Rooftop bars.

PoorSucker

I like the Siam@Siam rooftop bar. 

I know the drinks are double that on street level but I guess you pay for the view. 

I live on the 12 floor in Central Pattaya and enjoy a good view. 

Any other nice rooftop bars open now with reasonable prices. 

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Hilton hotel Pattaya 

D Varee Jomtien 

I do not know your idea of "reasonable price", but i find the Hilton roof top not especially cheap. For example for the snacks etc.

I live in Pattaya but will soon embark on a 10 day journey to Bangkok to have a go at some upscale restaurants together with my wife. Even more expensive, I know, but they are worth it. And Rooftop Bars all around.

20 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I do not know your idea of "reasonable price", but i find the Hilton roof top not especially cheap. For example for the snacks etc.

I live in Pattaya but will soon embark on a 10 day journey to Bangkok to have a go at some upscale restaurants together with my wife. Even more expensive, I know, but they are worth it. And Rooftop Bars all around.

You get what you pay for. 

There are a few apartment blocks around town with rooftop seating, you can buy your grog from 7-Eleven and enjoy the view.

At times you'll get the occasional rat run down the drain pipe. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You get what you pay for. 

There are a few apartment blocks around town with rooftop seating, you can buy your grog from 7-Eleven and enjoy the view.

At times you'll get the occasional rat run down the drain pipe. 

I agree. I am quite the opposite of a cheap charlie. A 7-eleven whatever while sitting on the edge of some high rise building is not the setting I prefer. But this does not exclude the ever lasting search for the optimum price-performance.

Especially Thailand used to be a place where you could get top notch views, music, atmosphere and top drinks while the low prices made the offer even more tempting. A thing of the past exept for some very rare spots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Pui`s bar in the New Plaza has a rooftop bar and drinks as cheap as chips....????

Yes, cheap drinks, but a view of New Plaza from the 1st floor level gets a little boring. 

Back in the day it had good views of the girls going to work......coconut bar and the bars on soi's 7&8. 

Like I said, you get what you pay for. 

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Thailand used to be a place where you could get top notch views, music, atmosphere and top drinks while the low prices made the offer even more tempting

Your comment reminds me of the Orchid Hotel (I'm sure that's the name) Mumbai. My company had us guys stay there the night before crew change. 

The hotel was next to the international Airport, the roof top bar was only a few hundred meters from the runway, it had top notch views (watching the planes take of and land), good music, atmosphere, and affordable drinks (Kingfisher beer) and a roof top swimming pool, it was something I looked forward to, bloody nice hotel. 

I heard that there were some changes, bar closure due to airport security risks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Your comment reminds me of the Orchid Hotel (I'm sure that's the name) Mumbai. My company had us guys stay there the night before crew change. 

The hotel was next to the international Airport, the roof top bar was only a few hundred meters from the runway, it had top notch views (watching the planes take of and land), good music, atmosphere, and affordable drinks (Kingfisher beer) and a roof top swimming pool, it was something I looked forward to, bloody nice hotel. 

I heard that there were some changes, bar closure due to airport security risks. 

drunk Aussie yobs chuckin' their empty tinnies at the planes maybe?

not that there's anything wrong with that ????

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Haha 1