Why Do Thai Temples Have Chinese Paintings?

snoop1130

Along with disney, Star Wars, Marvel etc.etc.  I understand that the Chinese has some cultural significance but the whole cartoon thing ruined the white temple in chiang rai ruined it for me.

Edited by Mickc

3 minutes ago, Mickc said:

Along with disney, Star Wars, Marvel etc.etc.  I understand that the Chinese has some cultural significance but the whole cartoon thing ruined the white temple in chiang rai ruined it for me.

That's a tourist attraction anyway, not a real temple

Just look at the creepy attempt to pacify and normalize the invasion by Han China, into Siam/Thailand, import some art work, forgetting the 99% artwork at the temples as nothing to do with China, or the creepy 2018 picture of the sculpture outside the Bangkok art center of Chinese and Siam , to pacify people, after the greedy generals signed all the Chinese/Thai agreements, pushed by the influence of Chinese/Thai business families, selling out the country, horrible

such a complete fake and hyped history between the countres,  just to please Han Chinese nationalism as the master race over all the darker skinned non-Chinese Asian/SE Asian races, well done generals

• Like 1

5 hours ago, proton said:

That's a tourist attraction anyway, not a real temple

Yes, I understand that but there are some that build.to honour some monks such as the giant elephant in Korat. Now both the the while temple and this giant elephant are truly spectacular pieces of architecture. The mosaics must have have taken an eternity to do. The cartoon stuff just makes it a little tacky. 

1 hour ago, Mickc said:

Yes, I understand that but there are some that build.to honour some monks such as the giant elephant in Korat. Now both the the while temple and this giant elephant are truly spectacular pieces of architecture. The mosaics must have have taken an eternity to do. The cartoon stuff just makes it a little tacky. 

Buddha would have sighed at the sight of all of it

• Like 1