Successful (60 days) Tourist Visa Obtained from the Thai Embassy Phnom Penh Cambodia. ( 11.04.2022 )

Guest traveller2022

Guest traveller2022

I had a STV with 3 Covid extensions which end in May in my British Passport. (I want to go back onto a Retirement Visa) It is impossible to go from a STV Visa or even from a Covid Visa to Retirement Visa. I was advised if I wanted to do this I had to go to do a visa run to Cambodia. These are the list of documents you need: 

Documents to go to Cambodia 

1. Visa on arrival (30 days) 30US.  This took 20 minutes to obtain on arrival.
2.  COVID-19 certificate hard copy (yellow passport) You need 3 doses to enter Cambodia.
3. Hotel booking confirmation.
4. No need insurance.
5. No more Pre-flight PCR test. 

I am eligible to have the 30 days on entry to Thailand but I preferred to get the TR for safety.

Applying TR in Cambodia.
1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months.
2. Visa application form. 
3. 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm photograph. 
4. Evidence of travel in and out of Thailand (i.e. air ticket receipt paid in full) This is important.

5. 60 days Insurance.  
6. Evidence of adequate finance for the entire duration of stay in Thailand (at least 
1,000 USD per person or 2,000 USD per family) or just a copy of your Thai Bank book showing funds.

6. Copy of your quarantine approved SHA++ hotel confirmation for 1st day. (Test and Go) 
7. 40 USD single entry for 60 days.

I went on Monday morning and collected my passport (visa) on Thursday afternoon between 3-4pm. It only takes 3 days but Wednesday 13th May was a Thai National holiday (closed)

I didn't use an agent and no further questions were asked by the Thai Embassy (friendly staff) I saw 2 foreigners being refused for one reason or another. 

Entry to Thailand
1. Thailand Pass. I was lucky and received this within 2 days. Website states 3 to 7 working days. 
2. COVID-19 certificate hard copy (yellow passport) 

3. 60 days Insurance. 

4. Copy of your quarantine approved SHA++ hotel confirmation for 1st day. (Test and Go) 

The Immigration Officer just took a look at my passport and said tourist visa? I replied yes, and that was it.  

Edited by traveller2022

Considered this Visa Run Option for my next Stay Permit. REJECTED. Expensive. Risky. Disruptive. AQ if Positive. Appears you may have had no choice with STV Basis.

I have the option to convert my Family Visit Extension to Retirement, by Agent, which I will do.

My Agent said they could have converted MY Covid Extension to Retirement. Not sure how you concluded you could not. STV basis I guess whereas my basis was cancelled Longstay Extn.

I also had to be told by two Agents and Two IO that I could NOT further extend my Family Extension! So that’s a definite NO then ? ????

• Haha 1

Guest traveller2022

I personally asked Immigration about changing my STV to a retirement and many agencies. No one would touch it with a barge pole. I thought when I changed it to a Covid Visa I could then do it but again the answer was no. You have to leave the country. I found this very strange being STV stands for Special Tourist Visa. Crazy hey. Yes, it cost be a lot to do the visa run to Cambodia. The same as It would of to return to the UK for a couple of weeks. I made a bit of a holiday out of it. I enjoyed my 7 days in Phnom Penh.

Many thanks for your comment. 

Edited by traveller2022

2 hours ago, traveller2022 said:

I went on Monday morning and collected my passport (visa) on Thursday afternoon between 3-4pm. It only takes 3 days but Wednesday 13th May was a Thai National holiday (closed)

Did you do this last year or do you mean April?

Guest traveller2022

Oh dear...I put the wrong date! It supposed to say....Wednesday 6th April. I will re post it.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It should of been April. April 6th was a Thai holiday.

Thanks Joe. Do you know if Phnom Penh offer a multi entry Non O on the basis of marriage?  I note their website only seems to list single entries but I believe other embassies/consulates also only list single entry's but in fact do offer multi's.

Guest traveller2022

When I applied for the STV Visa in Feb 2021. I checked with a few agencies in Thailand If I  could change it to a retirement after about 6 months. I was told this would be possible. The rules changed in April 2021 and I was told that it can NOT be changed over. STV is valid for 9 months and that is it. You must leave the country full stop. The STV visa will be discontinued soon.  

