Poipet border to open for travellers from Sunday

geovalin

The checkpoint in Poipet on the Cambodia-Thailand border will open for travellers from May 1, according to authorities in Banteay Meanchey province. Due to Covid restrictions, until now the route was open only for trucks carrying goods.

The province’s deputy governor Ngor Meng Chruon said people can enter and exit the border crossing from Sunday. Travellers who are fully vaccinated and carrying a passport or a letter of permission will be allowed to use the border crossing, reports said.

c16e9c259d0517ebf54cbc5f94402652-780x439

Chruon said Thai authorities have been requested to open the border as the pandemic has eased.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501066518/poipet-border-to-open-for-travellers-from-sunday/

7 hours ago, fgmr said:

The announcement was reported as coming from Ngor Meng Chruon in Cambodia. Hence my query as to the Thai Govt. , rtesponse.

Thailand already announced this. If you select Land Travel in the Thailand Pass, you can see the Poipet crossing as one of the available options. 

I can confirm it is open. I dropped some people off there yesterday and, prior to crossing, they re-confirmed with birder officials that no problem to come back (enter Thailand from Cambodia) as long as they have Thailand Pass.