Hiring Car & Driver From Phuket To Koh Lanta

Boo

Does anyone know if it is possible to hire a car & driver from Phuket to Koh Lanta Old Town & if yes, approx cost please.

Plan to go around mid August & as I am travelling wiht a 3 month old baby want the easiest & most comfortable route.

Thanks

You should be able to negotiate a rate with any private taxi owner (outside most major hotels). It's quite a way (3 hours each way) + the time/cost for 2 ferries (each way, 100+ baht). So the driver would be 8+ hours on the road, plus a tank of fuel. I would guess 2,000 - 2,500 baht would be a low price.

We drove to Lanta last month. Are you aware that Lanta Old Town is a small undeveloped fishing village with no Farang comforts ?

Does anyone know if it is possible to hire a car & driver from Phuket to Koh Lanta Old Town & if yes, approx cost please.

Plan to go around mid August & as I am travelling wiht a 3 month old baby want the easiest & most comfortable route.

Thanks

Hi Boo - the cost will be about 3000 baht from Phuket to Lanta Old Town. Be sure to check out the Mango House bistro and guesthouse - a recently renovated affair serving great farang and Thai food, and nice rooms on waterfront. Other Thai cafes in town are fine with a decent variety of food.

I love Lanta Old Town - such a great place to chill out, very scenic and the locals are really friendly :o

khall64au,

Where is the Mango Bistro in old Lanta ? We searched high & low for a place that sold Farang food in old Lanta. Noticed 2 places but they were closed up. Maybe closed for low season (was May), and along the tourist beach areas we noticed a high precentage of hotels, bars, & little resturants all closed up.

It’s more like 4.5 hours to Lanta- with the car ferries. (2)

I know some good (public) mini van deals -PM Me- but not as comfortable at your own car.

Mango bar was closed in May.

The best Thai restaurant in Lanta Old Town called "beautiful” is always open - nice ambiance being over-the-sea.

Many places on Lanta will begin to re-open in July/August.

HH

Thanks for the info peeps. I def think the best option is a private car (unless the minivan deals can be done so that me & baby aren't crammed in a van with a load of others I suppose?) I will get the info a bit closer to the time please hellohello :D

Am looking forward to getting over to Koh Lanta, it has been on my list of places to visit for years & a bonus is having someone to visit to make the journey worthwhile :o:D

Mango House is still open and is nice place to stay this time of year as the beaches on the other side are not their beautiful self. You can contact them and see what they have to offer at: www.kolanta.net/SOUTHERNLANTARESORT.htm