Failed attempt at trying to get a non o in BKK

On 4/23/2022 at 8:56 PM, DefaultName said:

Can I just add that, for Kasikorn, you may have more success if you go to a main branch, not a satellite branch.

I'd say the complete opposite in my situation, went to 3 different Kasikorns in malls, all denied me. Went to one in the middle of nowhere, they didn't speak English so had no idea what the documents I handed them were, it was just a copy of documents related to my Ed visa, no official letter from the school which is required to open an account. Sometimes the less they know, the better.  If they could read it, I'd have never been able to open the account.

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't quite follow. 

If your leaving with a 90 day that means your obtaining a non O (retirement). 

How are you transferring the 800k into your bank? 

Why are you obtaining a residence certificate?

That was only needed if you were opening a bank account without agent

Just now, AlexRRR said:

Don't quite follow. 

Just now, AlexRRR said:

Don't quite follow. 

oops.....too early hey, yes Non O for retirement....who knows how it works, im just grateful the "fixer" is going to fix it today. 

Well i want to buy a car etc unless everything on the internet is wrong that i have read i need that certificate to register a car in my name and drivers licence though at the moment i have an international permit....

Like i said i did do my research both in here and just googling, lot of head scratching but when you keep seeing the same thing come up you being to assume you have it right......

I will run it all by the "fixer" today since they are the experts and get set straight, Then i will shut my mouth as its likely to be out of date in no time...

6 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

oops.....too early hey, yes Non O for retirement....who knows how it works, im just grateful the "fixer" is going to fix it today. 

Well i want to buy a car etc unless everything on the internet is wrong that i have read i need that certificate to register a car in my name and drivers licence though at the moment i have an international permit....

Like i said i did do my research both in here and just googling, lot of head scratching but when you keep seeing the same thing come up you being to assume you have it right......

I will run it all by the "fixer" today since they are the experts and get set straight, Then i will shut my mouth as its likely to be out of date in no time...

I believe it likely that the passport will get an under consideration stamp on Monday. Try to get your passport back to hold until the under consideration date. Your agent may want to hold onto the passport as they feel more in control that way. At the end of the under consideration period, you should get both the initial 90-day permission to stay (dating from the day your visa application was approved, a few days before) and, a few hours later, the one-year extension of permission to stay.

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I believe it likely that the passport will get an under consideration stamp on Monday. Try to get your passport back to hold until the under consideration date. Your agent may want to hold onto the passport as they feel more in control that way. At the end of the under consideration period, you should get both the initial 90-day permission to stay (dating from the day your visa application was approved, a few days before) and, a few hours later, the one-year extension of permission to stay.

Earlier in the thread the OP made it clear that his intention.was to transfer his own funds from abroad for the non O and season for the 2 months to obtain his 12 month extension.

The earlier posts were all about opening a bank account to facilitate that.

Seems now that he has switched to agent doing the whole process.

I'm confused with what the agent is actually doing.

Perhaps just obtaining him the non O.

Pretty sure the "new rule" is in place.

There are couple threads in "banking finance" sub forum.

Back to the OP,....,seems he is attending immigration with agent Monday to obtain non O.

Will need to be a speedy transfer to have 800k in his new acquired bank account to apply for the non O  

You're absolutely right & the rule was put in place in Jan 2022... 

I thought it was an upcoming rule because there's now a pop up when you're sending money to Thailand (irrespective of whether it's >50K) that (I'm pretty sure) wasn't there prior to last week.... 

IMG_9066.PNG 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

the rule was put in place in Jan 2022.

Indeed.

This alone would make me choose one on the 3 banks on the list.

Recently purchase townhouse and just by luck have a Kasikorn account (for immigration purposes) and was able to transfer to that account using WISE. 

Not possible with my other bank.

As for the OP seems he is using an agent so the bank account will be Bangkok Bank and he can transfer the 800k in one go.

However the agent may be doing the whole shebang it's not clear..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

Not sure it will help your case or not:

my friend opened a bank account without a work permit. And most likely no residency paper.

one of his friends helped him. He has a Thai company here and he is thai. he wrote an official letter to the bank with signature and stamp. Now im not sure if he added anything else to that letter or not. Maybe like a documents shows his work is real or not. I think he added that too. In the letter he mentioned that this guy will work for him and asked them to help about bank account. this is also how many schools do. They first write a letter same this one and the bank opens account. 

he and his friend went to the bank (kasikorn) it took 10 min to open an account.

maybe your insurance friend can help, worth the try. If not your case might give an idea to other people.

Edited by problemfarang

13 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

maybe your insurance friend can help, worth the try.

