UK PAssport renewal - Agent to process ?

Who has used and can recommend an Agent to handle the UK passport renewal process ?

Many are unable or unwilling to travel to Bangkok or Chiang Mai and may find it easier to pay an agent to do it.

If we can collect recommendations maybe it can be pinned in this sub forum for others future use. Please only give info on Agents you have actually used and recommend.

Please do not use this topic to name & shame, such posts wil be removed.

If you do a search ???? 

Only joking,  I used Keyvisa very professional 5000 baht, sent my passport and downloaded forms of passport application and paid new passport by visa form which you send to Keyvisa.

I phoned them and talk to them as well as look there web site I found it all very easy. 

Use EMS for all postage. 

The ‘travel to Bangkok/Chiang Mai’ issue is a bit more complicated than it need be.

I recently helped a British friend renew his passport, the process requires the applicant or the applicant’s appointed representative to travel to Bangkok/Chiang Mai twice.

Once to submit the application and again to collect the new passport.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The ‘travel to Bangkok/Chiang Mai’ issue is a bit more complicated than it need be.

I recently helped a British friend renew his passport, the process requires the applicant or the applicant’s appointed representative to travel to Bangkok/Chiang Mai twice.

Once to submit the application and again to collect the new passport.

Which is the whole point of using the Agent. The total inpracticality of that trip Twice ! for many.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Which is the whole point of using the Agent. The total inpracticality of that trip Twice ! for many.

Having to make two trips is not a user-friendly process, and using an agent might be more convenient for many. However, this convoluted system only exists to comply with Thailand's requirement that foreigners should carry their passports with them at all times - yet it's apparently ok to part with your passport to an agent, and then what happens to it? Do they post it back to you, or keep it for the several weeks that it takes for a new passport to be issued? I wouldn't be happy with that. I'm not decrying agents, but it makes a nonsense of the way things are done currently.

17 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Having to make two trips is not a user-friendly process, and using an agent might be more convenient for many. However, this convoluted system only exists to comply with Thailand's requirement that foreigners should carry their passports with them at all times - yet it's apparently ok to part with your passport to an agent, and then what happens to it? Do they post it back to you, or keep it for the several weeks that it takes for a new passport to be issued? I wouldn't be happy with that. I'm not decrying agents, but it makes a nonsense of the way things are done currently.

Just so other do not get worried about above post.

For a long time since 2015 as far as I remember it was stated in the Bkk Post by a head immigration officer in Bkk that to carry a original passport with you at all times was unreasonable.

Tourist can carry a copy of their passports and expats living here can use their Thai Driving Licence as proof of an ID. 

That has been the same for me on many occasions over the years at police checks. 

The only place my passport goes is a bank or at immigration.

When I used an agent to renew my passport EMS was used both ways with paperwork, passport and when processed the return of my old passport with my new one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Just so other do not get worried about above post.

For a long time since 2015 as far as I remember it was stated in the Bkk Post by a head immigration officer in Bkk that to carry a original passport with you at all times was unreasonable.

Tourist can carry a copy of their passports and expats living here can use their Thai Driving Licence as proof of an ID. 

That has been the same for me on many occasions over the years at police checks. 

The only place my passport goes is a bank or at immigration.

When I used an agent to renew my passport EMS was used both ways with paperwork, passport and when processed the return of my old passport with my new one. 

I don't dispute any of that, and have never needed to produce my passport anywhere except at Immigration (and getting Covid vax). But that being the case, the question remains why the UK authorities can't think of a less cumbersome arrangement for passport applications. I could.

2 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I don't dispute any of that, and have never needed to produce my passport anywhere except at Immigration (and getting Covid vax). But that being the case, the question remains why the UK authorities can't think of a less cumbersome arrangement for passport applications. I could.

Fair call and not too sure but I thought passport applications can be done on-line now without having to send the expiring passport, just send an up to date photo.

I renewed my passport 2 years ago with an agent no trouble at all apart from covid delays, key-visa who doesn't seem to be working anymore. 

