NON IMMIGRANT B VISA, FOR TEACHING. WHERE TO APPLY??

My friend wants to apply for non immigrnt b visa to teach, As it is impossible for him to do it in Thailand. Does anybody have experience in applying for this visa in Laos or Malaysia, or maybe Cambodia recently? Nothing is clear about entryl to Laos, or can he apply for it there. He can fly, it is not a problem. Malaysia opened borders as well, can he apply there, in Kuala or Penang thai consulates,  still no updated  information about those countries.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What type of entry is your friend on. If on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry they could be apply for at immigration.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/2.FOR-WORKING-AS-TEACHER-NON-B.pdf

He entered on tourost visa a year ago, and started working as a teacher, but due to mistake of his school agents, he had one day of overstay, which was sorted out immediately as he told me, he did not pay even penalty. But when he tried to apply for work permit they reminded him that overstay, and told him he can apply for non b visa only abroad. All this time he was working on covid extensions, Now it is time for new contarc he wants to work normally and legally.

27 minutes ago, anandra said:

He entered on tourost visa a year ago, and started working as a teacher, but due to mistake of his school agents, he had one day of overstay, which was sorted out immediately as he told me, he did not pay even penalty. But when he tried to apply for work permit they reminded him that overstay, and told him he can apply for non b visa only abroad. All this time he was working on covid extensions, Now it is time for new contarc he wants to work normally and legally.

Legally without a  WP? 

8 minutes ago, anandra said:

read again my friend the whole text, maybe few times it will help)))

Previously working without it, good way to begin. 

- An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit.   An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties.
           - It is recommended that the applicant should apply for visa at the Thai Embassy/ Consulate in the country where he/she has the residence 

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/page/non-immigrant-visa-b?menu=5e1ff6f857b01e00a84023d4

Edited by RJRS1301

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Previously working without it, good way to begin. 

- An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit.   An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties.
           - It is recommended that the applicant should apply for visa at the Thai Embassy/ Consulate in the country where he/she has the residence 

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/page/non-immigrant-visa-b?menu=5e1ff6f857b01e00a84023d4

it looks like it did not help you to resolve so much text)))  so sad. yes previously working, and now he wants to get work permit this is thr point of this whole article.)))))  I hope now will be clear. But I am not sure.

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

At the moment Cambodia is the best place to get his non-b

It will take a week but best option meanwhile

Thank you. Do they provide those visas at the moment there? Do you or someone you know have experience in applying for it in Cambodia.?

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why not Vietnam?  Just the entry requirements?  Personally, I'd rather spend a week in Saigon...

Thank you so much. It is actualy does not matter for him, just he wants to be sure they really accept applications there. Have you or anybody you know applied for non b for teaching there in Vietnam recentrly?

21 minutes ago, anandra said:

it looks like it did not help you to resolve so much text)))  so sad. yes previously working, and now he wants to get work permit this is thr point of this whole article.)))))  I hope now will be clear. But I am not sure.

He will not get the work permit without first getting a teaching license or waiver.  1. non-b 90 day visa  2. apply for teaching license or waiver  3.  apply for a work permit.  4.  apply for the one year non-b extension.     All he has to do is exit the country and return,  the school should get the documents in order then go to get the non-b 90 day visa at the imm. location where he is working.

1 minute ago, thaitom said:

He will not get the work permit without first getting a teaching license or waiver.  1. non-b 90 day visa  2. apply for teaching license or waiver  3.  apply for a work permit.  4.  apply for the one year non-b extension.     All he has to do is exit the country and return,  the school should get the documents in order then go to get the non-b 90 day visa at the imm. location where he is working.

Thank you, he needs the licence or waiver BEFORE starting work.

7 minutes ago, thaitom said:

Thank you my friend. But the question was not about those rules!! the question was where he can apply for non immigrant b visa, in what country they accept applications for sure, based on someone's experience!! THE KEY POINT WHERE not how and what to do, just WHERE THEY DO IT FOR SURE. As there were no proper replies from THAI EMBASSY IN MALAYSIA, Laos, Cambodia.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Thank you, he needs the licence or waiver BEFORE starting work.

Yes, needs that before he can get a work permit, and get the one-year extension.  You just need to have the school get all the paperwork together.   Degree authentication ,legalization.  And hopefully his university is on their approved list.

2 minutes ago, anandra said:

Thank you my friend. But the question was not about those rules!! the question was where he can apply for non immigrant b visa, in what country they accept applications for sure, based on someone's experience!! THE KEY POINT WHERE not how and what to do, just WHERE THEY DO IT FOR SURE. As there were no proper replies from THAI EMBASSY IN MALAYSIA, Laos, Cambodia.

Then what I would do is cross into whatever country and return on a visa exempt, then go with whomever from the school and apply for the initial non-b 90 day. 

51 minutes ago, anandra said:

Thank you. Do they provide those visas at the moment there? Do you or someone you know have experience in applying for it in Cambodia.?

Yes, they do. I was emailing with them a week ago. Also one of my friends is doung his visa there right now.

31 minutes ago, thaitom said:

Then what I would do is cross into whatever country and return on a visa exempt, then go with whomever from the school and apply for the initial non-b 90 day. 

Thank you very much. He had similar idea, but not on visa exempt but he would like to apply for another tourist visa. But he will try non b in Cambodia as we can see from the replies.