Thailand Pass departure date/insurance dates

Hi all,

I'm in the final stages of trip planning, Thailand Pass being the last hurdle. 

I have a multi-entry tourist visa so I'll get a 60 day stamp, and I have a flight booked out of country on day 89 of my stay (will be getting the extension).

On page 1 it asks you for your departure date. 

I read around the forum and the consensus seems to be that 30 days covid insurance is all that's required, despite the actual length of your stay. So I purchased a 30 day policy. I find it curious though that on Thailand pass it states that your insurance policy must be valid your entire stay, and there is a check box asking you to confirm that this is true. Hmm.

Surely, the logical thing would be if I click no on that box, they would reject my application, right? I'm well aware the Thai gov isn't always logical but I would like to know how people are navigating this. Should I just put a departure date within 30 days on page 1, allowing me to click yes on the box? My assumption is they won't be checking my inputs in Thai Pass against my visa information but I don't know. That seems like the safest move. But I would like to hear what others think/what others have done. Has anyone clicked no on that box? What happened? Anyones departure date later than their insurance coverage, clicked yes on the box and got approved? 

Appreciate thoughts. Cheers. 

1 hour ago, milhouse82 said:

Should I just put a departure date within 30 days on page 1

First up I my mind your OP is clearly written and demonstrates how poorly worded the requirements were from the outset.

I just did a dry run with the TP now and on first page the purpose of the trip....I ticked "returning to Thailand".

When I tick that box, there isn't a date to enter for flight out.

Your flight out is 89 days. 

Would certainly not be purchasing covid insurance for 90 days.

I would buy a 30 day policy.

Thinking some people would suggest 60 cover.

You will be stamped in for 60 days regardless of your insurance cover 30 days or greater. 

• Thanks 1

I just got mine approved. I ticked "returning to Thailand" and it accepted my 60-day cover, even though my permission to stay runs to Feb 2023. Who knows if they even checked that. I will be staying almost 60 days before flying out again which is why I chose that option, I do actually want the cover. 

As DrJack pointed out, I did not have to enter a return date so it is slightly different, but similar in that they did not insist on cover until Feb 2023.

• Like 1

It's a ‘box checking’ exercise without any cross checks.

Visa’s and the Thailand Pass are separate entities.

Just get your 30 days insurance and enter on any visa you wish...  thats basically it. 

This is a perfect example of us Westerners thinking too much when really, as the ambiguity shows, those in positions of decision making power in Thailand are hardly thinking.

• Like 1

Yes Dr Jack54 you are spot on again

I ticked "returning to Thailand". No exit info required

Entering Visa Exempt + 30 days insurance (Cigna with age 77) after being away > 2 years since the madness started

Previously in Thailand > 20 years though I doubt they would have checked this (new passport etc)

Approval just received - a little under 48 hrs despite weekend and holiday today

Thanks to you and all the the contributors to these threads

PS I had to backtrack on the application at least twice due to their fuzzy logic

Hope these details help some