mobile devices from the states

riclag

33 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

riclag - You're probably aware of this thread, but in case it helps if your main issue is receiving OTPs:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1122011-expats-keeping-a-phone-number-in-their-citizenship-country-aka-magicjack-not-working/

Thanks , yes I’m aware of the thread . Mintmobile started sending warning msgs late April that they were going to change /update service  and not allowing 3g service as of july 2022 .

Since than I haven't been able to get txt for that mintmobile number . When I go back to the states,to visit next year, im going the same route you and others are doing, by using ( ultra mobile).

Edited by riclag

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Thanks , yes I’m aware of the thread . Mintmobile started sending warning msgs late April that they were going to change /update service  and not allowing 3g service as of july 2022 .

Since than I haven't been able to get txt for that mintmobile number . When I go back to the states,to visit next year, im going the same route you and others are doing, by using ( ultra mobile).

I should of added But i have to do something about this now  before I go 

5 hours ago, riclag said:

I had call forwarding to Google voice in case my alcatel stop working .

You have met the enemy, and that's him staring back at you in the mirror.

I noticed the icon on your Alcatel photo, but I thought that it was a missed call notification. I tried looking for it but not much out there on that phone. 

Then with the iPhone screenshot I was able to determine you have call forwarding enabled. Would have helped IMMENSELY had you told us about that from the get-go.

Do not enable WiFi calling yet.

Turn off all three call forwarding options, restart the phone.

Fund UpRoam for $5.

Ask your son to ring your Mint Mobile number, let it ring through, no need to answer it. Ask your son to send an SMS to your MM number. If you receive it reply.

Now enable WiFi calling on the iPhone and with MM. Run the same experiments.

The fact that you're getting a roaming signal tells me you are registered on the MM/T-Mo network. And your use of call forwarding, or zero balance in the UpRoam account, was not allowing your SMSes to be delivered.

21 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You have met the enemy, and that's him staring back at you in the mirror.

I noticed the icon on your Alcatel photo, but I thought that it was a missed call notification. I tried looking for it but not much out there on that phone. 

Then with the iPhone screenshot I was able to determine you have call forwarding enabled. Would have helped IMMENSELY had you told us about that from the get-go.

Do not enable WiFi calling yet.

Turn off all three call forwarding options, restart the phone.

Fund UpRoam for $5.

Ask your son to ring your Mint Mobile number, let it ring through, no need to answer it. Ask your son to send an SMS to your MM number. If you receive it reply.

Now enable WiFi calling on the iPhone and with MM. Run the same experiments.

The fact that you're getting a roaming signal tells me you are registered on the MM/T-Mo network. And your use of call forwarding, or zero balance in the UpRoam account, was not allowing your SMSes to be delivered.

I had  call forwarding enabled for close to 1-1/2 years and $5 in either the mintmobile wallet or international roaming account balance for 3 years . The balance never decreased while i was getting txt codes for all that time!

So now after 2 weeks  im getting txt msg again on my Alcatel flip after disabling call forwarding and uploading money to my account after a 1 week $0 balance !

I can’t explain why .

But who cares for the time being, right . 
Thanks for your help