1 hour ago, traveller2022 said:

I personally asked Immigration about changing my STV to a retirement and many agencies. No one would touch it with a barge pole. I thought when I changed it to a Covid Visa I could then do it but again the answer was no. You have to leave the country. I found this very strange being STV stands for Special Tourist Visa. Crazy hey. Yes, it cost be a lot to do the visa run to Cambodia. The same as It would of to return to the UK for a couple of weeks. I made a bit of a holiday out of it. I enjoyed my 7 days in Phnom Penh.

Many thanks for your comment. 

Yes. Can’t understand why Visa Exempt entries are allowed to convert and not Tourist Visa entries. Ejecting those who’ve made the preferred “visa” effort but those who haven’t welcome to stay, extend or convert ! 

Online Tourist Visa website Closed two years ago so came Visa Exempt.

7 days later flights cancelled & border closed. Then Covid Amnesty then Longstay ED Visa ( misled on retirement) which enabled Foreigner House Book, Thai ID, Five Year Thai Driving License; then two Covid Extensions then Family Visit Extention and now soon Non O Visa converted at once to 12 month Retirement Permission of Stay ( non- extendable). 

Well Done with the complex successful Tourist Visa Run. 
Have not left Phuket Home for 24 months. Will leave only for next European Work Project & Covid Restrictions Gone. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, traveller2022 said:

2.  COVID-19 certificate hard copy (yellow passport) You need 3 doses to enter Cambodia.

I flew to Cambodia on April 2, and I have 2 doses and yellow passport, no problem.

3. Hotel booking confirmation.

They don't ask me about.

6. Evidence of adequate finance for the entire duration of stay in Thailand (at least 
1,000 USD per person or 2,000 USD per family) or just a copy of your Thai Bank book showing funds.

A bank statement is enough?

6. Copy of your quarantine approved SHA++ hotel confirmation for 1st day. (Test and Go) 

I dont see anything about this:
https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-tr?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

Greetings from Siem Reap! ????

Edited by blny
  • Like 2

Guest traveller2022
18 minutes ago, blny said:

I flew to Cambodia on April 2, and I have 2 doses and yellow passport, no problem.

They don't ask me about.

A bank statement is enough?

I dont see anything about this:
https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-tr?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

Greetings from Siem Reap! ????

Guest traveller2022

Tourist Visa (TR)

Tourist Visa (TR)

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for tourism purposes.

Required Documents

1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
  2. Visa application form completely filled out and signed
  3. Recent 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm photograph of the applicant
  4. Evidence of travel in and out of Thailand (i.e. air ticket receipt paid in full)
  5. Evidence of adequate finance for the entire duration of stay in Thailand (at least 1,000 USD per person or 2,000 USD per family)

You are right...They don't mention anything about your Q. hotel on here or Covid insurance, or copy of your quarantine approved SHA++ hotel confirmation for 1st day. (Test and Go) but they will ask for them. Yes, bank statement name page and amount page.

Cheers 

Edited by traveller2022

Guest traveller2022
4 minutes ago, traveller2022 said:

Tourist Visa (TR)

Tourist Visa (TR)

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for tourism purposes.

Required Documents

4. Evidence of travel in and out of Thailand (i.e. air ticket receipt paid in full)
  5. Evidence of adequate finance for the entire duration of stay in Thailand (at least 1,000 USD per person or 2,000 USD per family)

You are right...They don't mention anything about your Q. hotel on here or Covid insurance, or copy of your quarantine approved SHA++ hotel confirmation for 1st day. (Test and Go) but they will ask for them. Yes, bank statement name page and amount page.

Cheers 

28 minutes ago, traveller2022 said:

Tourist Visa (TR)

Tourist Visa (TR)

Required Documents

Cheers 

On the border, if you have TR, if IO wants, you have to show 20,000 THB or 1000 USD?

Edited by blny

1 hour ago, TropicalGuy said:

Yes. Can’t understand why Visa Exempt entries are allowed to convert and not Tourist Visa entries. Ejecting those who’ve made the preferred “visa” effort but those who haven’t welcome to stay, extend or convert ! 

