Pattaya: Police chief calls on attacks on tourists to stop - resort's image badly damaged

webfact

On 4/15/2022 at 4:59 PM, Dart12 said:

Fist fights amoung drunk people after closing time.  This is norm, anywhere in the world.

But maybe the video shows something completely different than drunks getting into a fight?

It never was the norm in Pattaya before covid. I was always amazed at how little trouble of that sort there was.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

Some years ago I was sitting opposite Soi 8/9 near Police St'n.

When a bouncer walked over to the beach and proceeded to give a sleeping farang a kicking. It was totally unprovoked. 

Perhaps they had an altercation before that you don't know about.

15 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

Some years ago I was sitting opposite Soi 8/9 near Police St'n.

When a bouncer walked over to the beach and proceeded to give a sleeping farang a kicking. It was totally unprovoked. 

Was this guy sleeping on a sun-lounger or a towel on the Beach, or what? I struggle to believe it was unprovoked and random like that... just not the nature here. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Was this guy sleeping on a sun-lounger or a towel on the Beach, or what? I struggle to believe it was unprovoked and random like that... just not the nature here. 

He was a regular sleeper on the beach seating before it was all refurbished.

On 4/15/2022 at 6:10 AM, bkk6060 said:

Crime is up all over the world this place will not be exempt.  In fact, I fear it will increase as more people come and want to release all that pent up frustration over the past 2 years.  Getting drunk and crazy and confrontational will be on the agenda for idiots

As I read the article, it does state that the doormen caused the trouble. There was no indication of confrontation. 

5 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

As I read the article, it does state that the doormen caused the trouble. There was no indication of confrontation. 

Wouldn't get near that Soi bukow area. The beach scene and walking st were good/ok. Now this bukow area full of thai males is problem.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Wouldn't get near that Soi bukow area. The beach scene and walking st were good/ok. Now this bukow area full of thai males is problem.

You have a point...my recent ride around the area, including Soi Pothole etc, I felt ashamed looking at some of the tourists, many from my country, no shirts, no apparent respect..

A few bars on Pothole are the limit, rough looking 'managers', big big girls..... 

If the old bar scene returns, there are a few venues on LK Metro I would like to visit again though! 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You have a point...my recent ride around the area, including Soi Pothole etc, I felt ashamed looking at some of the tourists, many from my country, no shirts, 

Indeed some of these cigarette smoking foreigners in their sh*t shoes, sh*t shorts and sh*t shirts. And the lowlife local males in that area deserve each other.