Villager killed, 3 officers injured in two explosions in Thailand’s Pattani

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXcKLXH1237PDxEbMkThJ3YGAI3YeXqXJ5YIzJ.jpg

A villager was killed when he unwittingly detonated an explosive device, as he was fishing in a rice field in the Sai Buri district of Thailand’s southern province of Pattani today (Friday).

3 members of a bomb disposal squad were also injured as they searched for more devices, about 50 metres from the site of the first explosion. All the injured were rushed to hospital in Sai Buri district.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

According to the police, the villager found a paper bag placed at the foot of a tree and, out of curiosity, picked it up to look inside. The explosive device detonated, killing instantly.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/villager-killed-3-officers-injured-in-two-explosions-in-thailands-pattani/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-04-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

3 members of a bomb disposal squad were also injured as they searched for more devices,

They are still not using those fantastic  bomb detectors are they ........

RIP the villager ,

regards worgeordie

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RandiRona said:

Didnt they just open Malaysia border? Jihadis pouring in.

I lived there for a while birding Malaysia and Thailand. The Museum Thai's are the dangerous one's. I sure would not want to get on the wrong side of them.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MarcelV said:

I live in the South myself and can confidently say the people, including the conservative Muslims, are some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet.

Alot of nice folks there, Also a lot of nice Malaysian's. I ran across many more Thai Muslims in the sticks on the border that were nothing short of scary. On the Malay side I had nothing but a great experience with the locals.

53 minutes ago, garyk said:

Alot of nice folks there, Also a lot of nice Malaysian's. I ran across many more Thai Muslims in the sticks on the border that were nothing short of scary. On the Malay side I had nothing but a great experience with the locals.

It's all in one's mind. The first time I went to Yala I thought it was really dangerous and scary, but I quickly learned that not all is what it seems.

31 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

It's all in one's mind. The first time I went to Yala I thought it was really dangerous and scary, but I quickly learned that not all is what it seems.

I had a few friends that were Muslim Thais. Right on the border. I have to disagree. Even the very conservative ones I lived around were definitely sympathetic to the movement. 

I lived in Yala for a while and had no problems what so ever and the people were great. In the bigger city it was great. 

Living and birding on Kolok and up and down the border I ran into some pretty shady characters. 

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:09 PM, RandiRona said:

Didnt they just open Malaysia border? Jihadis pouring in.

Plenty of home-made jihadis living in the four Southern provinces. These attacks have been going on while the borders were closed.

The extremist schools in the South of Thailand are, ironically enough, financed by the Saudis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Plenty of home-made jihadis living in the four Southern provinces. These attacks have been going on while the borders were closed.

The extremist schools in the South of Thailand are, ironically enough, financed by the Saudis.

The insurgents are basically all Thai citizens, though some hold dual nationality. Lately there has been an influx of Arabs though, many of whom are there to propagate the "dawah" movement.

8 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You are right about Saudi money, that along with <deleted> Jihadis are fuelling terrorism everywhere in the world. But south Thailand Jihadis believe in 'Bumiputra' and Malay national Ideology and they are financed and backed by Malaysia. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barisan_Revolusi_Nasional

On 4/16/2022 at 10:02 PM, MarcelV said:

I live in the South myself and can confidently say the people, including the conservative Muslims, are some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet.

Until after 5or 50 years they cut your throat after having a “ dream” or mullah told them to. “Nice” ? er no. There is no nice or moderate in their insane death- worshipping cult. 
All must be assumed openly or secretly fanatics unless proven otherwise by rational actions like informing on or killing fanatics.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TropicalGuy said:

All must be assumed openly or secretly fanatics unless proven otherwise by rational actions like informing on or killing fanatics.

Guilty until proven innocent, huh?

I guess you don't know many Muslims, otherwise you wouldn't spout your islamophobic <deleted>.

11 hours ago, MarcelV said:

Guilty until proven innocent, huh?

I guess you don't know many Muslims, otherwise you wouldn't spout your islamophobic <deleted>.

Worked with them for many years in Middle East so know them all too well. Far better than you it seems. Fear of them is quite rational so can’t be “phobic”. That silly word is incredibly juvenile.

rational informed folk can only fear those who murder innocents indiscriminately with suicide bombs in name of religion & who preach others can be freely killed or lied to just for being non-believers or “ blasphemers”. What’s to like here ?

Muslim friend of mine bravely worked undercover informing on these murderous fanatics in mosques so proving a true patriot & ally of reason.

chose to believe that he only followed this daft evil cult for cultural & family compliance reasons. 

15% renounce it when moving to rational West. It would surely collapse if the death penalty for renouncing it was removed.