Whether the rules are logical, I will not comment on. It has long been true that those who enter with a single entry tourist visa, multiple entry tourist visa or visa exempt are eligible the 30-day extension, and also conversion to Non Immigrant visa/entry. From the beginning, the Special Tourist Visa clearly did not allow any normal extensions or the conversion visas. You were entitled only to the two 90-day extensions of the original 90-day permission to stay received on entry with the Special Tourist Visa. [The Covid extension, medical extension and extension for involvement in court case are not normal extensions, and are available regardless of your previous immigration status.] There was no change. It was just that many agents had assumed conversion visas would be possible without reading the rules. They only became aware of the limitation when eventually trying to help their customers.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, traveller2022 said:

Are you sure you actually need 3 doses to enter Cambodia? Where did you get this information?

9 hours ago, traveller2022 said:

Do NOT show bank statements from a Thai bank. You were applying for a tourist visa. Why would a tourist have money in a Thai bank?

If you did this, you are seriously lucky you got the visa.

You should really edit your post, as anyone doing this will almost have a 100% chance of getting refused their visa, if showing statements from a Thai bank.

Thanks OP @traveller2022 for the report!

Edited by ThLT
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

These are also important:

- Have 20K or equivalent in cash (probably no ATM at area where you might be asked)

- There are reports of people who had a valid SETV being refused entry at Bangkok airport

- Have proof of onward travel, for Cambodia and especially when entering Thailand

- Have proof of a booked accommodation of your hotel in Thailand printed and ready to show

- Don't dress like a hippy after a night of partying, at embassy or airport, you're just asking for issues 

Edited by ThLT

4 hours ago, ThLT said:

Are you sure you actually need 3 doses to enter Cambodia? Where did you get this information?

Do NOT show bank statements from a Thai bank. You were applying for a tourist visa. Why would a tourist have money in a Thai bank?

You should really edit your post, as anyone doing this will almost have a 100% chance of getting refused their visa, if showing statements from a Thai bank.

I have successfully applied for a tourist visa many times at the embassy in Phnom Penh showing funds in my Thai bank account.using a Thai bank account  is most definitely ok.so what you say is not correct. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThLT said:

When applying for a tourist visa (for Thailand) in Laos , you are required to show a Thai bank account with 20 000 Baht in it .  

No bank account then no visa 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

When applying for a tourist visa (for Thailand) in Laos , you are required to show a Thai bank account with 20 000 Baht in it .  

No bank account, no visa, that's correct. But it does NOT need to be a Thai bank account. I applied in Laos (both Vientiane and Savannakhet) with bank statements from my home country. The amount needs to be the equivalent of 20,000 baht, not necessarily in Thai baht currency. 

The same applies in Phnom Penh, but their reference amount is 1,000 US dollars, which is higher 

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

I have successfully applied for a tourist visa many times at the embassy in Phnom Penh showing funds in my Thai bank account.using a Thai bank account  is most definitely ok.so what you say is not correct. 

It is completely illogical for a tourist to have a Thai bank account. IO will see you are not a real tourist. You suggesting to do this is ridiculous and risky of being refused. Although if you want to risk it, feel free to do so.

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

For a work visa, Thai bank account is maybe fine. For a tourist visa? Actually needing bank statements from a Thai bank account for a tourist visa? 100% non-sense and false.  You completely made that up.

What is best, as a tourist, is to show bank statements from your bank in your home country. If you have a Thai bank account... flash news, you're not a tourist. And you will possibly get refused your tourist visa by an IO who has attention to detail.

Edited by ThLT

4 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

You got lucky. And this is bad advice. A tourist having a Thai bank account is illogical.  Perfect reason for an IO to refuse your visa. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Here are the Vientiane consulate visa requirements, of all visa categories, with not a single mention of needing to have bank statements from a Thai bank account for a tourist, or even a work visa for that matter:

TRANSIT VISA

REQUIREMENT

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for the following purposes:

1. To travel in transit through Thailand in order to proceed to the country 
of destination or to re-enter his/her own country within 30 days (category "TS")
2. To participate in sports activities (category "S")
3. The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in Thailand (category "C")

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

1. A Completed and signed Visa Application Form 
2. 2 passport-sized photos taken within 6 months
3. A passport or travel documents (valid for no less than 6 months)
4. A copy of passport or travel documents
5. A confirmed air ticket to Thailand and to another country paid in full
6. Evidence of adequate finance (10,000 baht per person and 20,000 baht per family)
7. Letter of invitation stating the application's participation in sports activities in the Kingdom (compulsory for category “S”)
8. Other documents: as may be requested by Consular officers in addition to the documents above. Please note that Consular officers reserve the right to require additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice. 

