Wise transfer to buy condo, anybody did it ? Can you get the document showing that money is transferred from abroad with WISE ?

12 hours ago, salsajapan said:

you cannot buy a condo in your name with a wise transfer, I tried few weeks ago !

What document(s) did you try to get that proved impossible and what was the reason given when you requsted it/them?

Edited by treetops
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, treetops said:

What document(s) did you try to get that proved impossible and what was the reason given when you requsted it/them?

There are various lists out there, and here of course, which list the documents. A search would yield additional details.

For the purchase funds I've seen:

Credit Advice Receipt(s)

Certified bank letter, which summarizes the Qualifying Foreign Transfer(s). Some I've seen have a separate tick box for Condo Purchase

https://www.bangkokbank.com/-/media/files/personal/other-services/transfers/buyingcondo.pdf?la=en&hash=688DBBF0954BF058C263618189F3969BB3530BC2

The last post on this thread indicates that WISE transfers "worked". YMMV.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Maybe I have been lucky but I have been successful buying a condo with Wise.

I had on my bank book multiple Transfers over the last 2 years to BKKBANK with Wise, all  tagged as international.

It Was not straightforward, the 1st BKKBANK i've been told me to go to the branch were the account was opened and for them to decide. Lucky me it was in the same city.

Asking for a friend who has to deal with getting an FET/confirmation letter from Kasikorn Bank.

Has anyone received a credit advice from Kasikorn Bank showing the purpose as "private sector grants" for a transfer through Wise, even though "purchase of property" was selected as the purpose in Wise? Was it still possible to get an FET/confirmation letter for the purchase of a condo?

Edited by Meni