Tourism Council Urges Scrapping of Thailand Pass

webfact

1 hour ago, 86Tiger said:

Power/Control.  So hard to relinquish once obtained.

The Thailand Pass is but a fraction of what it was so that's clearly not the case here. This is not power but merely a formality now and as such nothing but a nuisance. It will go away soon.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

In case you haven't heard yet, Mr. Vichit: Thailand no longer wants Cheap Charlie tour groups. The country intends to veer away from mass tourism and instead attract millions over millions of independently wealthy travelers and their retinues, who will arrive on these balmy shores in private aircraft instead of crammed charter flights. They rich don't join tour groups. So how dare you?! 

when Thailand becomes a first world country, dreamers

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, AMFWolfie said:

Interesting regarding travel/medical insurance. Spoke to an insurance company only yesterday https://www.goodtogoinsurance.com/ for European cover for the wife, absolutely no problem, then, because they are one of the very few who have no upper age limit, I enquired for me. They said their maximum cover was only 93 days which is fine for a 90 day trip but they have removed Thailand from their list of World Wide Cover!! Wouldn't give a definitive reason but cautiously hinted the restrictions in place leading to too many claims!!

The Thailand Pass insurance/medical requirement may now only be $10,000 but for over 65 or 72 in some cases, it may as well still be $100k or more because few companies apart from AXA Thailand (providing no pre-exisiting medical) will provide cover for any extended period unless you are prepared to pay in excess of £700 - £1200 for a policy. 

Would be interested if anyone staying for six months in Thailand and six months in their own country in the over 65 group take out travel insurance or medical insurance and with who, or do they simply not bother or take out a 30 day cover just to get over the Thailand Pass issue!!

Goodtogo insurance have taken Thailand off their listed countries , I wonder why ?  Could it be that they did offer insurance for asymptomatic covid hospitalisation and got hit with heavy claims ? As far as I know there are no insurance companies who will cover you for asymptomatic covid . You must read their policy wording because they often state that they cover covid  when they advertise but within the policy details there are exclusions.

The mandatory Thai insurance that meets the requirements for the Thai Pass can be had cheap if paying for the basic 30 days  . Then buying a travel insurance from a reputable western company will cover most other eventualities for a reasonable premium if you are not too old but when you break 70 the cost will shoot up ..  

• Like 2

For the individual it really is a blip now on the radar long as you have the pass in time with the potential surge coming end of this month from 29th or so onwards...

Less than 1000 baht for $10k insurance on 30-day cover...?

Big deal.

Only really applies, as they say, to the tour group aspect.

Entry is back to normal as far as i'm concerned - being vaxxed up 3x.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Confused 1

"best-case scenario, in which the Chinese market resumes outward travel by the end of the year". Hahaha China is locking down by the day, Shanghai already and Beijing following soon, where do these clowns get their information from?

4 hours ago, AMFWolfie said:

Interesting regarding travel/medical insurance. Spoke to an insurance company only yesterday https://www.goodtogoinsurance.com/ for European cover for the wife, absolutely no problem, then, because they are one of the very few who have no upper age limit, I enquired for me. They said their maximum cover was only 93 days which is fine for a 90 day trip but they have removed Thailand from their list of World Wide Cover!! Wouldn't give a definitive reason but cautiously hinted the restrictions in place leading to too many claims!!

The Thailand Pass insurance/medical requirement may now only be $10,000 but for over 65 or 72 in some cases, it may as well still be $100k or more because few companies apart from AXA Thailand (providing no pre-exisiting medical) will provide cover for any extended period unless you are prepared to pay in excess of £700 - £1200 for a policy. 

Would be interested if anyone staying for six months in Thailand and six months in their own country in the over 65 group take out travel insurance or medical insurance and with who, or do they simply not bother or take out a 30 day cover just to get over the Thailand Pass issue!!

Rather than give long answer - I have posted my own experiences here