On 5/5/2022 at 12:41 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

I would return the dog to whoever gave it to you... 

a dog is a commitment not an appropriate gift unless requested... 

But also in this puzzle is that a dog or a cat can be a great companion /relief from lonilyness for old people alone. If opening the can of dogfood is a problem I wonder if anybody has checked the various types of cans used, some are a task others super easy. Tear open bags are perhaps workable.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Hang on my sister is 86 her husband 88 and they go for walks every day for about 1 hour or more. They live in their own double story house and the bedrooms are upstairs.

Would they take the dog?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

But also in this puzzle is that a dog or a cat can be a great companion /relief from lonilyness for old people alone. If opening the can of dogfood is a problem I wonder if anybody has checked the various types of cans used, some are a task others super easy. Tear open bags are perhaps workable.

Yeah, I don't think the issue is opening a can of dog food - the dog was sort of foisted upon an 85 yr old man who might not have been reasoning correctly and failed to anticipate the responsibilities of taking care of a dog - at 85, judgment can be spotty... and in a moment of not thinking correctly, he maybe joyfully accepted a responsibility he was not prepared for - - and maybe not many 85 year olds are... 

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2022 at 12:16 PM, CharityDogRescue said:

You have been given because you accepted it, so why not respecting the contract and the life that you now have to support ?

If you need someone to walk your dog for free send me a message please.

If we keep in touch we can also help with the dog after you leave us...

why not help now and take the dog back - he is saying that it is too much for him... by the time my parents were 85 they were not capable of making such a decision, nor were they capable of taking care of themselves, nonetheless a dog... 

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 12:58 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

The recipient is in his 80s!!!!! Someone gives him a dog and he does not realize the commitment at first - - he does not have the capability of taking care of the dog - at least many in their 80s do not... 

And you say I know nothing? You are totally insensitive... and let me guess, you are nowhere near 80 nor can even begin to understand,,, 

yes someone gives you a dog and you don't realize... What a BS idiotic reply 1

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, toston said:

yes someone gives you a dog and you don't realize... What a BS idiotic reply 1

let me guess, you are nowhere near being 80 and cannot even imagine how it feels to have diminishing faculties... but you are pretty good at having no sympathy and compassion... the man made a mistake in judgement. It tends to happen more so as you get older - it is a cruel enough turn in life w/o having unkind people take advantage of you 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

let me guess, you are nowhere near being 80 and cannot even imagine how it feels to have diminishing faculties... but you are pretty good at having no sympathy and compassion... the man made a mistake in judgement. It tends to happen more so as you get older - it is a cruel enough turn in life w/o having unkind people take advantage of you 

I don't care ! my mom is also a useless old person but she is smart enough to NOT take a dog ! so you all weak men stop thinking that your life is the life of people with a brain !

Edited by toston
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, toston said:

I don't care ! my mom is also a useless old person but she is smart enough to NOT take a dog ! so you all weak men stop thinking that your life is the life of people with a brain !

My mum at 99 yo was still contibuting to content of text books about teaching mentally handicapped childen to read and write.

All hand written.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...