Re-entry permit with a SETV

It is possible to get a re-entry permit to protect any permission to stay across a trip outside Thailand. however, make sure you understand that it does not stop the clock. If your permission to stay expires June 10th, and you leave Thailand with a re-entry permit, returning a week later, your permission to stay still expires June 10th.

On 5/4/2022 at 9:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can get one to keep the remainder of the 60 days it allows and/or the 30 day extension valid when entering the country.

I hadn't realised this was possible - does that also apply to a Non O?  I'm not sure that I will be able to get a 12 month Multi at the moment and I'm expecting to be told (on one of my forthcoming trips) to 'get a visa'.  I can only get a single entry Non O in the UK but if a re-entry pass can be used, I can probably get 2 visits out of a single entry Non O as long as I get the timing right.

The procedure is to either visit my local immigration or get a re-entry permit at the airport when I leave - correct?

22 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I hadn't realised this was possible - does that also apply to a Non O?

Yes it does. 

You could even use one for a 60 day extension to visit your wife combined with the remainder of the 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it does. 

You could even use one for a 60 day extension to visit your wife combined with the remainder of the 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

So, to understand how that works - I would obtain a single entry Non O that grants me a 90 day stay on entry. I usually stay for 2 weeks so provided I obtain a re-entry permit as I leave, I can return again provided I'm within the 90 days?

Is there a requirement about when I can obtain an extension?  I ask because although I used to visit every 8 weeks, this year its going to be every 12 weeks.  If I can only obtain an extension towards the end of a 90 day stay, I won't be able to take advantage of the re-entry permit. In that case I guess I'd have to return after 11 weeks and go straight for an extension.

2 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

So, to understand how that works - I would obtain a single entry Non O that grants me a 90 day stay on entry. I usually stay for 2 weeks so provided I obtain a re-entry permit as I leave, I can return again provided I'm within the 90 days?

You can enter using a re-entry permit with even a few days remaining on your original 90 day entry.

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Is there a requirement about when I can obtain an extension?  I ask because although I used to visit every 8 weeks, this year its going to be every 12 weeks.  If I can only obtain an extension towards the end of a 90 day stay, I won't be able to take advantage of the re-entry permit. In that case I guess I'd have to return after 11 weeks and go straight for an extension.

You can normally apply about 2 weeks early for the 60 day extension and possibley more at some offices (30 days may be possible).

• Thanks 1