Jealous lover! Man covers girlfriend in gasoline and sets her alight

webfact

5 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

extreme violence against ex-spouses and girlfriends seems to be a common thing that happens here though - not sure it is all just mental health issues

I think it's largely to do with losing face when a partner rejects them. And that, to a Thai, is even more important than money. And that is really saying something. Of course, they lose even more face by being sent to jail for years, but they are incapable of thinking that far ahead.

6 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

extreme violence against ex-spouses and girlfriends seems to be a common thing that happens here though - not sure it is all just mental health issues

No, it´s a feeling of being superior and entitled, but that always comes down to psychological factors.

2 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

He cant be a Buddhist as that type of action is definitely well out of the teachings

Hahaha...you got to be kidding right? Thai society just like others are full of contradictions, Religion is followed , not the teachings. Most are buddhist followers not practicing buddhists so teachings are just a gentle reminder to them which they always preach to others.

This poor woman will have to endure pain for a long time as her

burned skin is hopefully treated at a burn center at some hospital in Thailand.

The creep should  get some of the same treatment to see what it feels like.

This is Thailand however, and the wai, 500 baht and other wimpy jail sentences

will likely be what happens.

5 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

This poor woman will have to endure pain for a long time as her

burned skin is hopefully treated at a burn center at some hospital in Thailand.

The creep should  get some of the same treatment to see what it feels like.

This is Thailand however, and the wai, 500 baht and other wimpy jail sentences

will likely be what happens.

I wouldn't want to live in a country where they covered people in gasoline and set them on fire as punishment and Its quite likely that he will get a harsher punishment than the obligatory stated  "500 Baht fine and a Wai" 

This is not a mental health issue. That’s as much an excuse as brake failure and micro-sleep. This is a case of an ignorant, pea-brained, selfish, monster who has never in his life been told no by his mother, and believes the world owes him whatever he wants. A befitting sentence would be to set him on fire and televise it during a prime time lakorn.

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I wouldn't want to live in a country where they covered people in gasoline and set them on fire as punishment and Its quite likely that he will get a harsher punishment than the obligatory stated  "500 Baht fine and a Wai" 

I get what your saying but what this guy did is evil. This is one of the most evil deeds someone can do. Normally I agree with you and even my remarks are going totally against how i normally feel. I don't like the an eye for an eye things. As it can go so wrong. Plus its barbaric. But on the other hand what this guy did was barbaric too. 

I mean id be ok with someone like this going to jail and never coming out but not if a guy like this comes out after 10 years or so.

23 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

The unfortunate thing is DFV is a world wide matter, it is estimated in many countries 2 women per week killed by DVF perpetrators.

Coming back to Thailand situation, this is really scary :

Survey shows 75% of Thai women experience domestic violence more than once

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/survey-shows-75-of-thai-women-experience-domestic-violence-more-than-once/

Yes some men are victims but as you can see the overwhelming violence is committed by males:

1 in 6 women have experienced physical or sexual violence by a current or former partner, while for men it is 1 in 16. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=rate+domestic+violence+committed+by+women&rlz=1C1CHZN_enAU943AU943&oq=rate+domestic+violence+committed+by+women&aqs=chrome..69i57.12067j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Hahaha...you got to be kidding right? Thai society just like others are full of contradictions, Religion is followed , not the teachings. Most are buddhist followers not practicing buddhists so teachings are just a gentle reminder to them which they always preach to others.

No, he can be a pretend on but not a real one

• Thanks 1