Bank letter for retirement extension.

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

Be aware that if your bank account has many transactions that immigration may require bank statements.

Is this first extension or ongoing extension.

3rd extension. 800k is on a fixed account that I only use for the extension.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, rutteketuut said:

3rd extension. 800k is on a fixed account that I only use for the extension.

Thanks.

I have same MO.

At CW bank statements are not required when have a dedicated bank account for immigration purposes.

Only photocopy of bb is required.

Jomtien can be weird, just attend early enough to allow for request of bank statement.

Of course should not be required.

And as usual first ask for book update (can be done at the counter without transaction at BKB) and then let the letter be printed.

Do they ask for source of daily expense at Pattaya immigration in this case (fixed deposit, no transactions)?

Happened to a mate elsewhere.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Khon Kaen

He had used the same (fixed deposit)  account seemingly since 10 years or so.

He was stupid enough to leave his other two books (savings accounts) at home.

Edited by KhunBENQ

10 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Khon Kaen

He had used the same (fixed deposit)  account seemingly since 10 years or so.

He was stupid enough to leave his other two books (savings accounts) at home.

It's stuff like this that is a shame.

Your friend should not have been required to show other bank accounts. 

Just another io wanting to wear big boy pants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For Jomtien!

I take my bank book make a deposit once updated I request immigration letter for 100 baht,  the letter will state the balance only. 

Once done I take my book to a xerox shop and make copies of all the pages but I only submit last page that show recent year of transaction if any. I keep the other pages if any for my record. I submit the last page with the letter make sure to sign all pages being submitted.  My letter is usually obtain 3pm the day before everything noted never have had a problem at Jomtien. 

8 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Can someone answer his original question.......would be interested to know.

First post answer: Yes.

Be aware that this is for bank letter.

If someone obtains new passport the details will need to be updated where the account was opened. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

For Jomtien!

I take my bank book make a deposit once updated I request immigration letter for 100 baht,  the letter will state the balance only. 

Once done I take my book to a xerox shop and make copies of all the pages but I only submit last page that show recent year of transaction if any. I keep the other pages if any for my record. I submit the last page with the letter make sure to sign all pages being submitted.  My letter is usually obtain 3pm the day before everything noted never have had a problem at Jomtien. 

Great idea,  to copy your own bank statements, saves waiting 7 days, and paying the bank 200 baht,  but Jomtien often change exactly how they require it to be done.. 

3 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Can someone answer his original question.......would be interested to know.

OK. My Bangkok Bank account in Chiang Mai has the 800K baht which I leave untouched for extensions. The last two years, I have done my retirement extensions in Chiang Rai, and got the bank letter from Bangkok Bank's Chiang Rai branch.

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

Great idea,  to copy your own bank statements, saves waiting 7 days, and paying the bank 200 baht,  but Jomtien often change exactly how they require it to be done.. 

You got it wrong I use the 800,000 method " my own statement not saving 7 days nor do I pay 200 " see I have copies of all my pages of my book but I copy and turn in the last page which will show if I have follow the 2 before and 3 after I enclose this page since they ask to see my bankbook once because the bank verification letter I get only states the current balance that I have which should show min 800,000. Last 3 years at the desk tops 10 mins this year I was 2nd,  lady ran through everything stop at the bank letter hesitated flip the page and bang smile last page of book questioned answered without ever asking out the door 8:50 am. 

Someone please explain how to get bank statements. I have passbook accounts at 3 different Thai banks and have never recieved a mailed bank statement on any of them in 17 years. Are you logging into a website and downloading these statements, or applying for them on an ad hoc basis? I do get credit card statements but that is irrelevant for immigration purposes.

33 minutes ago, pjmorton said:

Someone please explain how to get bank statements

If required for immigration you would need to request at your bank.

Downloading any online available statement would be useless for immigration. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The bank gives you 12 months of bank statements on the spot?

Which bank..

Kasikorn, Beach Rd Jomtien, it's between Soi 1 & 2, ideal when you're going to Immigration, even has bike parking.

2 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Kasikorn, Beach Rd Jomtien, it's between Soi 1 & 2,

From my earlier post.....

"The OP is using Bangkok Bank.

Previous reports from folk using that bank indicate that bank statements cannot be done "on the spot"

On 4/19/2022 at 1:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

From my earlier post.....

"The OP is using Bangkok Bank.

Previous reports from folk using that bank indicate that bank statements cannot be done "on the spot"

There is a BKK bank near the top of soi 5, jomtien second Ed. 

11 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

What is the current requirement for the 800k (Retirement Visa ext)? Is it 2 months or 3 months prior to filing for the extension?

2 months prior today of application.

There are a couple of hillbilly immigration office that think it's 3. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

So just to clarify. The bank letter can be up to 7 days before the appointment and can be ordered at any (in my case Bangkok Bank) but that may involve some time for it to be issued and payment for that is 100.  A further statement showing all transactions for the previous 12 months is a separate requirement, and again ordered at the branch? The bank book should be updated on the date of the appointment for the extension? Would the Bangkok Bank at CW be able to handle all of these requirements "on the spot" if I went there sufficiently prior to the appointment time? Many thanks. 

2 minutes ago, gilo said:

Would the Bangkok Bank at CW be able to handle all of these requirements "on the spot" if I went there sufficiently prior to the appointment time?

At CW Bangkok Bank can provide you bank letter on the spot.

I suggest you attend the branch at CW on day of appointment and make small deposit (100b)  along with bank letter (100b).

For Bangkok Bank they require days to provide 12 month bank statements. 

Suggest you do that separately a week prior.

The banks at CW are on lower level. 

• Love It 1