Global House PV Panels

This is very vague, but shopping in Global House yesterday (first time for a year) and they had a stack of solar panels. Around 450 W if I remember. 

Due to future supply chain issues from China, would you buy the panels now for a later project?

I can go in today and find the specs and price if someone could give advice. Thanks.

Right now prices seem to be sliding downwards after a peak at the end of last year.

I think I'd wait unless I was installing immediately.

EDIT https://globalhouse.co.th/product/detail/2014234503503

Jinyuan 340W poly panels 3,750 Baht a pop, seems to be plentry of stock.

OR https://globalhouse.co.th/product/detail/2103200552946

Trina 445W mono at 5,390 Baht each, rather limited stock.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

These are better value, I already have some.

345W @3,400bht delivered.

Why pay more?

I saw those panels in Global House too. Reason to pay more could be they are 24v and half cell sizes which is more efficient but I wouldn't care to install them without help. They look heavy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 9:24 AM, Muhendis said:

I saw those panels in Global House too. Reason to pay more could be they are 24v and half cell sizes which is more efficient but I wouldn't care to install them without help. They look heavy.

Installing them alone would not be realistic . It  can be done , but yes solar panels aren't the lightest stuff around . The difference between all of them is minimal , if you are worried about it . You do have +500W panels , which do contain more cells , and are larger also , they come around 30-32 kg . The standard 72/144 cell type are in size all roughly 2m*1m ( there are differences ) , and vary in wattage from 300-450 watt depending on brand /type/efficiency .. and are more or less 25 kg each . Then there are the smaller panels , they are off course lighter and can be installed alone , but most of them ( the 60cell type is not so common anymore) are not for "larger" installations . I would not see anybody putting 10 times 50 watt in string to a inverter .

• Like 1