UK Prime Minister Fined For Breaking Covid Regulations

On 4/13/2022 at 12:42 AM, steve187 said:

so they broke a covid rule, as i would think did thousands of others, but are they hounded like the MP's were no

Those that were caught breaking the rules were fined. Some of those organising parties were fine £10,000!!!  Were they hounded?  Why would they be hounded?  They pay their fine and the matter is over - MP's are the ones that run the country and the Prime Minister is the one responsible for making the rules.  How much credence can any rule have if the people who make the rules don't abide by them?

However, the point here is not really that Johnson broke the rules.  Research his history - the man lives his life through lying, he has no notion of the truth. This is far from the first time he's lied or acted improperly whilst he has been Prime Minister but it goes back much further than that.  When he was a journalist he made stories up all the time and twisted other. Do you think its OK for the UK Prime Minister to be a person who has a very odd relationship with the truth?

This is just one article that you may find interesting:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/15/laughter-lies-boris-johnson-journey-journalist-mp

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Do you think its OK for the UK Prime Minister to be a person who has a very odd relationship with the truth?

Every politician the world over has a very odd relationship with the truth!

• Confused 1

On 4/18/2022 at 5:58 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

IMO , the new immigration policy's have nothing to do with his  fines , they are two separate unconnected issues .

Also, I am not "defending" him , I think that its rather ludicrous to suggest that Boris announced a new controversial immigration policy for the sole purpose of attempting to get the public to forget about the party fines .

Going to a party is quite a minor issue anyway  , like who did strictly keep to all the lock down rules ?

Its a minor issue and its been dealt with and he's been fined .

Labour supporters will try and keep this story going as long as possible , keep it in the news for as long as they can , try to get as many  different angles for as long as possible , just so they can have their daily rant about Boris .

You don't seem to b able to understand the difference between giving an impartial opinion and defending someone .

Like , if I were to say something like "I think that Keir Starmer comes from Mars" and if you were to disagree with me , that would be you defending him 

It may be a minor issue to you, but clearly to the electorate it's not.

Boris Johnson approval rating: PM’s popularity surges to highest point for 5 months

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s leadership of the UK during Russia’s invasion of Ukraine seems to have breathed new life into his popularity with the British people. The PM endured a difficult start to 2022 due to the ongoing ‘partygate' scandal which consequently led to his approval rating dip to its lowest ever score."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1584498/Boris-Johnson-latest-approval-rating-evg

His approval rating surged all the up to 30!

• Like 2