Prayuth under pressure - dozens bent policemen sacked this month for gross indiscipline

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Nineteen were sacked from the force with 6 let go.

The nineteen I can understand but the 6 let go is unclear to me. 

Perhaps they have been released from prison I'm thinking Ferrari Joe and this cohort are slipping out the back door.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

Yingluck said way back that officers should be prohibited from buying their promotions. Has that happened?

We could have a debate society meeting with the theme, Which is worse, being unqualified for the job, or outright corruption? 

What a strange thing for Y'luck to say.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayuth said that at the meeting he had warned the RTP about their behavior. He advised them about morality and justice.

He also promised to stop corruption... maybe he should excuse himself and leave the room quietly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Get a bigger broom, oh, and a new carpet.

I can't imagine what a policeman here has to do to get sacked?

Has Dan Ducati been sacked?

How about Ferrari Joe.. that's gone real quiet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. They police and army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us.

The Anti-Corruption Organization of Thailand (ACT) is one of the most feeble and ineffective of all the tools Prayuth has used to deceive the people into believing that he is fighting corruption. Who was the last high level authority, in the police, immigration, the army, or the active administration they arrested, charged, tried convicted, and sent to prison? Very few. Why? Because Prayuth has had a mandate from the beginning to do the very opposite. To protect the elite, the super wealthy who are guilty, those that are connected, and those who are in power. Just think Dark Tao. Just think Red Bull. The list goes on, and on, and on. Only the most naive amongst us believe he or ACT secretary-general Mana Nimitmongkol are sincere about this. 

Very observant.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Do you think I am a corrupt individual?" he asked rhetorically

"he asked rhetorically"

Q-What does it mean to speak rhetorically?-

A-in a way that makes a statement, that does not expect an answer:...oxford dictionary.org

5 hours ago, GarryP said:

What's the difference between sacked and let go in this context? Does it mean asked to resign rather than being sacked?

Maybe it’s when they get bored with twiddling their thumbs in the “inactive post” office and decide to resign ? Or the inactive office is so overcrowded and they get quietly shuffled out the door to make room for the next group of inactive officers. Either way they probably get to keep their pensions !

It’s not just the cops, army and politicians - corruption is rife through many government departments and local authorities here. If you have dealings with some of these officials and you are observant you will see it in many places, often with exquisite and profitable execution. If only the energy and talent invested in the corruption were applied to the good of the country

• Like 2

OK i see it is already brought up 2 times in here, the docu about Paween.

And what you get with a whistle blower, however he was doing his work, they try to shut him up. 

He should have gotten the most support from Prayuth. However, not and thats the prime minister from Thailand. What does he have to hide? Probably a lot.

It happens everywhere in the world, even "my" country.

Whistle blowers are dirty, no matter, they are right.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

How about Ferrari Joe.. that's gone real quiet.

I think I saw him driving on Sukhumvit in a brand new "Ora Good cat", fully electric.
There are rumours he is working on a new gas fired engine from "free range animals".
Probably car will be called "stinky buffalo".

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

I think I saw him driving on Sukhumvit in a brand new "Ora Good cat", fully electric.
There are rumours he is working on a new gas fired engine from "free range animals".
Probably car will be called "stinky buffalo".

Turning over a "new leaf" like someone else we all know?

6 hours ago, GarryP said:

What's the difference between sacked and let go in this context? Does it mean asked to resign rather than being sacked?

I think the guys 'let go' were fired. The guys 'sacked' got custom fitted plastic bag hats?

I'm baffled too.

Amazing Thailand