Tourist visa application asking for proof of £5000 in the bank

5 hours ago, RedArmy said:

There are numerous ways of staying in Thailand for 90 days, one doesn't have to be a genius to find the easiest way. I merely suggested entering visa exempt, then extending that for 30 days - Then maybe a 60 day Covid Extension - That would give 120 days stay. My point was, if people find applying for a TV, too complex, take the easier option of entering Visa Exempt.

I'd read your first post again!  Kind of harsh. And you would have to go to immigration 2x with your Covid extension theory and from what I understand the next May 24 one is no guarantee.  With a 60 day tourist visa and one 30 day extension my advice is better for a 90 day stay.  And you know what ? An extension for 30 days is not really a walk in the park.  In BKK you have to go way out to that far away place.  Then if you don't have a TM 30 they may not fine you they may send you away to get one!  That is 2 days ruined and you may have to have a TM 30  In Phuket you may not need a TM 30 but you have to wait outside the door in very very hot sun until they randomly open the door to let you in. Then wait inside and give them papers then leave for an hour and pick up your passport. They only have hours 10-12 and 1-3 as well.  Not everyone knows this.  So having to go 2 x to immigration is a pain in the " expletive " if you want a 90 day stay. 

7 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Awwwwwww, Didums 

What a loser you are. And your advice was completely wrong. Also you selected  one small sentence in my completely correct post coward. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alex8912 said:

What a loser you are. And your advice was completely wrong.

A loser who entered visa exempt in October & i am still here - Good luck with the TV applications - I don't require one.

• Sad 1

Why the hassle?

I travelled to Thailand more than 150 times since 1992.

Never ever was I asked for a prrof of fund. Just arrive and get 30 days or 90 days VOA without any questions asked.

Strangely enough in 2019 to 2020 I was given 90 days even though I was going there for few days only.

i arrive 25th march.Test and go.Process in immigration took 20 minutes. They asked where i go after qarantine hotel. I said sukumvit 31..he asked name of hotel 

.i said i dont remember. Said after 1 day there i will go to korat. Asked name of hotel etc.I said u sabai park resort..he google that and said ok 

After 5 days i took a ATK test by myself 

Negative. I went down to the reception and showed them and asked if they would report this. They said no as lomg as i was Negative. Now in my condo..Just showed my passport. Thats it.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:02 PM, UKresonant said:

For a single entry TR, on youtuber's advice I typed a sentence on the PC

"Not thought applicable be to the Single entry tourist Visa requested"

Snipped it to a jpeg, and was going to upload it for 8 & 9 on the question list, but since we had a state pension letter handy, uploaded that for "8". But use the jpg statement it for "9" Who is inviting you etc.  

To the OP; We had a thread on this last week, the online application is a generic form so some questions are NA for the SETV, as said just write not applicable for a Single Entry Tourist Visa, then upload it (I know crazy but thats how people have been doing it with success, its the Thai way of Bull - $ hittery) And yes better the 60 day SETV plus 30 extension if you want that legnth than relying on Covid extensions which could change at any time OIMO Flip Flop Thai rules spring to mind, id rather know im covered myself, seen lots of fly by the pants Im alrite Jockeys start flapping when things change in LOS... Then everyones like Well fancy not getting the propper Visa you Melon? 555

Edited by Lokie