Authorities Urged to Consider Subsidizing Vaccine Trips for Seniors

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Rural Doctor Society (RDS) has endorsed a proposal by a senior doctor at Ramathibodi Hospital urging the government to allocate about 1 billion baht towards subsidizing elderly visits to COVID vaccination centers.

Laughable

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Why can7t the RDS teams instead be sent to homes, instead of encouraging "vulnerable" seniors to travel then crowd into health centers or Hospitals to be made to wait hours with no social distancing?

Vaccines should never be given in the patient’s home there are no facilities in the home to treat immediate adverse reactions to the vaccine (anaphylactic shock) which is usually to the delivery system (i.e. The fluid the vaccine is contained in) not the vaccine itself.

Delivery systems for vaccines are made from egg and if the person is allergic to egg-based injections anaphylactic shock can set in very quickly, you can choke to death within minutes.

Vaccines should be given in a clinical environment with the correct staff drugs and equipment on hand (pharmacists are trained in treating anaphylactic shock and most good pharmacies have the relevant drugs and equipment to treat it quickly).

This same cautions apply to the flu vaccine.

This is a very good idea, lay on buses and get them to the vaccination centre visiting each one individually at home is prohibitively expensive and a waste of skilled staff time travelling between homes

5 hours ago, robertson468 said:

It has taken the Government this long to come up with a plan for the elderly, which is still unacceptable.  They should have mobile clinics going out to the elderly population and vaccinating them in their own homes.  Very poor and late planning.

Vaccines should never be given in the patient’s home there are no facilities in the home to treat immediate adverse reactions to the vaccine (anaphylactic shock) which is usually to the delivery system (i.e. The fluid the vaccine is contained in) not the vaccine itself.

Delivery systems for vaccines are made from egg and if the person is allergic to egg-based injections anaphylactic shock can set in very quickly, you can choke to death within minutes.

Vaccines should be given in a clinical environment with the correct staff drugs and equipment on hand (pharmacists are trained in treating anaphylactic shock and most good pharmacies have the relevant drugs and equipment to treat it quickly).

This same cautions apply to the flu vaccine.

This is a very good idea, lay on buses and get them to the vaccination centre visiting each one individually at home is prohibitively expensive and a waste of skilled staff time travelling between homes

• Like 1

There are adverse reaction risks, of course they can be mitigated. I got my vaccines in a WAL-MART

Test two of Test and go a fiasco where I had to travel to a hospital  and made to wait for hours in a car-park structure hundreds of people tourists and locals with no extra ventilation and no social distancing. Like they were to engineer a super-spreader event. 

I think at this point in time we are down to ignorance and holdouts. I know even of a fareng in the sticks who refuses demands of local authorities identified house to house, and he brainwashed his Thai wife also.

Some will not take the vaccine. Time to give up on them, continue common sense public health measures do out best to protect the vulnerable and get on with life. This virus is permanent.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I'm pushing 80 and despite joining every vaccine avenue my 6 month Pfizer booster is up this month amid a deafening silence.

You just like to complain..... ????

There were vaccinations being dispensed up until  5-6 days ago at the Monk's College, and I believe Pattaya City Hospital  was doing them until very recently. It  is Songkran now, like UK Christmas, lots of folks on holiday, but I expect the opportunity for a jab will be around after the 19th.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:49 AM, jacko45k said:

You just like to complain..... ????

There were vaccinations being dispensed up until  5-6 days ago at the Monk's College, and I believe Pattaya City Hospital  was doing them until very recently. It  is Songkran now, like UK Christmas, lots of folks on holiday, but I expect the opportunity for a jab will be around after the 19th.

How do you find out about these venues?  I get my information here.  I tune in every morning for my daily grump.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

How do you find out about these venues?  I get my information here.  I tune in every morning for my daily grump.

Also see them mentioned on a  Pattaya Facebook Group page...

On 4/14/2022 at 8:39 AM, mikebell said:

I'm pushing 80 and despite joining every vaccine avenue my 6 month Pfizer booster is up this month amid a deafening silence.

BHP have just posted 500 vaccinations will be done requiring pre-registration.

Registration

BHPVac.jpg

Edited by jacko45k

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

BHP have just posted 500 vaccinations will be done requiring pre-registration.

Registration

BHPVac.jpg

Thanks anyway; Vaccination rights are now full (Now fully booked.)
We will announce again. When we have been allocated more vaccines from the Department of Disease Control. '

40 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thanks anyway; Vaccination rights are now full (Now fully booked.)
We will announce again. When we have been allocated more vaccines from the Department of Disease Control. '

Oh well good luck and watch that page.... (BHP Facebook). 

Did you try registering or just gave up on reading the paragraph in black.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 7:54 AM, jacko45k said:

Oh well good luck and watch that page.... (BHP Facebook). 

Did you try registering or just gave up on reading the paragraph in black.

I tried.  Will start to check BHP FB page - a good tip.

• Like 1