Fully Vaccinated - how many shots?

Every where we see this "Fully Vaccinated" phrase.

As of today 09 May 2022, who would qualify being "Fully Vaccinated" for the Thailand Pass? - 2, 3 or 4 shots? Duration?

(I hope this is not a duplicate post, but I couldn't find the info)

• Like 2

2 shots. 

"You need to submit both the certificates of your 1st (1/2) and 2nd (2/2) doses of vaccination. However, you can use your 2/2 EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) as reference of both your 1st and 2nd doses of vaccination."

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

(EDIT: no less than 14 days before travelling, https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan)

Edited by KhunAndreas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand Pass follows the global standard of reference as follows:

Two vaccinations = fully vaccinated.

Boosters will remain simply that, boosters.

The UK currently recommends that everyone should have their first booster already whereas Israel is probably on their fourth recommended booster by now?

FWIW. Although global health authorities are mostly holding to the 2+1 recommendation, several employers and agencies are stressing a minimum of at least one booster on top of the two-shot 'fully vaccinated' requirement and some are insistent on one having their first booster if older than 60.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Thailand Pass follows the global standard of reference as follows:

Two vaccinations = fully vaccinated.

Boosters will remain simply that, boosters.

The UK currently recommends that everyone should have their first booster already whereas Israel is probably on their fourth recommended booster by now?

FWIW. Although global health authorities are mostly holding to the 2+1 recommendation, several employers and agencies are stressing a minimum of at least one booster on top of the two-shot 'fully vaccinated' requirement and some are insistent on one having their first booster if older than 60.

The UK is hardly setting a good example with its abysmal record.

• Confused 1

Malaysia requires no booster unless initial vaccinations were with sinovac/sinopharm or if you are over 60. Alternatively I think you can enter unvaccinated with a negative rt pcr test 48hrs before initial departure and negative test on arrival (up to 5 days quarantine if you test positive).

malaysia vaccination.png

Edited by oliverphoenix2
additional info
  • Like 1

Just wondering what about expired certificates. Had my second shoot of Pfizer last year June.

The certificate issued seems to be expired after 9 months, could be 6 months depending on different countries.

Is that certificate (proof of vaccines) still good to enter Thai soil?

14 hours ago, gregk0543 said:

Yes but its a good question because in malaysia it is now 3 shots.

That depends on what you've been injected with and your age.

12 hours ago, oliverphoenix2 said:

Malaysia requires no booster unless initial vaccinations were with sinovac/sinopharm or if you are over 60. Alternatively I think you can enter unvaccinated with a negative rt pcr test 48hrs before initial departure and negative test on arrival (up to 5 days quarantine if you test positive).

malaysia vaccination.png

Thanks for that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jethro69 said:

Just wondering what about expired certificates. Had my second shoot of Pfizer last year June.

The certificate issued seems to be expired after 9 months, could be 6 months depending on different countries.

Is that certificate (proof of vaccines) still good to enter Thai soil?

What country's Covid certificates are you talking about? Seems strange to have an expiration date, especially if there's no standard instruction to get boosters.