From OP earlier post........

".i have to laugh my Thai manager friend was stressed after just going to two banks trying to help me open an account yesterday mind you i had the pleasure of doing the circuit twice at immigration then checking 4 branches of banks in the basement there for like 5 hrs"

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

From OP earlier post........

".i have to laugh my Thai manager friend was stressed after just going to two banks trying to help me open an account yesterday mind you i had the pleasure of doing the circuit twice at immigration then checking 4 branches of banks in the basement there for like 5 hrs"

Well, obviously you didnt understand what i mean... i was trying to say maybe she can write a letter. the letter i mentioned. i dont know if she tried that or only went to the bank and ask to open an account. 

and before you post something again i also added if it wont help you can give an idea for others. 

Edited by problemfarang
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

i dont know if she tried that or only went to the bank and ask to open an account

She went with him to "vouch" for him as per an item listed on requirements from Bangkok Bank.

This take along an existing customer or a "respected" Thai is hit and miss at best. Even moreso in Bangkok.

Been there done that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/23/2022 at 7:59 AM, Onerak said:

Surprising that visa agents won't open a bank account in Bangkok. In Pattaya, all visa agents provide services of bank accounts also for a few thousand bahts.. 

the agency i used for 2 years, opens in Bangkok. I think it was Kasikorn. she did for another friend was taking non-o retirement

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

She went with him to "vouch" for him as per an item listed on requirements from Bangkok Bank.

This take along an existing customer or a "respected" Thai is hit and miss at best. Even moreso in Bangkok.

Been there done that. 

well, that means she didnt try the letter telling he will work for him. So, i dont know if vouch and the letter i said are the same thing or not. I dont think so. if yes, same than ok. but if not please stop replying to my posts about this. it looks like you just reply any posts you see.

because its totally a new way to do for him and his friend. 

thanks!

Edited by problemfarang

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Interesting.   BBL's head office is on Silom Road, not Sukhumvit.

I meant main office in that area not a shopping mall branch.

Sorry, I must have mis-read your comment, I thought you said "the Sukhumvit Asoke Head  Office"!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 6:58 AM, DrJack54 said:

Indeed.

This alone would make me choose one on the 3 banks on the list.

Recently purchase townhouse and just by luck have a Kasikorn account (for immigration purposes) and was able to transfer to that account using WISE. 

Not possible with my other bank.

As for the OP seems he is using an agent so the bank account will be Bangkok Bank and he can transfer the 800k in one go.

However the agent may be doing the whole shebang it's not clear..

Hi...i don't want to say to much but it was an express service and in the end well worth the money, i walked in on a tourist visa with 15 days to go and walked out......say no more.....lets just say ive concluded my business for now untill  the 90 day reporting is required....

i wont say anymore about it because you can guess how it all happened....less than 3 hrs i had everything and out the door....i can recommend the agent, they jumped when i told them my situation with how much time was left on my stamp, for who needs one just pm in private.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Hi...i don't want to say to much but it was an express service and in the end well worth the money, i walked in on a tourist visa with 15 days to go and walked out......say no more.....lets just say ive concluded my business for now untill  the 90 day reporting is required....

i wont say anymore about it because you can guess how it all happened....less than 3 hrs i had everything and out the door....i can recommend the agent, they jumped when i told them my situation with how much time was left on my stamp, for who needs one just pm in private.

result! ????

• 4 months later...
On 4/23/2022 at 1:57 AM, ubonjoe said:

You have to apply for the non-o visa at Chaeng Wattana immigration. Laski only does extensions for visa exempt entries.

You would only use a TM86 form if you entered with a tourist visa. For visa exempt you use a TM87 form.

Requirements are here: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022C1_09.pdf

Dear Ubonjoe,

Do they grant the Non-O visa the same day you apply for it or do we have to leave or passport and come back few days later ?

I will be back in Bangkok at the beginning of november, then will go to french embassy on the following day to get a certified declaration of revenue, then the same or follwing day to Chaengwattana to get a Non-O visa

Many thanks

2 hours ago, daejung said:

Dear Ubonjoe,

Do they grant the Non-O visa the same day you apply for it or do we have to leave or passport and come back few days later ?

I will be back in Bangkok at the beginning of november, then will go to french embassy on the following day to get a certified declaration of revenue, then the same or follwing day to Chaengwattana to get a Non-O visa

Many thanks

You will not need to leave the passport, but will not receive the visa itself on the day you apply. The application is taken under consideration, and they stamp your passport with a stamp that indicates when you must come back to get the actual visa and new 90-day permission to stay.