** The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to deny any visa applications with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable. ** 

VISA FEE (Cash only in Thai baht) 
800 baht per entry

PROCESSING TIME 
2 working days (i.e. apply on Monday morning and pick up on Tuesday afternoon) 

VALIDITY OF A VISA  
The validity of a visa is three months. 

PERIOD OF STAY 
Travelers coming to Thailand with this type of visa will be permitted to stay for a period not exceeding 30 days

EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their types of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Complex Building B, Chaengwattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, www.immigration.go.th Extension of stay as well as change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of Immigration officers. 

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Royal Thai Embassy. Therefore, travelers are advised to contact the nearest Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.

TOURIST VISA
TYPES OF TOURIST VISA AND VALIDITY: 

1. Single-Entry Tourist Visa is valid for entering Thailand once within 3 months from the date of application. The period of stay is 60 days maximum. 
2. Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa is valid for entering Thailand within 6 months from the date of application. The period of stay is 60 days maximum per stay. The Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa holder may enter Thailand again as long as the visa is still valid. Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa will only be granted to Lao nationals or those with proof of permanent residence in Laos. 

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: 

1. A completed and signed Visa Application Form 
3. A Passport or travel documents (valid for no less than 6 months)
4. A copy of passport or travel documents
5. Evidence of adequate finance
• Single-Entry Tourist Visa: 20,000 baht per person and 40,000 baht per family
• Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: 200,000 baht per person (6 months of financial statements)
6. Proof of permanent residence (compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)
7. Other documents: as may be requested by Consular officers in addition to the documents above. Please note that Consular officers reserve the right to require additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice. 

** The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to deny any visa applications with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable. ** 

1. Single-Entry Tourist Visa: 1,000 baht
2. Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: 5,000 baht

PROCESSING TIME

PERIOD OF STAY 
Travelers coming to Thailand with this type of visa will be permitted to stay for a period not exceeding 60 days.

EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their types of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Complex Building B, Chaengwattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, www.immigration.go.th. Extension of stay as well as change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of Immigration officers. 

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Royal Thai Embassy. Therefore, travelers are advised to contact the nearest Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.

NON-IMMIGRANT “ED” VISA
Non-Immigrant “ED” Visa may be granted to applicants who wish to pursue their full-time education, internship or any other educational programs in Thailand. 

NON-IMMIGRANT “ED” VISA
3. A Passport or travel documents (valid for no less than 6 months) 
4. An original letter of approval from a concerned government agency such as the Office of the Private Education Commission or the Office of the Basic Education Commission 
5. An original letter requesting for visa issuance, signed by the school director or an authorized person with the school seal/stamp (for international schools) 
6. An original letter from the school, training institution or company in Thailand 
7. In case of internship, an original letter from the university at which the applicant is enrolled. 
8. Dependents 
Parents of students (under 20 years old) who have enrolled for a full-time long-term educational course in Thailand are eligible to apply for Single-Entry Non-Immigrant “O” visa. Required documents are the same as required documents for Non-Immigrant “ED” visa with an addition of Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate and a proof of additional 500,000 baht (or equivalent) deposit in a bank account per parent. 
A civil partnership certificate is not acceptable. This is not applicable in the case of informal courses, e.g. Thai language or cultural training courses. Dependents are not eligible to work in Thailand.
9. Other documents: as may be requested by Consular officers in addition to the documents above. 

* All letters must have the letter head of their respective agency/school/institution/company and be signed by authorized persons. 

** All copies of the agency/school/institution/company’s documents must be signed by authorized persons and have respective seals/stamps. 

Please note that Consular officers reserve the right to require additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice 

2,000 Baht

PROCESSING TIME

VALIDITY OF A VISA
The validity of a visa is 3 Months.  

PERIOD OF STAY The holders of this type of visa are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau. 

