30 or 7 day extension of NON OA Visa possible

I think you have entered with NON-OA and have permission to stay for one year just like this.

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/page/non-immigrant-visa-o-a?menu=5e1ff71bc4281a00c812e8e2

> Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.

> A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.

You can extend permission to stay without leaving Thai.

It can be done at local immigration office.????

Extension is for one year, not 30 days.

For your reference, this is information in Phuket.

Basically it should be same in other place.

(Some local office might have some local rule...)

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

This site say "Valid Non-O visa", but it should be Non-OA.

Edited by XD1 at Phuket

Perhaps you can carefully check your passport to verify your current immigration status. If your current permission to stay (from your entry stamp) is really until 2023-01-20 then it is premature to be looking at further extensions. If you have a Non O-A visa (expiring 2023-01-20) but were erroneously only given 90 days when entering Thailand, then you need to get your entry stamp corrected. What I suspect is that you have a multiple entry Non O visa, not a Non O-A visa. In that case, although the visa expiry date is 2023-01-20, you were correctly only given 90 days on entry. Unless you have a close Thai family member, there is no appropriate short term extension available. You may be eligible for a one-year extension if you can meet the requirements. Otherwise, if you only need a few more days, you could apply for an extension without meeting the necessary requirements, and (after being denied the extension) will be ordered out of the country within seven days.

11 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Looking way into the future.

Leave and return to get another 12 months.

Amazing that I am looking into the future... Leaving and returning is what I do not want to do to get another 7 days and what was clearly stated in my post.

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

Perhaps you can carefully check your passport to verify your current immigration status. If your current permission to stay (from your entry stamp) is really until 2023-01-20 then it is premature to be looking at further extensions. If you have a Non O-A visa (expiring 2023-01-20) but were erroneously only given 90 days when entering Thailand, then you need to get your entry stamp corrected. What I suspect is that you have a multiple entry Non O visa, not a Non O-A visa. In that case, although the visa expiry date is 2023-01-20, you were correctly only given 90 days on entry. Unless you have a close Thai family member, there is no appropriate short term extension available. You may be eligible for a one-year extension if you can meet the requirements. Otherwise, if you only need a few more days, you could apply for an extension without meeting the necessary requirements, and (after being denied the extension) will be ordered out of the country within seven days.

Have multi entry NON OA with permission to stay until 20th jan and will get another year when I leave.

11 minutes ago, stat said:

Have multi entry NON OA with permission to stay until 20th jan and will get another year when I leave.

When does your Non-OA visa expire? That is an important date since after that day you would not get a new one year entry.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

When does your Non-OA visa expire? That is an important date since after that day you would not get a new one year entry.

This is my fallback option that I leave TH one day before... I am aware that the Visa is no longer valid after the last day, thx for the reminder! Is there a grace period of some days with or without fines if I overstay? Just want to make sure what my options are. Thanks!

1 hour ago, stat said:

This is my fallback option that I leave TH one day before... I am aware that the Visa is no longer valid after the last day, thx for the reminder! Is there a grace period of some days with or without fines if I overstay? Just want to make sure what my options are. Thanks!

There is no grace period for the day your visa expires. After that day you would only get a visa exempt entry when your return.

For your permit to stay from it there is also no grace period. If you overstay for one day they will not fine you 500 baht for a overstay. After that it is 500 baht for everyday of your overstay up to a maximum of 20k baht.

• Thanks 1