Jealous ex stabs woman to death in front of stunned shoppers - no one intervenes

webfact

On 4/9/2022 at 8:27 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

What would you had done ?

I don't know what I would do now. When I was young I maced a purse snatcher. Chased two guys who had just stabbed someone and held them at gunpoint until the police arrived. Maced a thug who was assaulting someone. Stopped a gang of thugs from beating a man to death and held the ringleader at gunpoint until the police arrived. pepper sprayed a thug who was assaulting a senior citizen. Chased two guys who had just robbed a jewelry store and assisted in their arrest. Caught a mugger in the act of mugging an old man and held him until the police arrived. Held two burglars at gunpoint on my fire escape until the police arrived. Shoved a wooden cane into the ribs of a guy who was threatening me with a knife. Chased and caught a purse snatcher who had just knocked a woman down and stole her purse. Shot a guy who had just robbed me.

11 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

I don't know what I would do now. When I was young I maced a purse snatcher. Chased two guys who had just stabbed someone and held them at gunpoint until the police arrived. Maced a thug who was assaulting someone. Stopped a gang of thugs from beating a man to death and held the ringleader at gunpoint until the police arrived. pepper sprayed a thug who was assaulting a senior citizen. Chased two guys who had just robbed a jewelry store and assisted in their arrest. Caught a mugger in the act of mugging an old man and held him until the police arrived. Held two burglars at gunpoint on my fire escape until the police arrived. Shoved a wooden cane into the ribs of a guy who was threatening me with a knife. Chased and caught a purse snatcher who had just knocked a woman down and stole her purse. Shot a guy who had just robbed me.

But most of us do not carry weapons with us when outside

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But most of us do not carry weapons with us when outside

Many years ago when my father was alive and a senior citizen he had a scary altercation on the street that convinced him to take private lessons on the use of a walking cane as a defensive weapon. My father then hired a professional, Ralph Castro, and completed the required number of lessons. He then demonstrated the techniques he had learned to me. And I must say, I was really surprised that a simple cane in trained hands could be such a dangerous and effective weapon.

14 hours ago, oslooskar said:

Phew.

After reading all that,it looks as if your 1 of 3 things!

1. A Serial stalker of people until you find someone looking for trouble,or you just attract them/it.

2.Your a Legend in your own Lunchbox.

3.You have been watching too many Die Hard movies!!!

????????????????

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Phew.

After reading all that,it looks as if your 1 of 3 things!

1. A Serial stalker of people until you find someone looking for trouble,or you just attract them/it.

2.Your a Legend in your own Lunchbox.

3.You have been watching too many Die Hard movies!!!

????????????????

Number one would be the closest of the three; though no stalking or searching for trouble on my part. The truth is....when one is continually on the move in a taxicab in search of a fare in a crime-ridden American city he will frequently come across crimes-in-progress. What happens immediately after that depends entirely on the type of individual who suddenly finds himself witnessing the criminal act. In my forty-two years of driving it has been my experience that it is the alpha males possessed of strong character and a sense of social responsibility who take action, whilst the beta males, girlie men, do nothing----except make derogatory remarks about the alpha male, whom they resent, and excuses for their own lack of bravery. 

• Sad 1

On 4/9/2022 at 10:27 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

What would you had done ?

When I was young a single punch would likely have settled him, but that was long ago and not in Thailand. Once in Mexico where a "bravo" was slapping a girl around.

Seriously, a foreigner would get in legal trouble for defending a Thai lady from a knife weilding maniac ?

On 4/8/2022 at 12:04 PM, petermik said:

I could not have stood by and watch this play out....shameful that bystanders did nothing :angry:

I do not know how I would react..... they always say do not get involved in such disputes here, you end up as the victim. That said, given a very close display of say baseball bats, I could have done. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 7:01 AM, Bundooman said:

Big man, huh?

Armchair heroics at it's best is a realistic reply.

Some in this venue may very well be former military or police and may have been effective rescuers, if only they were there. I know Uncle Sam spent an amazing amount of resource training us how to.