FOREIGN DOCUMENTS
Documents in languages other than Thai or English must be translated into either Thai or English and notarized by notary organs or relevant diplomatic/consular missions.

EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their types of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Complex Building B, Chaengwattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, www.immigration.go.th. Extension of stay as well as change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of Immigration officers. 

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS

NON-IMMIGRANT “B” VISA
The Royal Thai Embassy, Vientiane can issue Single Entry Non-Immigrant “B” Visa. 

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
4. Business-related Documents)
4.1 Employment in Thailand)

• An original invitation letter from an employer in Thailand, requesting for visa issuance, indicating details of employment, including position, salary and length of contract 
• An original “WP3” form which has been submitted by applicant's potential employer to the Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour, Mit-Maitree Road, Din-Daeng District, Bangkok, Tel: +662-245-3209 (Japanese nationals are exempted from submitting this document, in accordance with JTEPA) or 
• An original letter from the Board of Investment of Thailand (BOI) (compulsory for category “IB”) 
• Applicants who previously obtained the Non-Immigrant “B” visa are obligated to present their original work permit or its notarized copy of such documents to the Royal Thai Embassy. 
• A copy of the company’s registration/business license 

4.2 Additional requirements for specific professions: 
4.2.1 Teachers 
• An original letter of approval from a concerned government agency such as the Office of the Private Education Commission or the Office of the Basic Education Commission 
• An original letter requesting for visa issuance, signed by the school director or an authorized person with the school seal/stamp (for international schools) 
• An original letter of acceptance from employing institution or school in Thailand. 
• A police certificate or an original letter of criminal record clearance issued from the country of applicant’s nationality or residence (valid for not more than three months and should be notarized by notary organs or a diplomatic or consular mission) 
• A curriculum vitae of a resume 
• An evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates. 
• A school license or business registration, list of shareholders and school profile. 

4.2.2 Professional sport players 
• The applicant must be approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Thailand, prior to application for a visa. 
• An evidence of previous overseas employment must be in English and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of residence or relevant authorities 
• A police certificate or an original letter of criminal record clearance issued from the country of applicant’s nationality or residence (valid for not more than three months and should be notarized by notary organs or a diplomatic or consular mission) 

4.2.3 Training in a company as part of an academic curriculum 
• An applicant who enters the Kingdom for training in a company as part of an academic curriculum will require an original letter from respective university/academic institution stating that the training is a requirement under the student’s curriculum 
• In addition to the aforementioned documents, the applicant will be issued with Non-Immigrant “ED” visa. 

4.3 In case of short-term business meetings 
4.3.1 Documents from a company/organization in Thailand 
• An original invitation letter, stating the objective and the period of stay in Thailand 
• A company/organization’s registration documents 

4.3.2 Documents from a current employer in Laos 
• An original letter from a current employer, confirming the current position, salary, and the objective of the visit to Thailand 
• A company/organization’s registration documents 

5. Dependents 
Applicant’s family members: spouse, parents or children who are unmarried and under 20 years old, are eligible to apply for Non-Immigrant O visa. Required documents are the same as required documents for Non-Immigrant B visa with an addition of the marriage certificate and birth certificate. 

* All letters must have the letter head of their respective agency/school/institution/company and be signed by authorized persons. s. 

** All copies of the agency/school/institution/company’s documents must be signed by authorized persons and have respective seals/stamps. 

Please note that Consular officers reserve the right to require additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice. 

VISA FEE (Cash only in Thai Baht)
2,000 Baht
PROCESSING TIME

VALIDITY OF A VISA
The validity of a visa is three months.  

PERIOD OF STAY

The holders of this type of visa are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau 

FOREIGN DOCUMENTS
Documents in languages other than Thai or English must be translated into either Thai or English and notarized by notary organs or relevant diplomatic/consular missions. 

