlawed IMOP.

Would you like your Daughter to get a job as a prostitute ?

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

a % if the girls have a choice and opt for working sex as it's easier than factory or others jobs. Some can't earn money in other ways, but at least they can feed their family. Should be legalised and treated like any other job then maybe the stigma might go

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Would you want your son to be a priest?

That would be the worst.

Ugh.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

a % if the girls have a choice and opt for working sex as it's easier than factory or others jobs. Some can't earn money in other ways, but at least they can feed their family. Should be legalised and treated like any other job then maybe the stigma might go

Yes, there are the lower end of society who either have to sell sex or buy sex and its currently quite legal as necessary and there should be shops like 7/11 where girls work for 400 Baht a day and you can go and have sex with them for an agreed amount . 

Like buying dinner or a shirt or something   

On 4/23/2022 at 4:19 PM, CG1 Blue said:

What you've described throughout this discussion is a life where women/girls have practically thrown themselves at you since you were 15, and because of this you're (naturally) less inclined to chase women or pay for them. 

I don't think that can be called a different school of thought. It's more about your good fortune. 

It's a bit like someone who was born into money saying their penchant for buying Ferraris and Rolex's is just because they have good taste. 

P.S. I'm now also wondering if the bar owners are struggling to find bar girls because all the bar girls are lining up outside your place? ????

I appreciate the humour, but it's really about standards.

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

At 18 she can decide for herself or is it 20 here in Thailand? 

Parents of adult children can only be supportive and give advice when asked

quote-out-of-the-frying-pan-into-the-fire-what-is-marriage-but-prostitution-to-one-man-instead-angela-carter-43-35-29.jpg

On 4/29/2022 at 4:24 AM, Skallywag said:

At 18 she can decide for herself or is it 20 here in Thailand? 

Parents of adult children can only be supportive and give advice when asked

Difficult to decide against going into prostitution when your parents are pushing you towards it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 10:21 PM, Lacessit said:

You may be right. Having said that, the online method has a fair bit of photoshopping and misrepresentation going on, by both girls and clients. Therefore, I think there will still be a demand for the bar scene, where a realistic assessment can be made, although perhaps not to the same degree.

The online method has no appeal to me, I like a bit of company and a few drinks for an enjoyable night out, not a dial a girl service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmac said:

The online method has no appeal to me, I like a bit of company and a few drinks for an enjoyable night out, not a dial a girl service.

Fair enough - some guys want a "girlfriend experience" but many just want the sex with a young and visually exciting girl (or T-girl!).

My view? You don't pay a prostitute for the sex, you pay for the walking away afterwards. Having said that, a few have almost got their talons in to me - I'm trying to distance myself from one at the moment.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 7:58 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I ran into a Thai lady I know in a bar in Pattaya. She had her 16 year old daughter with her to have some drinks. Apparently, she went to that particular bar because they let her daughter drink.

Why take her daughter to a bar? To learn the ropes, so if she needed money down the road, she could work bar. Plus, she could support Mom in her old age.

• Sad 1

On 4/23/2022 at 10:30 AM, fusion58 said:

I have to confess I've only visited Pattaya (and Walking Street) once. That was in 2014, and, back in those days, it appeared as if the entire scene was controlled by Russian gangsters. Didn't much care for the vibe, so all of my subsequent "safaris" have taken place in Bangkok.

Nope.

Except for the handful of Russian bars, no Russian control over bars then or now.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 11:58 AM, Leaver said:

Many times I have been in bed, either at night, or the next morning, with a bar girl, and their phone rings.  They ask me to be quiet, and maybe go out onto the balcony. 

You just have to laugh at the BS stories they tell the guy on the other end of the line. 

I'm  sure your girl is different.  ????

Very common for a working girl to have an idiot sponsor or two.

Once I was with a lady who got a call from her sponsor who was so antagonistic, she couldn’t take it anymore. She handed me the phone and asked me to talk to him.

• Haha 1

Let's be real, it is an unstable market and a lot of the girls are just making average money in this business, if not looking at the big shot earners. Then they would usually spend most of the money they earn to actually live locally as well go partying and just a small amount would actually be send back home. 

This while now, they can avoid leaving home entirely and still make that smaller amount that is needed back home, online. Or by pre setup fixed dates and arrangements. I do understand that. 

Still one would think, with all the poverty and poorly paid jobs, there would be many wanting work but seems not. New generation.

There is a lot of new places you can go to see a higher quality level than above average in bars nowadays too for just 1300-1500 including short time room etc but as many others also said that doesn't appeal to me, that dial-in-service thing, there needs to be some game and action.

However, it is hard to be willing to spend double, for a much ruder and uglier girl, in the bars too. So maybe somehow this scene is just really gonna die off for the biggest part and a smaller concentration of bars will be left over with quality girls again too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 4/7/2022 at 2:17 AM, webfact said:

Now that Europeans, Russians, Japanese and Korean tourists are not coming to Thailand, the TAT is encouraging Arabs and Indians to fill the gaps.

Japanese/Korean/Arabs and Indians can't fill the gaps like Europeans.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Once I was with a lady who got a call from her sponsor who was so antagonistic, she couldn’t take it anymore. She handed me the phone and asked me to talk to him.

And did you ask him why he was such a Cheap Charlie?  ???? 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, mikebell said:

Japanese/Korean/Arabs and Indians can't fill the gaps like Europeans.

If they can distract the ladyboy gold thieves away from me I still want them here!

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2022 at 2:17 AM, webfact said:

Some of the smarter girls are now creating online blogs and videos with large followings in the thousands.

It's obvious many farangs will do whatever it takes, legally or illegally, to stay in Thailand.  Those smart girls know just how stupid those desperate farangs are and will push their easy buttons to get money out of them.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 1:09 AM, Danderman123 said:

Many years back I used to own a internet cafe here in Pattaya, back then I had beautiful girl as a regular customer, she'd come in, check her email, sometimes ask me to help translate with at least 5 farangs, then she'd open the web cam and chat with those 3-4-5 farangs. 555. One time she brought in one of those idiot holiday sponsors and as she walked in the door she made the "shhusss, don't say anything" finger to mouth gesture, I just smiled and thought here's a holiday fool being used for he's good for...spending money thinking that girl is his....555.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, bbko said:

I just smiled and thought here's a holiday fool being used for he's good for...spending money thinking that girl is his....555.

And the holiday guy was thinking ........... "here's a cheap hooker used for what she's good for" ..........

• Like 1