Do non-O 12 month extension early

I'm in the process of converting my tourist visa to a non-o based on marriage. Currently I need to wait 3 weeks until the visa is issued and then they said 45 days until I go in to get the 12 month extension.

I usually go back home in early July  or late June but because of how this process has aligned it's going to cut into my usual travel plans. I can deal with it this year since I already invested all this time but for next year I want to do the extension earlier than the 12 months. Is this possible at all?

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension up to 30 days early for 45 days at some offices.

Good that gets me pretty close.

Related, do you know what they said to come back in 45 days to get the extension? I will have had the 400k in for 2 months before that date but they still said 45 days for some reason.

I've got a similiar situation. My O extension now renews 27 July. I normally leave TH ~May. I am going to apply for 1 year renewal but request that it only be for 10 months. Will be interesting to see if they can do that.

44 minutes ago, setbkk said:

Will be interesting to see if they can do that.

If you remember let us know what they say. There's practical reason this should be a problem but they get so wedded to arbitrary rules that you never know.

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Good that gets me pretty close.

Related, do you know what they said to come back in 45 days to get the extension? I will have had the 400k in for 2 months before that date but they still said 45 days for some reason.

You state 400k so your obtaining an extension based on marriage.

There is an under consideration period and that often starts from when your current permit ends.

BTW some immigration offices require you to maintain the 400k in bank during that period. 

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You state 400k so your obtaining an extension based on marriage.

There is an under consideration period and that often starts from when your current permit ends.

BTW some immigration offices require you to maintain the 400k in bank during that period. 

I just applied for the visa and they said 3 weeks, which I assume is the under consideration period. The question is how soon after that I can acquire the 12 month extension, which I want to do sooner than later so I can leave the country and not reset the lengthy process.

45 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I just applied for the visa and they said 3 weeks, which I assume is the under consideration period. The question is how soon after that I can acquire the 12 month extension, which I want to do sooner than later so I can leave the country and not reset the lengthy process.

The under consideration period is for the Extension. Not the Visa.

30 days is the under consideration period.

Just now, Lite Beer said:

The under consideration period is for the Extension. Not the Visa.

30 days is the under consideration period.

So you there's 2 under consideration periods? They're making me wait 3 weeks to get the visa after I applied and submitted the documents and now I need to wait another 30 days after I get the visa to apply for the extension? I'm already shocked they want me to submit the exact same set of documents (in duplicate!) as I did for the visa to get the extension.

2 hours ago, setbkk said:

I've got a similiar situation. My O extension now renews 27 July. I normally leave TH ~May. I am going to apply for 1 year renewal but request that it only be for 10 months. Will be interesting to see if they can do that.

Nope. The extension is 12 months.

10 month extension does not exist.

3 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Nope. The extension is 12 months.

10 month extension does not exist.

I think he meant apply for it earlier. So say you get an extension 12 months and I want to get another one 10 months since you'll be out of the country on when your extensions would be. They should make this easier so people can travel more freely instead of being forced to be in Thailand at a particular time otherwise this whole process is reset.

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

The non O gives you 90 day permission of stay.

You can apply for 12 month extension up to 30 days prior to expiry and at some office eg CW and CM 45 days prior