Foundation feud? Shots fired at ambulance in Bangkok - police tight lipped

webfact

screenshot_17547.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a Ruam Katanyu Foundation ambulance parked at the Hua Mum market on Prasertmanukij Road in the Lad Prao area of Bangkok had been shot at. 

Choke Chai police were investigating the incident in which no one was hurt.

Metropolitan Region 4 police chief Pol Maj-Gen Poonchai Khajornklin said that evidence of three shots from a .380 gun had been recovered at the scene.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

He did not rule out that the incident may be connected to trouble between rescue crews earlier in the week.

The media intimated that the police know more than they are revealing at the moment following the incident last night. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 3

I’m kind of surprised when I read stories such as this.  About violence, robbery, assaults, etc. Which seem on the news here to be an everyday occurrence. 
From opinions I read on the forum.  I thought the majority of the bad things happen in the West.  And not in the land of smiles. 

5 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

I’m kind of surprised when I read stories such as this.  About violence, robbery, assaults, etc. Which seem on the news here to be an everyday occurrence. 
From opinions I read on the forum.  I thought the majority of the bad things happen in the West.  And not in the land of smiles. 

It may have been the Land Of Smiles decades ago,i have  lived and been there for almost 20 years,and it has far outlived that Term,more The Land Of Scowls now!!

6 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

Doesn't matter in what country one is , there's violence in every country .

The only thing different is that one doesn't hear about it much.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

That time is past, also in LOS.

5 hours ago, digger70 said:

Doesn't matter in what country one is , there's violence in every country .

The only thing different is that one doesn't hear about it much.

I think the surprising aspect is that first responders are shooting at each other's ambulances. It's difficult to find that in other countries. I suppose taxi drivers kidnapping and executing each other might be easier(?) to find globally, but still, it's amazing to read how systemic the gang warfare is here.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, swm59nj said:

You mean the land of false smiles

Off topic, but couldn't resist....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61192975

Guns overtook car crashes to become the leading cause of death for US children and teenagers in 2020, new research shows.

I guess this just proves how dangerous it is to not wear a seatbelt????

Go NRA.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

"The overall rate of gun deaths of all reasons - suicide, homicide, unintentional and undetermined - among children and teenagers rose by 29.5%, more than twice that of the wider population. "

I'd like to see a study of how much of this is related to social media and internet addiction.