34 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Fair call and not too sure but I thought passport applications can be done on-line now without having to send the expiring passport, just send an up to date photo.

I renewed my passport 2 years ago with an agent no trouble at all apart from covid delays, key-visa who doesn't seem to be working anymore. 

Online applications can be done in the UK, but not in Thailand. I could expand on how and why they ought to work here, but I don't want to hijack the OP's topic, which calls for recommendations for agents. The only one I ever see mentioned is the company you cite, but there must be others.

• Like 1

Soi 7 Visas also in Pattaya, as is Key Visa offer the service either in person or through the post, EMS, Kerry etc.

I was told 3 weeks ago there are major problems with renewals, the PM also mentioned this yesterday in a news conference.

It took 5 months for a UK passport renewal to come back here.

11 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Soi 7 Visas also in Pattaya, as is Key Visa offer the service either in person or through the post, EMS, Kerry etc.

I was told 3 weeks ago there are major problems with renewals, the PM also mentioned this yesterday in a news conference.

Yeah my new UK passport took 3 months because of covid starting just as I was applying.

Hear on the news the UK passport office is a mess. 

Heard that a couple living in London travelled to Cardiff so they could do a emergency same day service.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:15 PM, Andycoops said:

I was told that Key Visa was closed just now, a friend of mine cannot get an answer from them.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:30 PM, Kwasaki said:

Heard that a couple living in London travelled to Cardiff so they could do a emergency same day service.

HMPO's "same-day" service is no longer available. Whether temporarily because of COVID or permanently remains to be seen.

Their Online Premium Service is the quickest way of getting a new passport in the UK at the present time. You apply online followed by an appointment at least 2 days later to collect your new passport:-

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/online-premium-service

Edited by OJAS

On 4/27/2022 at 12:15 PM, Andycoops said:

So are we talking about dilly-dallying on the part of a particular agent in addition to HMPO's publicised 11-week delay in this instance?

Edited by OJAS

5 minutes ago, OJAS said:

HMPO's "same-day" service is no longer available. Whether temporarily because of COVID or permanently remains to be seen.

Their Online Premium Service is the quickest way of getting a new passport in the UK at the present time. You apply online followed by an appointment at least 2 days later to collect your new passport:-

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/online-premium-service

Maybe that's what they did after getting an appointment the husband of the couple was telling their story on LBC radio. 

On 4/22/2022 at 2:43 PM, Kwasaki said:

key-visa who doesn't seem to be working anymore. 

On 4/28/2022 at 12:25 PM, possum1931 said:

I was told that Key Visa was closed just now, a friend of mine cannot get an answer from them.

Well at 12:58 today (Sunday 1 May) I sent Key Visa the following message:-

"I have heard with considerable concern rumours that you are no longer offering a UK passport renewal service. Is there any substance to these rumours, please?"

And this is their emailed reply timed just over 6 hours later at 19:15:-

"Nope this is a load of rubbish we are doing more now than we ever have"

Probably best to take what fake news peddlers tell you with a humungous pinch of salt, I think!????

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Well at 12:58 today (Sunday 1 May) I sent Key Visa the following message:-

"I have heard with considerable concern rumours that you are no longer offering a UK passport renewal service. Is there any substance to these rumours, please?"

"Nope this is a load of rubbish we are doing more now than we ever have"

Probably best to take what fake news peddlers tell you with a humungous pinch of salt, I think!????

And yet my personal experience is as follows:

Telephoned the the office, no answer, cut off after a few rings.

Telephoned the mobile number, Girl answered and as soon as I spoke in English, she hung up.

Telephoned a number I was given for Darren, got a recorded message, left a message never got a call back.

Thats why and how this topic got started.!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

6 hours for a reply, no phone calls answered is not good.

When I used keyvisa I was able to speak with Darren directly so you do the same and let me know how you get on.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 10:50 PM, Kwasaki said:

6 hours for a reply

Don't forget that the 6 hours in question fell entirely on a Sunday, though! A pretty prompt reply in these circumstances, I think.

• Like 1