Thai court grants conditional bail for former Democrat deputy leader

webfact

7676FB0B-0F80-4A4E-AC10-4BDBAEE61475.jpg

File Image

The Bangkok South Criminal Court granted conditional bail this afternoon (Sunday) to former Democrat deputy leader Prinn Panitchpakdi, who is currently facing sexual assault charges. Prinn posted bail surety of 700,000 Baht.

Three charges have been filed against Prinn by Lumpini police, in response to complaints from three women who claim they were sexually assaulted by him.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

In granting bail, the court banned Prinn from leaving the country without the court’s permission. The Immigration Bureau will be informed of the court order.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-court-grants-conditional-bail-for-former-democrat-deputy-leader/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-04-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

he did not answer journalist's questions about allegations that he is paying over 1mln per case to women, who filed rape and sexual assault. By getting bail he will continue bribery just in a more subtle way. He is very rich and has a long prison sentence ahead, if over 20 women who came up recently will pursue.

He has lied about being acquitted of charges of rape and imprisonment of women in London in 2003. Those ladies ware payed to withdraw their statements. So police dropped his prosecution https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/news-in-brief-r09fv8cwx5r

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

he did not answered journalists questions about allegations that he is paying over 1mln per case to women, who filed rape and sexual assault.

He has lied about being acquitted of charges of rape and imprisonment of women in London in 2003. Those ladies ware payed to withdraw their statements. So police dropped his prosecution https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/news-in-brief-r09fv8cwx5r

I have always hated that rich people can buy them self out from prison or can pay criminal charges away! Every country where that is possible cant call democracy nation!

• Like 2

what ???

lock her up just in case anyone with any grey matter might support her 

lets have a vote 

Prinn Panitchpakd - 90%

Prayuth - nothing 

Anutin - nothing 

Pawwit - nothing 

we have a clear winner 

am I wrong  ?

lets throw in Future Forward Party who have all been arrested ...................any takers on that one 

Oh this place is going to explode ........................... time to do it now - the emergency ## isn't worth a jot .......................... why can they not take a hint

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Why does he Wai in the op photo... he is no Buddhist.

I have never felt it to be a religious act, simply a greeting like shaking hands, or in some cases an apology. It should be returned if received. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

Well what a surprise that is - not. He possibly belongs to the high echelons of Thai society where sexual abuse of Thai females is considered "good sport" or a normal activity or even an entitlement due to their position or wealth or both.

Edited by Excel

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Why does he Wai in the op photo... he is no Buddhist.

I wai my mother and father in law, my thai friends, older people, people who have some kind "status". Younger people in our family wai me , my thai friends wai me if not seen in a long time. And im atheist! And yes i wai 3 times in temple to buddha statue and put my head almost on ground. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

I wai my mother and father in law, my thai friends, older people, people who have some kind "status". Younger people in our family wai me , my thai friends wai me if not seen in a long time. And im atheist! And yes i wai 3 times in temple to buddha statue and put my head almost on ground. 

In what you say this is perfectly understandable.

However this guy Wais as if in some sort of an apology for his sins, to garner sympathy .. 

for sexually assaulting women [allegedly] .

If he was a true Buddhist believer he wouldn't have committed the offences.

I find the Wai after an offence to be rather pathetic.

• Like 2