EXTENSION OF STAY

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS

NON-IMMIGRANT “O” VISA
Non-Immigrant “O” Visa may be granted to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for various purposes mainly: 

1. To stay with the Thai family 2. To accompany spouse or family members working, studying or living in Thailand 3. To participate in voluntary services in Thailand 4. To have a long-stay retirement  

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS 
4. Additional requirements for specific purposes 

4.1 To stay with the Thai family 
• An original marriage certificate (for spouse) or birth certificate (for parents), a passport, and an Identity Card of the Thai spouse (copies of documents must be signed by the Thai spouse) 
• An original letter from the applicant’s Thai spouse 
• A bank statement (for Multiple-Entry visa, an applicant should show at least 6 months of bank statement with at least 100,000 baht or that equivalent in other currencies) 

4.2 To accompany spouse or family members working, studying or living in Thailand 

• An original guarantee letter from a company or school addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy, Vientiane, stating that an applicant is a spouse or a family member of those working or studying in Thailand 
• A copy of passport pages of those working or studying in Thailand which should include a personal data page and the Thai visa page 
• A copy of the Thai work permit or student identity card. 
• A copy of the marriage certificate (for spouse) 
• A copy of the birth certificate (for parents) 
• A company's recent business certificate and necessary supporting documents to proof that the company is in active status 
• In case of spouse is working with a company under the BOI promotion, an original letter from BOI requesting for visa issuance is required. 
• A Bank Statement of an applicant or evidences showing adequate finance 

4.3 To participate in voluntary services in Thailand 

• A recommendation letter from an employer, a foundation, or an organization addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy, Vientiane 
• A copy of Registration Certificate of an employer, a foundation, or an organization 
• A copy of previous/current work permit (if applicable) 
• A copy of employment contract (if applicable) 

4.4 To have a long stay retirement “O-A” (up to one year) Eligibility 

• An applicant must be aged 50 years old and over (on the application submission date) 
• An applicant is not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) 
• No criminal record in Thailand and the country of applicant’s nationality or residence 
• An applicant is the Lao national or has a permanent residence in Laos 
• An application has no prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535. 

Required Documents

• A Passport or travel documents (valid for no less than 18 months) 
• 3 copies of completed and signed Visa Application Forms 
• 3 passport-sized photos taken within 6 months 
• 3 copies of Curriculum Vitae 
• 3 copies of Bank Statement showing a deposit of not less than 800,000 Baht or an original of Income Certificate with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a bank account together with a monthly income of not less than 800,000 Baht 
• 3 copies of a letter of guarantee from the bank (if submitting a bank statement) 
• 3 copies of a letter of criminal record clearance issued from the country of applicant’s nationality or residence (valid for not more than three months and should be notarized by notary organs or a diplomatic or consular mission) 
• 3 copies of a medical certificate issued from the medical institutes where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases (leprosy, tuberculosis, drug addiction, elephantiasis and third step of syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (valid for not more than three months and should be notarized by notary organs or a diplomatic or consular mission) 
• In case of an accompanied spouse is not eligible to apply for the “O-A” (Long Stay) visa, the spouse will be considered for a temporary stay under “Non-O” visa. A marriage certificate must be provided as an evidence and should be notarized by notary organs or a diplomatic or consular mission. 

5. Other documents: as may be requested by consular officers in addition to the documents above. 

* All letters must have the letter head of their respective agency/school/institution/company and be signed by authorized persons. 

Please note that Consular officers reserve the right to require additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice. 

VISA FEE (Cash only in Thai Baht)
1. Non-O Single-Entry Visa: 2,000 baht
2. Non O-A Multiple-Entry Visa: 5,000 baht

PROCESSING TIME

VALIDITY OF A VISA
1. Non-O Single-Entry Visa: 3 Months
2. Non O-A Multiple-Entry Visa: 1 Year  

PERIOD OF STAY
The holders of “Non-O” visa are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom not exceeding 3 Months and for “O-A” visa is not exceeding 1 Year unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau 

FOREIGN DOCUMENTS

EXTENSION OF STAY

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS

Edited by ThLT

4 minutes ago, ThLT said:

For a work visa, Thai bank account is fine. For a tourist visa? Bank statements from a Thai bank account for a tourist visa? 100% non-sense and false.  You completely made that up yourself.

What is best, as a tourist, is to show bank statements from your bank in your home country. If you have a Thai bank account... flash news, you're not a tourist. And you will possibly get refused your tourist visa by an IO who has attention to detail.

I didn't make it up , I applied for a tourist Visa in Savanakhet Laos 

• Thanks 2