Appointment at Chaeng Wattana

It is that time of the year again to renew my visa extension. I had bookmarked the page to make an appointment which worked out so well last year and of course it was gone. With no forwarding page. Does anyone know if it is still available or has it disappeared into the ether. Thanks. 

I need to apply for my first extension of visa based on retirement.  Do I need to make an appointment or can I simply turn up at Chaeng Wattana?  The link provided by Oxx gives an option for retirement extension but all the dates are greyed out and say "no information".

43 minutes ago, thaibook said:

I need to apply for my first extension of visa based on retirement.  Do I need to make an appointment or can I simply turn up at Chaeng Wattana?  The link provided by Oxx gives an option for retirement extension but all the dates are greyed out and say "no information".

You can just turn up, but you may end up waiting 5 of 6 hours, or possibly more, to be processed.

With the appointment booking link, you must select the type of appointment first, before selecting a date.  As things stand, there are appointments available on the 18th, 20th, then every working day after that.

• Like 1

Lesson learned this year ....

Plan well in advance for retirement annual extension appointments.

I went on to the booking site almost 3 weeks in advance this year and

could only get an appointment 2 weeks out. This left me with an appointment

just days ahead of my expiration date, which I typically try to avoid just in case

something goes awry.

9 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

Plan well in advance for retirement annual extension appointments.

If you want an appointment, yes.

You can make the appointment up to 60 - 75 days before your current permission to stay expires. 

The current system has a 30 day window, and you can renew an extension 30-45 days before your current extension expires. So it's 30 + 45 (in those offices which allow for the 45 day advance window.

The current appointment system offers six slots daily for marriage/retirement extensions, at CW anyway. assume that's universal for all offices?

That said, there are slots open for Monday 18 April at CW. But not Tuesday 19 April.

21 hours ago, Oxx said:

You can just turn up, but you may end up waiting 5 of 6 hours, or possibly more, to be processed.

With the appointment booking link, you must select the type of appointment first, before selecting a date.  As things stand, there are appointments available on the 18th, 20th, then every working day after that.

thank you Oxx, and the others who have answered.

On 4/12/2022 at 11:01 AM, thaibook said:

I did mine today. Had an appt at 2pm, The person in front of me was finished by 1:45 so I just went in and was done by 2pm. Then of course the 40 minute wait for your passport to come back. I always wonder why that takes so long. One person was handling appointments in #L1 -32. Before that I had to go to L1-27 to have my documents checked to make sure it was in order. There were loads of people waiting who did not have an appt. Get an appt. They even send you a reminder the day before. 

33 minutes ago, BrianBkyn said:

I always wonder why that takes so long.

It's because Immigration has no conception of providing a service and treats foreigners with utter contempt if not revulsion.

On 4/13/2022 at 8:07 AM, mtls2005 said:

If you want an appointment, yes.

You can make the appointment up to 60 - 75 days before your current permission to stay expires. 

The current system has a 30 day window, and you can renew an extension 30-45 days before your current extension expires. So it's 30 + 45 (in those offices which allow for the 45 day advance window.

The current appointment system offers six slots daily for marriage/retirement extensions, at CW anyway. assume that's universal for all offices?

That said, there are slots open for Monday 18 April at CW. But not Tuesday 19 April.

So does CW allow for the 45 day advance window for Non O Retirement extension ?  

Another advantage of the appointment system (which I used a year ago and just yesterday for retirement/funds in bank) is that there is a dedicated Immo officer who is stationed at Desk #32.  So, you are not getting some random lass with a chip on her shoulder.  Why is that important?  See below:

In both times I have gone to this desk with the pre-booked appointment, the officer has been the most efficient and polite I have ever dealt with at Immo/CW in decades.  It also may mean that the people who use the appointment system have "all their ducks in a row" and do not waste the time of the official (e.g., to go for extra photocopies, to fill out the additional forms, etc.).  Ergo, they treat you with more courtesy.

So, to echo the others, if you do your extension at Immo/CW, use the appointment system!  It is the best thing yet to happen at Division 1.

• 1 year later...